Tease

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Present Day

Baekhyun loves waking up to Chanyeol's kisses. It is the only way he'll actually get up in the morning.

 

Even when he's been awake for hours, Baekhyun would pretend to be asleep just so Chanyeol can lean over and pepper his face with kisses. Sometimes Baekhyun feels as though Chanyeol is well aware that he's actually not asleep, but regardless, he goes ahead and kisses him anyway, and that is one of the reasons why Baekhyun loves being married to Park Chanyeol.

 

Another reason why Baekhyun loves being married to Chanyeol is that he gets to take care of him, whether he's prepared to or not.

 

This morning as Baekhyun laid in bed, eyes closed, waiting to hear the sounds of Chanyeol waking up, he realizes something was wrong when five minutes after the alarm had gone off, Chanyeol still haven't made any attempt to kiss him.

 

Opening his eyes, Baekhyun turns to his left and finds Chanyeol frowning in his sleep. That could only mean one thing.

 

Careful not to wake him, Baekhyun slowly extends his hand toward Chanyeol. He presses his palm against Chanyeol's forehead and frowns. Chanyeol was burning up.

 

“You're so hot,” he whispers as he brushes Chanyeol's fringe away from his eyes, slightly pouting. “Not the y kind of hot either.”

 

Just then Chanyeol leans into his touch and his eyes slowly open. Baekhyun watches as Chanyeol gradually blinks away sleep. When Chanyeol's warm brown eyes meet his, Baekhyun smiles at him.

 

“Morning, Yeol.”

 

“Baek, I don't feel so good,” Chanyeol mumbles, voice coarse.

 

“That's because you're sick,” Baekhyun explains, cupping Chanyeol's face. “And you know what that means?”

 

Chanyeol pouts. “Sehun's going to kill me for missing work?”

 

Baekhyun scoffs. “No, I'll kill him if he tries to.”

 

“Then what does it mean?”

 

Baekhyun snuggles closer to Chanyeol. “You being sick means I get to nurse you back to health! Isn't that exciting?!” he squeals.

 

“Mhm. Very exciting,” says Chanyeol with a tiny smile.

 

“What should I do first? Call your doctor to schedule an appointment or your mother to let her know that you're sick?”

 

Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows. “Neither. Honestly, Baek, it's not that serious. I don't think we need to visit the doctor or worry my mother.”

 

“But – ”

 

“How about soup? Can you make me soup or maybe porridge? I would love some,” says Chanyeol as he nuzzles Baekhyun's face.

 

“Fine. I'll see what I can do.” Baekhyun presses his lips gently against Chanyeol's forehead. “Try not to miss me too much.”

 

With a chuckle, Chanyeol nods.

 

As Baekhyun slips out of bed, he made sure to grab his cell phone from the nightstand. There's someone he needed to call. The one person he can always count on.

 

Twenty minutes later, as Baekhyun was pacing back and forth in the grand living room, a soft knock could be heard on the front door. Baekhyun wastes no time in opening the door, immediately grinning at the face that greets him.

 

“One order of chicken soup and rice porridge for a Park Baekhyun?” asks Luhan, his eyes smiling. He looks so bright and happy in the morning, Baekhyun wants to smother him. With love, of course.

 

“You are the best,” Baekhyun proclaims as he grabs the bags from Luhan. He gives Luhan a quick hug to express his thanks. “I'm sorry about our plans for today, but Chanyeol really needs me. He's practically dying without me next to him. Poor thing.”

 

“That bad?” asks Luhan, his eyebrows crease in worry.

 

Baekhyun nods, his face solemn.

 

“Do you have any medicine? I can drive to the local pharmacy right now if you need me to.”

 

Baekhyun shakes his head, though his heart is bursting with gratitude for Luhan and his eagerness to help. He finds it quite adorable. “It's fine, Luhan. Don't worry too much because I got this under control.”

 

Luhan looks at him and though it looks like he wanted to say something else, he ends up nodding. “Call me if you need anything.”

