Dream

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay left Yiru's room after she told him she wanted to rest. He went downstairs and started walking mindlessly in the direction of Kris's study. When he was in front the the study's door, he placed his hand on the door knob. His hand froze. In his head, he contemplated on whether or not he should tell Kris about Yiru's secret.

"I have to tell him," Lay whispered to himself. He opened the door and walked into Kris's study. 

Kris looked up in surprise. "That was quick. What did Yiru say?"

Lay opened his mouth to speak then closed it again. He saw Kris's hope-filled gaze and it just killed him to know that he would break his leader's heart if he told him that Yiru found her mate already. He couldn't break Kris's heart. And so, he lied. "Uh, I actually haven't talked to her."

Kris pursed his lips and looked back down at his work.

"But I will soon!" Lay quickly added. "I just have to talk to you about the debriefing session with the new doctors at the hospital. When is it again?"

Kris didn't look up at Lay and muttered loud enough for Lay to hear in an annoyed voice, "I don't know. Just go visit the hospital to meet with the head doctors and ask them."

Lay picked up on the annoyance in Kris's voice and nodded. "Right. I'll do just that then. Well, I'll leave you to your work." With that, he left the room and closed the door behind him. 

In the hall, Lay leaned against the wall and sighed. He was lost. He didn't know what to do or where to even start with his mission to protect his sister. 

 

Yiru was asleep in her room. The talk she had with Lay not only thirty minutes ago had exhausted her. The stress from it was just too much to handle at the moment. 

An hour into her sleep, Yiru started panting hard, and her eyebrows furrowed. She was dreaming.

"Kill them both!" a voice exclaimed. "Now!"

"No! Please! No!" she screamed. Desperate sobs escaped her lips and echoed in the dark room. 

The glint of a silver dagger illuminated in the dimly lit room. A shrill scream resounded in the room as the silver dagger neared Baekhyun's body. He was in his wolf form. The silvery color of his fur was almost as bright as the dagger. 

A whimper escaped his lips once the dagger stabbed hin in the heart. She let out another scream that mixed with her loud sobbing. Her eyes started to turn a deep shade of red, indicating that she was starting to transform into a wolf. Two other wolves in their human forms held her back and restrained her from attacking Baekhyun's killer.

The wolf with the dagger in his hand advanced toward her. He raised the dagger in the air and brought it down to her chest - right where her heart was.

Yiru shot up into a sitting position with her eyes wide open. She looked down at her chest. There wasn't a bloody slit where the dagger had entered her in her dream. She felt her hands cramp up and loosened them; they had been clenching the bed sheet underneath her. Yiru sighed as she lifted her hand to wipe the sweat that had formed on her forehead. 

She got out of bed and went to her window. Outside, she saw the gray clouds and no sign of the sun. It must have started raining while she was asleep as she could hear the soft pitter patter of the rain against

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter