Giving In

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun ran through the forest in the Cinereo territory. He was headed to the border. The urge to go there was very strong due to his mating instincts, which were causing him to do things he did not want to do. Well, he couldn't really say that as he had a small desire to see his mate. 

He almost fell into the river due to his unearthly speed, but he caught himself by grabbing the trunk of a tree. Despite the long run, he was not the least bit tired as the adrenaline inside of him kept him energized. Don't get him wrong, he loved the newfound energy his mating phase gave him, but sometimes it was too much. Running to the border several times a day was exhausting for his mind but not for his body. This annoyed him to no end. 

Just then, the familiar, sweet scent of lavender filled his nostrils. It was faint, but Baekhyun could smell it coming nearer. He hid in the shadows of the trees and waited for the figure to emerge from the trees on the other side of the river. 

"I know you're there. Come out," he heard someone say. "Please. I need to see you."

Baekhyun smirked to himself. She needed to see him? Well, he wasn't going to go against her pleas as he also wanted to see her. He emerged from the trees and said with a mocking tone, "I knew you couldn't fight it." He noticed Yiru's shoulders relax once she saw him. "Did you miss me that much already? It's only been a day." Baekhyun came nearer to the river's edge.

Yiru followed his actions and stationed herself right on the edge of the river. "Shut up. You know that it is impossible for us to part for a long time."

A chuckle escaped Baekhyun's lips. "But you were the one who suggested for us to never see each other again."

Yiru sighed and sat herself down on the ground. "I know that, and I was foolish enough to say it. At that time, I thought I would be strong enough to resist you." She gazed down at the river's rushing waters. "As you can see, I am just as weak as you," she muttered.

A smile formed on Baekhyun's face, but it quickly turned into a frown as her last words sunk into his head. "Weak as me? What's that suppose to mean?"

"Well, I knocked you out in a fight. You were too scared to hit me and make the first move of offense, therefore you are deemed weaker than me."

Baekhyun looked at her in bewilderment. He scoffed and defensively shot back,"I was not too scared to hit you. Heck, I could have knocked you out in one punch."

"But you didn't," Yiru pointed out to state the obvious.

"Let me finish," Baekhyun uttered in annoyance. The nerve of this wolf was getting to him. "I was just shocked. At that moment, I knew you were my mate, so I couldn't hit you."

"I also knew you were my mate, but that didn't stop me from knocking you out cold."

The male wolf was ready to tackle her to the ground, but he held himself back because he knew the skinship would lead him to things he was forbidden to do. 

"I'm sorry."

Surprised, Baekhyun looked at her with wide eyes. "For what?"

Yiru stood up from her sitting position and dusted her pants off. "My words were harsh. I didn't mean to offend you. I just didn't know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter