Escape

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yiru was lying on her bed while looking up at her ceiling. Her eyebrows furrowed as she though about what happened her and Baekhyun earlier in the day. Am I doing the right thing? I should help them escape tonight, right? She closed her eyes, but she wasn't going to sleep; she was just waiting for the Exo-M wolves to sleep, so that she could sneak out. 

After two more hours of waiting, the female wolf quietly pushed herself off the bed and tiptoed to her window. With a small click the window opened, and Yiru hopped onto the windowsill before jumping out and landing gracefully on her two feet. She started running toward the direction of the city through the dense forest. Even though it was dark, Yiru could navigate herself through the trees without bumping into any of them. She knew landscape of the forest better than anyone. 

She made it to the city in no time. There were people still walking along the streets, so Yiru slowed down her pace to blend in with the crowd. She put her hood on to hide her face; the last thing she needed was a wolf reporting her to Kris or her brother. 

The Tenebris prison came into her view. Yiru waited until all the passersby were gone before crossing the street to the dark building. She looked left and right for any wolves before slipping into the shadow of the alley between the prison and its neighboring building. A small window on the side of the prison glowed in the darkness of the alley. Yiru peeked through and saw that the guard inside was sleeping while the other was just starting to doze off. 

Stupid guards, Yiru thought with a smirk. She waited until the second guard was asleep before gently pressing on the window. Much to her luck, the window was unlocked. She jumped onto the windowsill then quietly hopped off of it and moved across the room to the control panels. Yiru turned off the security cameras before running outside of the room to the cells. The only cells occupied in that hall were those of the Exo-K wolves. She advanced toward Baekhyun's cell and tapped on the glass separating them. 

Baekhyun looked up in surprise at the tapping sound and found a hooded figure in front of him. So she really came? He thought. The door suddenly unlocked and opened. Baekhyun stood up and just stared at Yiru blankly."Hurry up!" Yiru hissed, causing the male wolf to jolt out of his blank state. Following her command, he quickly ran out of the cell. 

"The code is 1028," she told Baekhyun in a whispered voice. He nodded and started to open up his friends' cells with Yiru. All of the other Exo-K wolves were asleep, so the pair had to shake them to wake them up - or in Yiru's case, she kicked them awake. Some of tired wolves groaned, while others were already wide awake after seeing the opened door. 

After the six Exo-K wolves were out of their cells, Yiru signaled them to follow her through the back door. The slyly made their way around the prison until they saw the exit. Yiru opened the door for them and started pointing out the door, indicating that they should leave. The Cinereo wolves nodded and filed out of the door. Baekhyun was the last one to go, but before he went out the door, he turned to Yiru and smiled at her. "Thank you," he whispered in her ear.

His breath tickled her skin hidden behind the fabric of her hood. She was about to say something, but he was already gone in the darkness of the night. Her shoulders relaxed for a moment, but then she went on alert mode again. She locked the door then started to put everything back in place. She closed the cells up and wiped the number panels to get rid of her and Baekhyun's fingerprints. Then she went to the control room and turned the security cameras back on before coming out the way she came in. 

Yiru ran across the streets and made her way to the forest. There, she slowed her pace down and started to wander aimlessly until she arrived at the foot of the mountains. Yi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter