Bitterness

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun trudged across the forest with heavy steps. He was infuriated. He felt so much hate for her at that moment. However, he was disappointed more than he was aggravated.  The thought of Yiru cutting ties with him just made him feel heartbroken. She brought his hopes up, but she shattered them as well. All the hopes and dreams he had of having some twisted happily ever after with her went down the drain. 

He slowed his pace until he stood in front of a tree. His breath was erratic and his heart was beating wildly in his chest. Baekhyun needed to let the negative feelings inside him out; he needed to hit something. His eyes flitted around then finally fixed on the tree in front of him. In one swift motion, his fist made contact with the trunk of the tree. Pieces of tree bark flew in different directions. Baekhyun kept his fist against the tree for a few more seconds then dropped his hand to his side. He kept his gaze on the dent he made on the trunk.

Blood trickled down his knuckles, and there was pain shooting down his arm, but Baekhyun didn't mind it. He was more focused on the pain in his tightening chest. 

Baekhyun suddenly felt a surge of tiredness rush through him. His legs gave in and he fell onto his knees.

After a few breaths, he started laughing at himself all of a sudden.  

I must look like a fool right now. He thought. Get up. Get up. Don't waste your time and thoughts on someone who doesn't want you anymore. 

Slowly, Baekhyun rose to his feet. He turned his head and gazed at the forest behind him with sullen eyes. About a mile away was the place he and Yiru always met up. It was their place, but now it meant nothing to him. He had no reason to go back there anymore. 

He faced forward again. There was no turning back now. He could never go back to Yiru, and he never would. It would hurt him too much. All the happy memories with her vanished the moment he he left her. Only the pain she made him feel remained. 

 

It was almost sundown when Yiru returned to the Exo-M cabin. She had been out in the forest the whole day, contemplating on her actions and drowning in her misery. 

When she was a few feet away from the the cabin, she looked up and noticed all of the Exo-M wolves were on the porch. Lay was the first to notice her. He straightened his back and pushed himself off of the wall. He walked toward the steps of the porch to greet Yiru. "Where have you been?!" he exclaimed as he took hold of her shoulders and shook her. Then he pulled her into a hug and whispered into her hair, "I've been worried sick about you."

Yiru stayed frozen in Lay's arms. Her eyes were cold and distant, her face expressionless. She let Lay hug her for a minute before gently pushing him away. His embrace made her want to cry. She didn't want her brother's arms around her, she wanted Baekhyun's. 

Before her tears could fall, Yiru pushed past Lay and entered the cabin without even acknowledging the other wolves. She ran to her room and slammed the door shut. Yiru put her back against the door and slid down to the floor. A ragged sigh escaped her lips as she tried her best to blink back her tears, but one betrayed her and cascaded down her cheek. She wiped it away with the back of her hand and shook her head. 

"Don't cry, Yiru. Don't," she whispered to herself. "You brought this upon yourself."

She hit the back of her head against the wall a few times. She was feeling remorseful and a little regretful. After all, she had lost her mate, and it was all her fault. Baekhyun was right, she was scared. She was a coward. The consequences of being with Baekhyun frightened her. It seemed selfish of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter