Suspicion

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yiru leaned her cheek against her hand as she spun her spoon in slow circles in her bowl of oatmeal. She was in a dazed state as she thought about her night with Baekhyun. A date? That's for cheesy romantic people. She sighed at the thought of Baekhyun's words that caused her heart to stir and pound widely in her chest. What was Baekhyun doing to her... Again she sighed. 

The Exo-M wolves stopped chewing or shoveling oatmeal into their mouths when they heard Yiru sigh for the millionth time during breakfast. 

"Yiru," Tao called out, snapping the female wolf out of her daydreaming, "why do you keep sighing?"

She blinked at him in surprise. "Was I sighing?" The others all nodded at her. "Oh, I didn't notice. Sorry. I'll stop."

"What's on your mind that's causing you to sigh so much, Yiru?" Lay asked his sister. 

"Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm fine," she mumbled in reply. Yiru shoved a spoonful of (now cold) oatmeal into in hopes that they would drop the conversation once she started eating. Unfortunately, they did not stop pestering her about what her problem was.

"Is it because of your mate?" Chen questioned with a cheeky grin. His slitted eyes traveled slowly from Yiru to Kris then back to Yiru. Kris noticed Chen's teasing gaze and gave him a glare to shut him up. However, Chen ignored his leader and waited for Yiru's answer with a smile still on his face. 

Yiru pursed her lips and looked down at her bowl, attempting to avoid eye contact with her pack members. After a few seconds, she finally murmured, "I guess you could say that."

"What!? Did you find him already?!" Tao exclaimed. 

"No!" Yiru shouted back a little too quicky. She regained her composure and said a little more gently but sternly, "I mean no. I am in my mating phase, but I still haven't found him."

Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar

That one word hit Yiru like a baseball bat to her head as she spouted lies to her pack members - her family. But lying to them was the only way to protect herself and Baekhyun - yes, she was willing to admit at she did want to save his live, as if it weren't obvious enough. Yiru thought back to the time she helped him break out of prison and her motive behind her actions. Was it really for the sake of them never crossing paths again or to save his life? She didn't know anymore. 

"You think you'll find him soon?" Lay asked.

Yiru only shrugged.

"He could be in this room with you, you know," Luhan pointed out. Though his comment was mostly addressing Kris, who was looking at his empty bowl and trying to look disinterested in the conversation.

Yiru only nodded slowly in response to Luhan's words. She couldn't really think of mating with any of her pack members, even before she found out who her real mate was. It was a queer thought because she saw all of Exo-M as brothers and nothing more. 

"That seems kind of gross though, doesn't it?" Tao commented, totally forgetting about Kris's feelings for Yiru. "It would be like because it's like we're all siblings."  

At their youngest's words, Kris's expression turned sour. He felt like punching Tao's mouth off from his face, which probably wasn't really possible. 

"I agree with you, Tao, it is pretty gross," Chen said, knowing that he was only ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter