Deep Down

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Present Day

Luhan's been awake for a while, but he doesn't get out of bed though. He's simply admiring the person sleeping soundly next to him. His lips curve into a warm smile that could brighten the whole room.

 

He's captivated.

 

Waking up to the love of his life has never been something Luhan's gotten used to. He thinks he never will. 

 

With his heart pounding against his chest, Luhan slides closer and presses a soft kiss to Sehun's lips.

 

And like any other day, he smiles against those familiar lips.

 

When he leans back, Sehun's still asleep, not yet ready to leave his dreams. Luhan doesn't mind though. He knows that their mornings usually begin in one of two ways.

 

He kisses Sehun awake, and before he could even open his eyes, Sehun would smile. Those were Luhan's favorite mornings.

 

The other way, the way it is this particular morning, is that Sehun continues to sleep while Luhan quietly watches, heart beating with nothing but love for his sleeping Sehun.

 

He brushes Sehun's fringe away from his eyes, and though he sees dark circles underneath Sehun's eyes, he's not worried. He knows the reason why they're there, and if anything he sees them as a symbol of hard work and pure dedication.

 

Luhan sticks out his index finger and caresses the spot underneath Sehun's eyes. He trails his finger down to Sehun's cheek, and that heartwarming smile from earlier resurfaces.

 

He wishes he could do this all day, but that is definitely not going to be the case, so with a soft sigh, Luhan gets up and makes his way to their master bathroom. He reemerges a few minutes later, dressed and ready to officially start his day.

 

He gives Sehun a final glance before he leaves to go downstairs.

 

As usual, he turns on the coffee maker and flips open his laptop, which he always place on the island counter. While his computer is starting up, Luhan opens the fridge and scans the contents. He had a breakfast menu in mind since last night before going to bed. It's a habit of his, and he's pretty sure Sehun appreciates it.

 

He grabs the items he needs, turns on the stove, and starts cooking.

 

It's only a few minutes later when his laptop rings – a video call.

 

Removing his spatula from the perfect golden omelet, Luhan presses the accept button. Baekhyun's face appears, and Luhan waves his spatula at Baekhyun.

 

“Morning Baek.”

 

Baekhyun grins. “Morning Luhan.” Baekhyun's eyes traveled to the stove behind Luhan, and he asks, “What are you making?”

 

“French omelet,” Luhan answers as he goes back to what he was doing earlier. His back is facing Baekhyun, but he could sense the other nodding his head.

 

“Is Sehun still asleep?”

 

Luhan hums in reply. He picks up a plate next to the stove and places the finished omelet on it. He turns and shows Baekhyun the finished product, smiling with pride as Baekhyun's eyes widen and his mouth hangs open.

 

“God, why do you make the best dishes? I can almost smell it from here.” Baekhyun wipes a tiny droplet of drool from the corner of his mouth.

 

Luhan chuckles. “You're welcome to eat breakfast here, you know?”

 

“Yeah, but I don't think Sehun would appreciate me being there super early everyday.”

 

“Wouldn't Chanyeol give you a harder time?”

 

“Why would he? He loves me,” Baekhyun says matter-of-factly. “And if he really loves me, he'll –”

 

“Do whatever to make you happy,” Luhan finishes.

 

“Correct. And what always makes me happy is eating food that you've made.”

 

“I'll pack you some later,” Luhan says as he pours the orange juice into a tall glass and places it next to the plate of omelet on the table.

 

“That would be nice,” Baekhyun says, grinning at the screen as Luhan starts making more. “You know, it's slightly unfair that Sehun gets to taste your cooking every morning. Like really. Who is he to have that wonderful privilege?”

 

Luhan opens his mouth to answer when a pair of arms suddenly slides around his waist and a lean chest is pressed against his back.

 

“Baek, you're just jealous that I'm married to Luhan,” Sehun replies. Baekhyun rolls his eyes, but doesn't say anything else on the matter. Sehun smiles at this. He turns to press a firm kiss on Luhan's cheek. “Morning babe.”

 

“Morning,” Luhan happily greets back, kissing Sehun in return.

 

“I think I just threw up in my mouth,” Baekhyun announces.

 

Sehun laughs. “That's nice.”

 

Baekhyun scowls at him, causing Luhan to try and stifle his own laughter.

 

Sehun lets go of Luhan's waist to go sit in front of the plate set out specifically for him. “Mmm. French omelet. My favorite!”

 

“You say that for everything,” Baekhyun points out.

 

“Yeah, well anything Luhan makes is my favorite,” Sehun says, picking up his knife and fork. “Babe, where's your plate?” Sehun asks after seeing the missing item from Luhan's spot at the breakfast table.

 

“I'm still making it,” Luhan answers,

Please log in to read the full chapter