In the Night

Roll Like A Wolf

 

Paws struck the ground over and over again at a constant gait, changing slightly at the rise and fall of the terrain. The snow-white pelt melted in with the plain of flowers. Petals falling as the flash of white and gold dashed through the field. A lonely howl ripped from the small built chest, a howl that echoed through the mountains hoping to catch the attention of his pack mate. Baekhyun hadn’t stop searching since the night before, after he and Luhan had returned to the den to check on Xiumin. He set off once again.

 

Baekhyun felt responsible for the disappearance of their omega. Having started a fight that caused the younger to run off in the first place. He felt guilty and worried for Sehun and what could have happened to him, knowing that even if they had a fight Sehun would have usually returned before sunset.  Although Baekhyun caught Sehun’s lingering scent in the wind, the closer he got, the thinner the scent became. Digging his paws in he continued.

 


 

 

Tao shook his fur as he slowly limped out of the river with lay’s help.

 

“Feeling better?” Lay asked

“A lot better. Thank you” Tao said cheerfully, happy knowing that Lay was there to help.

“Just lay down on the grass here and I’ll be back with some herbs and leaves” Lay said as he slowly trotted out of sight.

 

Tao sighed as he let his fur dry in the warm breeze and sun.  He suddenly caught a familiar scent that made him flinch in repulsion and fear as large shadow slowly blocked out the caress of the sun.

 

“Look who has come out to play” the flame orange male sneered.

 

Tao didn’t reply and just stared into the whites of the towering wolf’s eyes. His ears pricked for the sound of Lay returning, hoping that he would make it back in time, before the orange male decided to tear him apart.

 

“Well... say something, don’t just stand there” he jeered

 

“Chanyeol back off” a stern voice cut in

 

Tao breathed a sign of relief as he turned towards Lay slowly. Lay dropped the bundle of herbs and flowers, and walked over calmly, placing himself between Tao and Chanyeol.

 

“Aww Lay, you’re no fun at all” Chanyeol whined. Obeying the beta of the pack, he slinked back into the shadow of the trees until his footsteps could no longer be heard.

 

“It’s a surprise he listened quietly for once” Lay chuckled. He trotted back over to his fallen bundle and carried it over to Tao. Mashing up the various herbs, forming a remedy, he applied it slowly with his tongue over the wounds. The coolness that came from the leaved immediately soothed Tao’s pain, working its way through his skin, all the way to the bone.

 

“Thank you” Tao said, Lay’s ear as a sign of gratitude. Lay sat down next to the young wolf, snuggling up the larger body.

“I didn’t get any sleep last night. In return you shall be my pillow for the day” Lay whispered. Tao complied with the amber brown wolf’s request, forming a U shape with his body, smiling silently at the peaceful, calm face that settled on Lay’s face.

 


 

 

Kris ran along the border of his territory, making his usual morning rounds. He closed his eyes as he turned at the corners, feeling the wind in his fur, as the scents around him painted his path. Having travelled the same track every day of every week of every month, he knew the road better than anyone.

 

He heard the approaching footsteps of his delta, following at a steady pace behind him. He could always tell the difference. Lay had a gentle but fast gait, Kai had powerful but silent pace, Chen’s skill for agility radiated off his paws, and Suho was never too far from Chen, matching his mate’s stride. Kris had taken the care to learn each and every one of them off by heart. He was secretly proud of himself for doing so.

 

“Unusual for you to join me Kai” Kris causally said, letting the wind take his voice behind him. Kai sped up matching Kris’ paws.

“I just felt like you might have wanted some company today” Kai panted

“Where were you last night?” Kris suddenly asked, noting the younger’s absence when he awoke in the middle of the night.

The silver grey wolf tensed up.

“I heard some noises last night so I went to check” replying a little to quick “There was nothing there though” Kai added.

 

Kris knew that Kai wasn’t telling the truth, but he let it go, knowing that there would have been a good reason. He trusted all his pack mates and trusted them to tell him when they were ready. They continued silently along the track.

Kai was fully aware that Kris knew he wasn’t telling the truth, but was glad that his Alpha understood that he didn’t want to share for the time being.

 

The truth was that yes Kai did hear something last night, but he had found something...or rather someone lurking out in the dark.

 

Last night

 

Kai’s ears pricked at the sound of rocks crashing. He slowly opened his eyes as the moonlight flooded his sight. He looked around and saw that everyone was still asleep. The Alpha and Beta wrapped in a tight ball of gold and brown, the two love birds created their own unusual sleeping shape, and the flame orange ball curled up next to them. Deciding to investigate, he picked himself up and crept through the maze of fur and tails. He breathed a sigh of relief as he realised that he hadn’t woken any of them, and continued outside.

 

He burst into a brisk run towards the sounds and unfamiliar scent. His mind filled with curiosity but was also cautious of the fact that it could be an intruding pack. He paused for a moment to decide whether or not to wake the pack. In the end he decided against it knowing that they were all already worn out. He had enough strength to defend if it came to a fight.

 

Kai perked his ears up, listening for sounds of life amongst the dead forest floor. He heard a faint whimper and immediately headed towards the sound. It led him to the mouth of a large cave, embedded into the side of a mountain. He listened closely again.

 

“Help!” It was faint, but loud enough for him to hear

It crawled up towards the cave, belly nearly touching the ground in the event of an ambush.

 

“Help” the voice cried again

 

As the view of the cave became clearer so did the voice. Kai saw that the mouth of the cave had probably given in to the weight of the mountain.

 

“Hello?” being as curious as Kai, he had to say something

 

The voice inside the cave was silent, but started again

“Please help me,” the voice whimpered

The voice was filled with desperation, fear and frustration that for some reason Kai’s body started moving by itself, running towards the cave and scratching away at the small loose rocks. He finally only managed a hole about the size of a rabbit. But it was enough to see the small body of with blobs of brown, gold and grey. 

 

 


Please forgive me for the verrrrryyyy late update

I'm sooooo sorry >< 

I've just been so busy and keep forgetting to finish the half chapter I started 

thank you soooo much toeveryone who subscribed

I know I have said this again and again 

but I will update more frequently because this time

.... I have IDEAS!! haha ^-^

thank you again

 

exotichime

th