 

“I wouldn't dream of calling anyone else,” Baekhyun states.

 

With a smile, Luhan bids him goodbye and leaves.

 

Baekhyun closes the door, and feeling more confident than before, he runs to the kitchen to pour the soup into Chanyeol's favorite bowl – to make it look as though he made it himself.

 

Carrying the tray, Baekhyun quietly makes his way back to their master bedroom. When he enters, he finds Chanyeol sitting upright, back against the headboard, waiting for him.

 

Even when Chanyeol's hair resembles a bird nest, and his face slightly puffy, Baekhyun thinks he's incredibly attractive.

 

“You know if you weren't sick, I would jump on you and demand that you take me right now,” he says with a straight face.

 

Chanyeol chuckles. “Baek, you can't say stuff like that.”

 

Baekhyun huffs. “I'll say whatever I want.” He makes his way over and puts the tray down on Chanyeol's lap. “Now should I feed you or....”

 

“I got it,” answers Chanyeol as he picks up the bowl. He swirls the contents of the soup with his spoon. With a curious smile, Chanyeol puts the spoon up to his mouth and slurps.

 

“How is it?” Baekhyun asks, sounding a tad too eager.

 

“It's delicious. Tell Luhan I said thanks.”

 

“I will. Now how – wait. What?!” he squawks.

 

Chanyeol gestures toward the security camera screen next to the door. “I saw him in our driveway.”

 

And for the first time since they've moved into their house, Baekhyun hates their state-of-the-art security system.

 

Chanyeol grins. “It's still very sweet of you to call Luhan over just to give me soup.”

 

“Of course. I'm the best at taking care of you,” Baekhyun points out, getting over the fact that he was busted. “Now finish eating so I can fuss over you some more.”

 

“I love you,” Chanyeol confesses with a goofy grin.

 

He feels the familiar fluttering sensation in his heart whenever Chanyeol confesses his love, but being who he is, Baekhyun simply rolls his eyes. “I know you do. I'm absolutely lovable.”

 

Chanyeol's grin grows wider, probably because he knows that was Baekhyun's way of saying “I love you too, you giant y goofball.”

 

After Chanyeol finishes his soup, he falls asleep immediately, leaving Baekhyun with nothing to do but stare at him.

 

It's not that boring because Baekhyun actually enjoys watching Chanyeol sleep. It reminds him of their high school years – when Baekhyun would look across their shared one room dormitory to find Chanyeol in his bed, snoring as he sleeps. Back then Baekhyun would always wonder what it would feel like to actually share a bed with Chanyeol, to be this close to him.

 

Baekhyun reaches his hand out for Chanyeol, to see if he was real. He wants to remind himself that Chanyeol is definitely real and that he is here right in front of him. His fingers start caressing Chanyeol's cheeks on their own accord, and although Chanyeol's face isn't as smooth as his own, Baekhyun loves feeling him against his fingertips nonetheless.

 

Another part of Chanyeol that Baekhyun loves is his ears, his elf-like ears, which may explain why Baekhyun finds himself now rubbing Chanyeol's right ear. It's soft and strangely addicting so he keeps rubbing it. He only stops when Chanyeol scrunches his face and turns to sleep on his other side.

 

With Chanyeol's back facing him, Baekhyun automatically wraps his arms around Chanyeol's waist and brings himself closer to Chanyeol's warmth. He burrows his face in Chanyeol's back, breathing in everything that is distinctly Chanyeol.

 

Eventually, Baekhyun falls asleep as well, completely content with sleeping next to the person he loves the most.

 

He only wakes when he feels long fingers carding his hair.

 

“What happened to nursing me back to health?” Chanyeol teases.

 

“Sleeping with you is part of the recovery process,” Baekhyun explains after he opens his eyes.

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Yes,” he answers with a yawn. “Do you feel better?”

 

“My fever isn't completely gone, but I am feeling a bit better.” Chanyeol wraps his arms around Baekhyun and pulls him close. “Holding you

Please log in to read the full chapter