Tension

EXO SERIES: I'm Byun Baekhyun's Traitor [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [A/N:Long chapter ahead to compensate for my absence. Enjoy.]

>>>SEUL MIN'S POV<<<

I checked my wrist watch. 10: 36 pm. For Pete's sake, when will this graveyeard shift at the Coffee Club end? I cannot wait to reunite with my bed and make love to it because well, nobody loves me as much as my couch does. Pardon me, but in case you don't know, I haven't move on from The Byun Baekhyun.

I failed to confess to him, about three weeks ago, partly because I was a clumsy piece of crap. My words took over my guts, and I ended up pretending that I was still harboring feelings for Jaehyung. I just can't with my stupidity. How can someone be so stupid, ungifted, plain and clumsy at the same time?

And speaking of Jaehyung, that nut has been messaging me again on Line. He was begging me to take him back, and I haven't replied to his texts.

I have a high sense of obligation, but not with Jaehyung. I mean, who would want to take back someone who juggles girls and cancels dates to go out with another?

"You're quite a boring soul, that's why." I heard my inner voice say. Enough. Self pity, begone.

Back to reality. I had coffee to brew.

I exited the counter and faced the coffee makers to brew the leftover coffee from minutes ago. 

"Hi." Someone mumbled over the counter.

That voice had my insides heating. How can one hi be so easy on the ears? How can one greeting heighten my estrogen level? Of course, it had to be Baekhyun.

I managed to fix my bangs before I turned to face him. Heavy breathing.

He reeked of alcohol, but I wish somebody could stop me from staring at his messy, dirty ash blonde hair and expressive eyes?

"Graveyard shift, eh?" Baekhyun questioned and playfully fumbled with the menu pasted on the counter. Gosh, he has beautiful fingers.

"Graveyard shift it is. You smell like lung cancer." I remarked and earned a throaty laugh from Baekhyun. Darn, that smile.

"Oh so you have smelled lung cancer?" was his very sarcastic reply. I gave him a "yeah-right" face and ignored his comment.

"What brings you here? Are you stalking me?" I nonchantly asked, but I felt like an idiot for pretending to act cool when in fact, I wanted the whole earth to swallow me alive.

Baekhyun gave me one of his signature, devilsh smirks and raked a few strands of his hair before answering me cooly.

"And what if I told you that I came here for you?" Baekhyun worded, and without any warning, he lurched towards me and inched his face so close to mine; I felt his lower lip breeze against my cheeks. 

My body just shivered. Instinctively, I swallowed to regain my composure. 

"Not sure if you're high, drunk or crazy. Actually, no. You're high, drunk and crazy wrapped into one." I told him.

"Sorry to break it to you, but I think I'm sober. I don't do drugs, and I didn't go to Coffee Club to see you. I'm in here for coffee." Baekhyun confidently snapped back.

Just then, Baekhyun deliberately leaned on the shelf beside him. He held the side of his head and closed his eyes. My instant reaction was to get out of the counter and rush to his side. Filling a paper cup with potable water, I asked him what was wrong.

"I'm feeling sick. It must be the alcohol." was his answer. 

Fortunately, there were no customers around, so no fan was attacking Baekhyun for a selfie. Glancing at Baekhyun's eyes, I confirmed that he was not feeling well.

"I thought you were a drinker. Such a weakling, Baek." I teased and made him drink the water I got for him. Baekhyun dismissed my comment by flicking my forehead with his thumb and forefinger. 

I ushered Baekhyun to a seat behind the cafe and examined his condition. Shyly, I touched his cheek. What the hell was I doing? Acting on my feelings? Girl where's your self respect.

"Dafuq are you doing?" Baekhyun arrogantly questioned me and my actions. Abruptly, I removed my hand from his soft cheek. I must have blushed 50 shades of red in total humiliation. Who was I to touch Baekhyun's cheek?

"Oh I'm so sorry dude. I just hate the feeling of post-drinking headache." I admitted. But I also hate seeing you like this

All of a sudden, Baekhyun lightly grasped my palm and placed it on his left cheek. His eyes automatically closed calmly, and I felt a strong surge of hormones bolting inside me. 

"Whatever it is you're doing to me, continue." Baekhyun requested and he held my hand tightly against his cheek and brushed his lips against it. 

Can we ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter