Rising Temptation

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blue eyes shined in the darkness between the trees. Yiru stood in front of the trees staring deeply at the pair of illuminating eyes; her eyes glowed just as intensely but in a deep shade of red. 

The figure slowly made his way toward her from his hiding spot. The female wolf, however, stood her ground and focused her eyes on his every movement. In just a few seconds, he came face to face with Yiru with only a few inches separating them. His hands crept up to her cheeks and cradled her face, causing the red-eyed girl to tense her shoulders. A frown graced his face at her reaction, and he retracted his hands and started to walk back into the forest.

"No wait! Wait! Wait!" Yiru called out with her arm outstretched in his direction. "Baekhy-"

 

"Yiru!" Kris exclaimed. 

Yiru fluttered her eyes open and found Kris sitting beside her and holding her outstretched hand. "What are you doing?" she asked in a hushed tone, while pulling her hand back from his grasp.

"I heard you screaming for someone to 'wait,' so I went inside your room to see what was going on," the Exo-M leader explained. "I guess I just overreacted. Was it another vision?"

"No. It was nothing. Just a weird dream. I don't think it meant anything important," Yiru rambled. She sat up so that she could be leveled with Kris and brushed her hand through her black locks. 

Kris stared at her with his intense gaze. He did not believe a word she said as he knew most of her dreams were visions of important events, but he didn't want to push her to say anything. 

An awkward silence filled the room as the two sat on Yiru's bed. 

"So, um, would you like to come with me to town later today?" Kris asked to break the silence.

Yiru looked up at him in surprise. Today? She looked at her clock and read the time: 4:12 AM. Her head turned back to him, and she replied, "Oh sure. I'd love to accompany you, Kris. And sorry for waking you up so early in the morning." She gave him an apologetic smile.

The male wolf shook his head and waved her apology off. "Oh no it's alright. I had to wake up at five anyways. What's one less hour of sleep going to do to me, right?"

Yiru smiled up at him and watched him stand from her bed. He bade her goodbye before exiting the bedroom. Once he was gone, Yiru laid back down on her bed and sighed. She stared up at her ceiling. The light from the pale gray sky outside was already starting to wash the darkness away from her room causing her to furrow her eyebrows in frustration; she wanted that extra hour of sleep, but it was taken away by some Cinereo wolf that shall go unnamed.

With a confused look on her face, Yiru reflected on the dream she had. Why was she dreaming about that wolf, her so-called mate? She knew the dream was about him. The blue-ness of his eyes was so deep. It was as if he had sapphire gems for eyes. No other blue-eyed wolf's eyes could compare to Baekhyun's. They were unique and very tempting to look at. Just by thinking about his eyes, Yiru's own eyes began to turn red out of temptation - the temptation to be close to Baekhyun. 

 

After lying in bed for another half hour, Yiru finally got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up. She changed then went downstairs to meet Kris by the door. "Ready?" he asked while looking at her as she walked up to him. Yiru nodded and followed him out of the cabin.

They started to walk away from their cabin then sped up their pace after a few strides. Soon enough the two wolves were sprinting through the trees. It wouldn't be long until they reached the outskirts of the forest.

Yiru was lost in through as she ran past the trees. Her surroundings were a blur and every noise went unheard by the female wolf. Suddenly, the faint calling of her name broke her daze, but she didn't slow down and kept running to wherever she was headed. Kris struggled to catch up to her, so he sped up even more until he could grab her arm and pull her back. The strength from his grasp caused Yiru to stumble backwards into his arms and onto his chest. She looked up at him with stunned eyes; he, too, looked down at her with a deep, confused gaze.

"What are you doing?" Yiru asked him as she breathed heavily. She could feel his chest moving up and down and his heart beating fast against her body. 

"I should be asking you that question. You're headed toward the border."

The female wolf furrowed her eyebrows in bewilderment. "What?"

Kris looked up to signify her to do the same. It was true: they were near the border. The sound of rushing water from the river could be heard from their location in the forest. 

Yiru straightened herself and gently pushed herself off of Kris, replacing her weight with the lingering feeling of emptiness in his arms. She cleared and quickly made up a lie, "Oh yeah, I think I dropped something near the border when we fought with those Cinereo wolves."

Kris nodded understandingly then started to walk toward the direction of the border. "Well come on then. Let's find whatever you dropped." With that being said, Yiru followed right behind him. 

The two reached the border and greeted the guards on duty. Kris then turned to Yiru and questioned, "What exactly are we looking for?"

The straight face Yiru had changed to a surprised expression; she was not expecting such a sudden question. However, the surprise look on her face vanished within a few seconds, and Yiru quickly answered him, "I'm looking for my ring. You know, the one that Lay gave me for my birthday two years ago." Yiru noticed the ring on her finger, so she secretly slid the ring off her finger and put it in her pocket. "You look on the far side, and I will look here, okay?" 

Kris gave her a curt nod and a thumbs up then headed to where she told him to search for the ring. Once he was gone, Yiru relaxed her shoulders, which she didn't realize were so tense until now. She looked up to gaze at the area across the river - the Cinereo clan's land. A small bit of hope to see Baekhyun was inside her despite the fact that she knew that it was impossible to see him they agreed to never come f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter