The 'First Date'

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A silly smile planted itself on Baekhyun's face as he stared up at the ceiling of his bedroom. He had just come home from meeting up with Yiru, and he was quite happy. Who knew that seeing his mate could make him into such a lovesick puppy. Baekhyun wasn't usually like this; it's just that the effect of the mating phase was getting to him, but it wasn't like he was complaining. 

Our hearts will tell us when we can meet and where we will meet. Trust me.

Yiru's words replayed in Baekhyun's head over and over again. Even though they just saw each other less than an hour ago, he was eager to see her again. His heart was beating fast and his body felt jittery and unsettled. 

Baekhyun's eyebrows suddenly furrowed, and a frown replaced the smile on his face. "Is it just me who is like this? Am I being overly obsessive?" he wondered aloud. He placed a hand over his racing heart and patted his chest several times. "Stop beating so fast. She's just our mate." Our forbidden mate.

He closed his eyes and tried to get as much as he could. It was impossible though; he was just too worked up about this mate thing. 

 

The next morning, Baekhyun got out of bed and went downstairs into the dining room with groggy movements. He plopped himself down onto the chair in between Chanyeol and DO. 

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Yejin greeted him as she came in with two plates of food in her hands. Suho stood up to help his mate, and they approached the table together. "You're usually the first one up. Bad night?" she asked Baekhyun.

"No. I just...couldn't sleep," Baekhyun muttered in response.

The rest of the Exo-K wolves sat around the table, eating and talking rowdily amongst themselves. Baekhyun, however, sat silently as he chewed his food slowly and thoughtlessly. A piece of bread was thrown at his face by Sehun, but he didn't even budge. His friends stared at him in both confusion and amusement.

"Baekhyun, is there something wrong?" Suho asked, taking the initiative to break Baekhyun's daze.

Baekhyun straightened up in surprise. "Hm? Oh, um, no. Everything is fine. I'm just tired."

"Maybe you'd be less tired if you wouldn't keep sneaking out at night," Chanyeol said with a snicker. 

The others fixated their gaze to Chanyeol now. "What do you mean?" Yejin questioned.

Chanyeol leaned back in his chair and eyed Baekhyun from the corner of his eyes. "Someone has been sneaking out of his window in the middle of the night for the past few days."

The guilty wolf cleared his throat and shoveled down a spoonful of his food to ignore the situation, but the others continued to stare at him. "W-What are you looking at? You all are making me very uncomfortable."

"Baekhyun, is what Chanyeol said true?" Suho asked.

Baekhyun blinked a couple of times before spouting out, "So what if it is true? It's not like I'm doing anything wrong. I just like going out for a run before going to bed."

"And the thought of going out through the front door like any normal being never occurred to you?" Sehun smirked. "Sneaking out through your window makes you very suspicious."

"I just don't want to disturb any of you while you sleep."

"Or you don't want to get caught," Chanyeol accused. "Are you lying to us, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun scoffed and shook his head in disbelief. "Some friends you are. Of course I'm not lying! What's so wrong about going out by myself at night?!" With that, he stood up and stomped up to his room.

"Touchy," Sehun drawled. 

Yejin smacked Chanyeol, Sehun, and lastly, Suho's heads. The three groaned in pain as they rubbed their heads. 

"Why did I get smacked?" Suho asked with a pout. 

"Because you're my mate. As for the two of you, couldn't you have just left the poor guy alone? We all know he is going through a sensitive phase,"Yejin scolded.

Kai's eyes widened. "You don't think... he's meeting his mate secretly?" he guessed. 

Hushed gasps and cries of surprise fill the dining room. They all scoot closed together and talk in whispered voices.

"That could be a possible explanation as to why he is acting so weirdly," DO finally spoke up. "But why would he keep his mate a secret? It's not something a wolf should be ashamed of." The others nodded in agreement. 

Yejin slammed her hands on the table. "Okay, why don't we just let Baekhyun do whatever he wants? If he really is keeping his mate a secret from us, then let him. He'll come around sooner or later. Let's just wait it out." 

 

Baekhyun closed his door quietly and sighed in relief. "Thank you, Yejin," he murmured. He had been eavesdropping on his pack members as they talked about him secretly. 

He then went over to his desk and took out a piece of paper. He wrote a message on it before puting it in an envelope. Without a word to his pack, he walked out of the cabin and started to run into the forest. Once he reached the border in a matter of minutes,  Baekhyun pulled his hood over his head before jumping over the river to the Tenebris territory. He ran through the wooded area until he reached the outskirts of the territory's capital. 

The weather was quite dark and gloomy as the sun was hidden behind the light gray clouds. This helped Baekhyun go unnoticed in the shadows of the alleys between the buildings. He could not get caught by a Tenebris wolf; getting caught would mean imprisonment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter