Midnight Snack

Roll Like A Wolf

 

“Actually Kris... I wanted to tell you something”

Kai decided that it was now or never. He didn’t know how Kris would react after he knew that another had entered their territory and Kai hadn’t reported it first. He didn’t know why he decided against it. Maybe it was the fear in the younger wolf’s eyes that stopped Kai in his tracks. Or maybe it was the small and lonely voice that had called him out in the night. Whichever one it was, he wanted to help.

 

His scent still lingered on his nose and his name stilled played on his lips.

 

Sehun

 

The unfamiliar pup looked famished and tired from days of running around in circles. Kai silently trotted up to the small whole at the mouth of the cave big enough to fit his head through, but there was no way a body would fit through.

 

The voice didn’t stop.

“Help”

 

Even through the hole Kai had created there was no way the wolf could fit through. As much as Kai wanted to help, he was still weary of the intruder in the even that it was an ambush.

 

“What’s your name and what are you doing here?” Kai questioned the eyes peering from under the rocks.

 

“My name is Sehun and I got separated from my pack” Sehun quivered, “I got into a fight with one of my pack mates and ran off. I got lost and tried to follow my tracks back home, but the rain washed them all away, along with my pack’s scent. I needed a place to sleep and found this cave. But as you can see, the rocks caved in.”

 

Kai let his words hang in the air for a moment, thinking about whether trusting a stranger. But the innocence that laced Sehun’s voice and the pure look of desperation broke Kai’s usual resolve of violence.

 

“I’ll be right back” Kai reassured Sehun.

 

“Where are you going?” Sehun whimpered out

 

Kai, without getting a chance to answer, ran off into the night.

 

Sehun sat there thinking that he wouldn’t come back and he would be stuck in that cave until he died. He was scared and wanted to make up with Baekhyun, and just be back at home, snuggling up with Tao. He sat there staring out into the night through his little hole, wondering if he would ever get back home.

 

He also thought of the silver wolf that hadn’t given his name. He felt a sense of warmth radiate from the wolf, even though his voice was filled with hostility but also with a underlying hint of gentleness.

 

Sehun perked up his ears as he heard approaching footsteps again, with the scent of the silver wolf and blood. He became restless thinking that that the silver wolf had come back to kill him, the scent of fresh blood drove Sehun to cower to the back of the cave.

 

“Come out” the voice beckoned

 

Not knowing what possessed him, Sehun’s own paws moved towards his voice. Instead of the bloodthirsty wolf he was expecting, he saw a dead rabbit at the mouth of the hole.

“What is this?” Sehun asked quietly

 

“What does it look like?” Kai chuckled “It’s for you, I figured you probably haven’t eaten for a while

 

Sehun’s eyes widened a little at the generosity of the grey wolf but stood back for a while.

 

“Why are you helping me?” Sehun asked

 

“To be honest, I’m not really sure either. But there is something about you that I like” Kai bluntly replied

 

A little taken back, but convinced, Sehun slowly poked his muzzle out and dragged the rabbit into the cave. “What’s your name?” he asked, while slowly nibbing on his meal.

 

“Kai”

 

While Sehun ate, Kai talked. After Sehun finished, he talked. They basked in each other’s company until the first light of the day crept over the horizon.

 

“I’m sorry but I have to go now.” Kai said sadly “But I’ll be back, I’m going to find a way to get you out” his voice full of determination.

 

Sehun wanted him to stay, he didn’t want to be alone again. But he bit his words down. “I’ll be waiting,” he said, trying to sound as optimistic as possible.

 

Kai sped off with the sole mission of getting Sehun out for the cave. The whole night he had spent with the younger wolf gave him a sense of happiness that he had never felt before, and while he was running away from the cave. He felt an invisible string tugging at him to turn back. But he knew that there was no way that he would be able to get Sehun out by himself. He needed his alpha’s help.

 

Knowing that Kris always took a patrol of the boarders in the morning, he sped towards the usual trail, hoping to catch Kris in a good mood.

 


 

 

“Can we stope for a second please?” Kai asked

 

Kris abruptly stopped, sensing a seriousness he had never heard from his delta.

 

“What is it?” Kris gently asked, having never seen Kai so cautious around him

“You asked me where I was last night, right?” Kai started slowly “I found an intruder in our territory last night”

 

Kris’ thoughts flew to the black wolf curled up against the cold, his heart dropped. He grew tense “Who was it? He snapped, in fear Kai had attacked on sight.

Kai stepped back a bit and lowered his head, “A wolf by the name of Sehun” his voice shrinking at the fear of the alpha’s anger.

 

“What colour is his fur?” Kris asked, suddenly desperate for answers.

“A mix of gold, brown and grey” Kai replied, puzzled at the question

 

Kris let out a sigh of relief almost immediately and calmed down.

“And what did you do to him?” 

 

“Nothing. He was lost and scared” Kai explained, “Please help him, he got trapped in a cave”

 

Kris paused and though for a second, there must be something special about this wolf that had stopped Kai from killing him. Kris knew that Kai was not usually the kind of wolf that showed mercy.

 

“Take me to him” Kris calmly replied “I’ll make my decision once I see him”


 

I'm sooooo sorry for the late update T-T

I hate myself for having no ideas

But I have finally constructed a layout of the rest of the story

So updates and more updates

Reached 100+ subs thank you soooo much for everyone that has subscribed!!! ^_^

I love you all 

Please comment your thoughts on the story so far ~~

P.S if there is anything you would like to see in the story please comment that below as well

P.s if there is anything you want