moving on?

Take a deeper look at me, cinder-Jay

 

 

It was 4 in the morning when you heard a soft sobbing from the room next to you. bracing yourself, you decided to pay a little visit. The door slowly opened, revealing a guy crying his heart out with his body leaning on the side of the bed. His hands covered his face but his shaking shoulders are clearly an evident of him crying.

You can feel your stomach twisted as you approach him as careful as possible. Gently, you placed your hand on his shoulder and kneeled down in front of him.

"My mom always said a company is the best medicine in times like this." you smiled when he looked at you.

You decided to sit next to him, letting yourself leaning on the side of the bed.

"Unrequited love is an excruciating pain in the heart. But when you've decided not to be a coward and do something about it, in the end those pain will not bring tears anymore. My brother always said that, by the way. He's an expert when it comes to this kind of things...." you continued, not caring the confused look on his face.

"You don't understand." he whispered and you weakly laughed.

"I know how it feels... The pain of seeing the person you love set his eyes on other girl... The stabbing pain when i saw his eyes brighten at the mention of her names... i  know that feeling very well..." You said.

Jay looked at you, waiting for you to continue.

"The difference between you and me, is that i decided to do something about it. It takes a lot of time for me to finally made this decision, you know... 3 years? 2? i've lost track of time in loving him... But i've decided to do something about it..." you said again.

"and what is it you're gonna do?"

"I'm gonna move on. Put everything behind and move on. I'll leave him if i think it's too hard for me ... But i know, someone is there for me..." you smiled at him before you stand up.

"Think about it. I've thought about it for few months, for years to finally come up with this conclusion. Don't waste years broken hearted oppa... good night" you said and left.

***

"what are you doing in his room?" Jonghyun sleepily asked as he walked back to his room, holding a glass of water.

"I told him what i should've done years ago." you said.

"and what is that?" he come closer to you, noticing your eyes glisten.

"I'm going to move on. I'm going to forget him and go look for a better guy." you smiled.

His lips slowly curved into a thin smile as he put the glass on the small table and pulled you into his hug.

"Good for you." he whispered.

"i know" you replied, wrapping your arms around his waist.

Both of you stayed that way for few minutes, enjoying the warmth of each other's hug before you pulled away and went back to your room to sleep.

***

2011/06/27 Monday

BY Seoulchae