Brothers

Roll Like A Wolf

The sound of howls woke them up.

The cries of the pack filled the air, the vibrations ringing in their ears.

The black cub huddled closer towards his ‘brother’

Their bodies shaking and cowering against each other in the shadow of the night.

The growls and snarls continued to fuel their fear.

 

“What are you still doing here!? I thought I told you two to run!”

 

They looked up at him with confusion but his tone of desperation and urgency made them find their feet.

 

They ran.

 

The forest lashed at them with their arms, painted with blood. Their padded feet scurried across the forest floor, trampling on dead leaves.

 

Tao opened his eyes to the sweet smell of a fresh kill. His eyes flickered towards the movement of the pup beside him. A rush of relief running through him as he realised that it was Sehun and he was finally back home. Tao felt whole again, his brother was back. He stared at Sehun for a while before finally deciding to wake him up.

 

He encouraging at Sehun’s face, trying to lure the younger one away from his sleepy trance. At first the latter shook off Tao’s advances, annoyed. He was only able to open his eyes after a good five minutes in a daze. His eyes brightened immediately as he tackled the older one.

 

Sehun attacked at Tao’s face for a full minute, only stopping between to check that he was ok. Tao just lay there, basking in the attention until Sehun stopped. No words where exchanged between them but their eyes said everything they needed to tell each other.

 

The sound of soft footsteps broke their silence.

 

“You’re up”

 

Tao was met with a tall, golden wolf with silver streak on the tip of one ear. His radiant caramel eyes shined through the dull background of the cave. Tao shrunk a little from the memory of hostility from the pack and the unfamiliar figure. On the other hand Sehun greeted Kris as if they were friends, bounding up to him and giving him a quick submissive bow before him on the cheek. He turned around and beckoned for Tao to join them. He was hesitant but trusted Sehun’s judgement. Walking forward slowly, he dipped his head towards the male, earning a quick approval from the latter.

 

Tao eyed Sehun, unsure of what to do next.

 

Kris cleared his throat, getting their attention.

“You can eat in here by yourselves or you can come out and join us if you’d like” he offered.


“Yes please!” Sehun replied happily, practically running off to join Kai, leaving Tao behind in an awkward atmosphere with Kris.

 

“You coming as well?” Kris asked gently, trying not to frighten him

Tao looked over Kris’ shoulder towards Sehun, nodding he followed Kris’ lead out into the dim light.

 

Tao was quick to join Sehun, Kai and Lay, being the familiar and friendly faces of the pack.

 

“How are you feeling?” Lay asked, worried

“I’m ok. I’ll live” Tao replied jokingly

Lay sighed, “Next time don’t go running off again or I’ll drag you back here myself,” he scolded.

“Sorry” Tao said apologetically, shuffling his feet

“I’m joking, you don’t have to be so serious” He chuckled, nudging Tao on his shoulder. He continued to exchange words with Lay, whilst watching Sehun happily converse with another male.

 

He snuck a few glances at Chen and Suho but his eyes kept wandering to Kris. Something about him was vaguely familiar.

 

He looked again. This time Kris was staring straight at him. Embarrassed he quickly tilted his head back towards Lay, who was still describing Sunday routines.

 

 

“Tao!”

 

Tao turned to see Sehun happily skipping with a silver grey wolf in tow.

 

“This is Kai,” he announced happily.

 

If he had eyebrows, Tao would be raising his now. He could sense the connection between them and had a feeling they were set to be mates. Confirming it by the way ‘Kai’ seemed to be eyeing his pack mate. His instincts hit him suddenly, feeling very protective over Sehun, being both his ‘brother’ and beta of the pack. He stepped up towards Kai, asserting himself the best he could, a mental challenge of strength.

 

Kai backed down immediately, not wanting to anger Tao and recognising him of being higher rank, even if he was from another pack. Not wanting to ruin the budding relationship that he and Sehun shared, he stepped back. Sehun looked back and forth, from Tao then back to Kai, confused at the sudden confrontation.

 

“Sehun can I please speak to you?” Tao asked, staring intensely into his eyes.

 

Lay, sensing the rising tension, told Kai to help him clean up. Earning a appreciative look from Tao.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sehun whispered, puzzled by the secrecy.

“You do realise that we have to leave. Right? The others are probably still looking for us.” Tao explained, “Do you know how worried they would right now? And you know Luhan… he gets very defensive”

“Bu-“

“Sehun.”

 

They stared at each other again.

 

“Ok Fine.”

 


 

Chanyeol waited.

He waited for him to come back.

For him to burst through the woods and say that he missed him.

To say that he wanted him back.

 

But the forest stood unmoving as the mountains that held the trees in place.

He sat for what felt like a lifetime. He felt something inside him rip, like a piece of paper, slowly tearing itself to shreds. Desperately he was trying to pick them back up and piece them together.

 

His past was something he could never run from but he didn’t want his it to define his present or create his future.

 

Chanyeol had a life. It was good because of Baekhyun. But the life that was once his became a distant memory in the haze of his bloodlust and violent nature that had been ignited by his past pack mates. He nearly died leaving, but did so with the help of Kris and the desire to see Baekhyun again.

 

He knew had no idea how to fix it. However, meeting Baekhyun again, here, was his second chance.

 

This time, he’s not going to mess it up.

 


 

Kris – Alpha of the Pack, born to be a leader through both his size and natural ability and aptitude for leading others. Is calm and rational in all decision he makes and ensures his pack with security and stability. He is Golden blonde wolf with a silver streak on the tip of one ear and his eyes are a soft caramel brown. He was a strong and unwavering personality that allows him to assert himself to his pack when they are disagreeing but also has the capacity to show compassion and kindness when they are on hard times. Kris was known to have helped Chanyeol through his troubled past as well as bringing together the rest of his pack

 

Lay – Beta of the Pack, picked by Kris due to his gentle and kind nature, as well as his abilities for healing and mediating. Creates a certain level of understanding between conflicting patties during arguments due to his unbiased opinions and perspectives. He is amber brown with silver white coloured eyes. Was originally happily part of a pack, but took a non-romantic attraction to Kris as he was hunting for food. Though reluctant, his pack let him go.

Kai - Delta of the pack, plays the role of the scout in the pack due to his skills in stealth and speed. He is silver grey with pool blue eyes. Started off as a rogue and later picked up by Kris, although Kai took more convincing than others, being too used to single life. Can be ruthless and hostile towards unfamiliar wolves but is shown to be friendly but a little distant to those within his pack. Another exception being Sehun.

 

Chen – Scout for the pack, due to his size, skill and capacity to memorise and move efficiently through terrain. He is bark brown with dark brown eyes. His fur colour is also an asset to him as it helps him camouflage within the forest. He and Suho started off in the same pack as ‘roommates’, which grew into a romantic interest. They both stubbled into Kris’ territory and were compelled to join him

Suho – Hunter for the pack, even though he doesn’t have the best speed or strength within the pack, he shows talent for stalking. Able to maintain a hunt for days and can approach prey without their awareness until its too late. He has burnt red brown fur with amber coloured eyes. Mates with Chen and originally came from the same pack.

 

Chanyeol – Omega of the pack, placed at the bottom of the ranks due to his unstable personality and nature. He has strength and power and is proven to be a great fighter. He has flame orange fur and lemon yellow eyes. Was known to have a violent past which Kris helped him escape and recover from. Baekhyun was his mate. 

 


Soooo sorry for such a long wait on the update!! T-T

Its holidays now, so I'm gonna try and fit in another long update before school starts :)

Sorry if any of the fur colours for the characters are confusing

I forgot to write them down so I get confused myself

I think Tao has changed from red to black back to red in some chapters XD

Hopefully I have fixed all those mistakes and other spelling and gramatic errors.

Thank you to everyone that subscribed commented and upvoted <3 

Please subcribe and comment your thoughts on the story so far, anything you're not sure of or something you would like to see happen in the story.

Thank you~

 

exotichime

cr. to the owners of the photos