Frosted Lips

Something Flutters
Please log in to read the full chapter

Present Day

Kyungsoo sighs. “I don't know what to do...”

 

Baekhyun puts down his cup of coffee and picks up a cracker. “Are you serious right now?” he asks, pointing the cracker at Kyungsoo.

 

Luhan reaches over and puts Baekhyun's hand down. “Yes, he is serious, Baek.”

 

“You should be a bit more understanding,” Yixing adds.

 

Baekhyun huffs. Leaning back in his chair, he eyes Kyungsoo disapprovingly. “I don't get why you're upset over this. You should be celebrating the fact that he doesn't want to get involved.”

 

“But I don't know if it's because he doesn't want to or because he feels like his opinions don't matter,” Kyungsoo explains, nervously fiddling with his cup.

 

Baekhyun opens his mouth, but Kyungsoo cuts him off with “His opinions do matter to me.”

 

Baekhyun snorts, as if Kyungsoo had told him a ridiculous joke, but says nothing else.

 

“I don't want to plan the wedding by myself, but I also don't want to force Jongin to help,” says Kyungsoo, eyes downcast.

 

Luhan frowns. “I'm sure he wants to help,” he comments as he squeezes Kyungsoo's hand. “Sehun tells me that Jongin is really looking forward to the wedding, so I don't see why he won't be interested in planning it.”

 

“But whenever I ask him something, he just gives me the same answer, 'Whatever you want, Soo.' And I'm sure Baekhyun here thinks that that's the best reply, but I don't.”
 

“Have you talked to him about this?” Yixing asks.

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head. “We're not the best when it comes to serious talk.”

 

“Or communicating in general,” Baekhyun mutters.

 

Luhan kicks him under the table for the rude comment. Baekhyun yelps, but he doesn't retaliate, and this causes Yixing to smile.

 

“Do you think he's s-second guessing his decision to m-marry me?” Kyungsoo stammers, eyes wide and suddenly frighten.

 

Luhan immediately shakes his head.“Nooo. No. No.”

 

“Definitely not,” Yixing adds.

 

“Yeah, no way,” Baekhyun remarks. “No one spends money on a ring like yours unless they're absolutely sure they want to be tied down to one person for the rest of their lives. That's extreme commitment because I don't think he can even get a full refund on the ring, maybe a partial refund.”

 

“What Baekhyun is trying to say,” Luhan starts after clearing his throat, “is that Jongin is committed to you, so you shouldn't think about things like that.”

 

“Well, then why isn't he giving me any inputs? I'm not marrying myself, am I?” Kyungsoo asks. “We're supposed to be a team.”

 

“And you are,” Yixing states calmly.

 

“Then why –”

 

“Uh maybe because he at wedding planning?” Baekhyun leans forward and looks directly at Kyungsoo. “If Jongin is anything like I think he is, the guy has no idea what planning a wedding entails. When you ask him stuff, I'm sure he has no clue what you're talking about, let alone give his opinion on it. Don't get all worked up over this. It's not worth the stress.”

 

“Baekhyun might be right,” says Yixing.

 

“Of course.”

 

“But I know he has ideas, so why won't he just say them? Is he scared? Am I that scary?” Kyungsoo asks, looking at each of his friends, giving them puppy eyes.

 

Baekhyun laughs. “You're terrifying,” he jokes.

 

“Wha–”

 

“It's a joke.”

 

“I don't think now is the time to joke, Baek,” says Luhan, voice stern.

 

Baekhyun blinks at him. “Fine. I'll be serious.” He looks at Kyungsoo. “What was the last thing you guys talked about?”

 

Kyungsoo ponders the question. “Last night, we were talking about centerpieces – or rather I was. He just sat there and nodded along to everything I said.”

 

Baekhyun snaps his fingers. “And I rest my case.”

 

Yixing raises an eyebrow. “What case?”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at Yixing. “That Jongin is one of those guys.”

 

“Those guys?”

 

Baekhyun nods. “Those guys. The guys that don't care about centerpieces or flower arrangements. The guys that can't tell the difference between lilac and lavender –”

 

Yixing tilts his head. “There's a difference?”

 

Baekhyun looks at Yixing like he couldn't understand why Yixing got invited to have coffee with them. “Yes, Yixing, there's a difference,” he says slowly.

 

Yixing shrugs. “Guess I'm one of those guys.”

 

“Right,” Baekhyun says immediately before turning his attention back to Kyungsoo. “Do you get it now?”

 

“I guess....But it would still be nice if he made an effort to –”

 

“If you want to know what he actually thinks, why don't you look around?”

 

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows. “Huh?”

 

Baekhyun sighs. “I think you're forgetting that someone at this table is married to Jongin's best friend.”

 

Luhan blinks and points at himself. “Me?”

 

“Are you married to Oh Sehun?” Baekhyun asks, voice sickeningly sweet.

 

Luhan nods.

 

“Then yes, honey, you.”

 

“But what does Luhan being married to Sehun have to do with my problem with Jongin?” Kyungsoo asks, unable to grasp the situation.

 

“Simple. Use Luhan to get to Sehun to get to Jongin.” Baekhyun's eyes dart around the table. “What part of that is confusing?”

 

Yixing chuckles. “You're really a character.”

 

Baekhyun looks at Yixing like he couldn't decide whether Yixing's comment was a compliment or an insult.

 

“You think I should ask Sehun about Jongin?” Luhan asks, sounding unsure.

 

Turning his attention away from Yixing, Baekhyun shakes his head. “Don't make it so obvious. Casually ask him what Jongin thinks about the whole wedding. Slip it in during dinner or during , whichever.”

 

Luhan's cheeks redden. The idea of asking Sehun about his best friend while they're intimate makes him question his friendship with Baekhyun.

 

“I'll ask during dinner,” he mumbles, avoiding eye contact with Baekhyun, who's grinning mischievously.

 

“Is that really going to work?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

Baekhyun nods proudly. “Yes, you'll know what he really thinks because he'll definitely be honest with Sehun. And Sehun won't be able to lie to Luhan. You'll get your answer as to why he's being such a useless fiancé. Problem solved.”

 

“He's not a useless fiancé,” Kyungsoo argues, but Baekhyun pretends not to hear him.

 

“Now, is there anything else? Since I'm on a roll, I'll answer your questions about your partners,” Baekhyun announces, his eyes trained on Yixing.

 

“What?” Yixing asks, shifting uneasily in his seat. Luhan thinks he has a good reason to be uneasy.

 

“How's Suho?” Baekhyun asks, voice seemingly nonchalant.

 

“Fine...” Yixing shoots Luhan a glance, silently asking him what was going on. Luhan shrugs, having no clue himself.

 

Baekhyun picks up his cup and takes a leisurely sip. “Is that it? Just fine?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Baekhyun clucks his tongue. “I knew he wasn't adventurous in bed. He looks vanilla. Poor you.”

 

“W-What?” Yixing stutters, eyes wide.

 

“Listen, I'm sure this is not something you want to discuss over coffee –”

 

“It's not something to discuss period,” Kyungsoo says under his breath. Luhan nods in agreement.

 

“But,” Baekhyun continues, ignoring Kyungsoo's side comment. “You could help him out. Encourage him every now and then. Give him ideas without him knowing. Tell him straight up what you want if he still doesn't get the hints.”

 

“Uhh. Thanks, but no thanks.”

 

“What?”

 

“I'm good. Suho and I are happy in the bedroom,” Yixing answers with a shy smile.

 

“But you said he was fine. Just fine.”

 

“Yeah, I thought you were talking about his current condition. His health – like how he's doing.”

 

“Why would I ask you about that?” Baekhyun asks, face confused.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter