Mateless

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since Yiru and Baekhyun saw each other. Throughout the whole week, Yiru had been doing her duties as the Tenebris alpha female diligently to keep her mind off of Baekhyun. She had been quiet during the days as well. It was difficult for the Exo-M wolves to interact with her comfortably without asking if she was feeling alright. Yiru was grateful for their concern, but she wanted to punch them every time they asked her how she was doing. She just needed time to go back to her normal routine before Baekhyun came along. She did not need her whole pack to be worrying about her so much. Her brother was enough for her. Lay was especially worried about her because he knew why she was acting the way she was, so he took every opportunity he got to try to comfort Yiru even when she didn't really need it. 

Yiru was walking back to the Exo-M cabin from the Tenebris training center. She had been practicing her combat skills all day, and her body was sore all over the place. 

Depsite the slightly heavy rain falling down on her, Yiru strolled through the woods at a slow pace, enjoying the feeling of rain beating down on her. She stopped in the middle of a clearing and looked up at the light gray sky. Drops of rain hit her face, and she closed her eyes and sighed in content. This was the most relaxed she felt all week. It was as if she was in her own world where no one could bother her.

"Yiru!" a voice screamed out, disturbing her peace.

Yiru's eyes snapped open in response. She pursed her lips, upset at the fact that her relaxation under the rain had been cut short. 

Turning around, Yiru looked up to find the owner of the voice walking towards her. 

"Kris," she simply called out. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that." Kris stopped in front of her. He too was soaked with rain. 

"I was walking home from training."

"And I was coming to get you. Luckily we crossed paths," Kris said. He slipped his jacket off and placed it over Yiru's shoulders. "Let's get home before we catch a cold." Yiru nodded and followed Kris home. She was glad he didn't question her about why she was standing under the rain for so long. 

When they got to the cabin, Lay came out with towels. He threw one at Kris and wrapped the other around Yiru. "Look at you. You're all wet. Hurry up and change," Lay nagged. With a slight push from Lay, Yiru went inside the cabin and walked to her room. 

Once Yiru was gone, Lay turned to Kris and asked, "Where did you find her?" 

"In the middle of the woods," Kris replied while drying his hair with the towel. "She was just standing out there in the middle of a clearing." He wrapped the towel around his neck and f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter