Dinner with the Alpha

Roll Like A Wolf

Luhan sniffed the trail, backtracking the way they came, trying to pick up Chanyeol’s scent.

 

“Arghhh” Luhan mumbled in frustration, “I can’t seem to pick it up, we should have trailed him from the start”

He looked over his shoulder, one of them with their nose to the tree and the other spacing out and staring at the sky. Luhand shook his head and sighed.

“D.O! Please stop day dreaming” Luhan scolded the smaller wolf.

“Sorry, I was just thinking about…” D.O stopped himself and shifted his eyes towards Baekhyun, who was too busy to notice the two discussing.

 

Suddenly Baekhyun brushed past Luhan, nose straight to the ground, finally indicated that he had some sort of direction on where to go. He shot his head up and scanned the forest, nose twitching, he broke into a sprint into the trees.

 

“Baek-“ D.O shouted after him, before he could finish Luhan rushed past him as well.

 

“Well no need to wait for me guys,” D.O yelled breaking into a full sprint after them. 

 

Baekhyun knew the scent all too well. Even after they had left Chanyeol behind, the smell of honey le and fresh mint hung in the air, caressing his nose with the familiar aroma. It was only when Luhan suggested that they should have followed Chanyeol that Baekhyun remembered that he had sensed Tao’s scent on Chanyeol. He was too caught up in the moment to even process the thought in his mind.

 

The three wolves flew across the landscape like water in a river, carefully dodging each tree and rock. Silently snaking their way closer to Chanyeol and closer to Tao.

 


 

The two pups cuddled in the darkness, shivering in the cold of night.

The rain dropped silently, washing the away the blood of the pack, tainted on their fur. Tao watched the faint pool of blood swirl around his paw, the vermillion red etching flowers into the dull brown earth. The metallic stench filled their senses, reminding them of massacre. He turned to Sehun who had his eyes clenched shut, whimpering for the pack. Settling down next to him, Tao pulled Sehun closer, embracing him in a circle of warmth as they waited for the night to pass.

 

“Tao!” Sehun yelled into his ear, “Helloooo? Are you still there?” he laughed

“What? Sorry” Tao apologised,

“Are you ok?” Lay asked, quickly glancing at his wounds

“I’m ok. I was just thinking about something,” Tao answered, flexing his muscles

 

“Hey”

 

A voice from behind made Tao turn.

The bark brown wolf the red brown wolf approached slowly, with the older male leading the way. They shifted their eyes without a fixed focus, looking nervous and guilty at the same time.

 

“We just wanted to apologise for before” Suho said, “we just thou-“

Before Suho could finish Tao cut in, “It’s ok” he smiled “you did what you had to do” nodding, understanding their situation.

Tao shifted his gaze onto Chen, “Is your tail ok?”

Chen snapped back to attention “Ye- Yes it is, thank you” he smiled sheepishly.

 

“Wellll I’m going to be right back” Sehun eyed Tao, before heading off to Kai

 

“Ok that’s enough apologising for now” Lay said to Chen and Suho, he then turned to Tao “You must be hungry.” He ripped off a piece of meat and nudged it towards Tao.

Tao gratefully accepted before settling down.

“Tao just sit there for a second, I have to go talk with Chen and Suho” Lay announced.

 

Tao sat there silently, slowly chewing, only just realising how hungry he was. He was so busy satisfying his stomach, he didn’t notice Kris slowly approaching him and laying beside him with his own meal in tow. Kris nonchalantly set his own meat down and acknowledged Tao before starting. Tao slowly began to feel suffocated with the silence that hung in the air, the presence of Kris made him nervous. Kris however was not affected at all, he seemed to be perfectly happy, sitting next to Tao.

 

“So…” Kris said all of a sudden

Tao jumped a little, startled. He turned towards Kris

“You don’t have to look so scared” Kris laughed, finding his wide eyes amusing.

Tao pouted, embarrassed “I’m not scared” he said boldly.

“Really?” Kris replied not convinced, enjoying the younger’s reaction.

“Yes” Tao replied confidently, faltering in his defence at the alpha’s smiling eyes.

Kris laughed again, reading Tao as if he was transparent.

As the atmosphere between them softened they began exchanging stories and sharing small jokes. They continued until they had finished everything, basking in the company of each other. Both wolves felt a small whisper in their hearts that yearned for the other, even in their circumstances.

 

For once, Tao welcomed that yearning.


 

Sorry this is a little shorter than my usual updates 

I wanted to update this chapter before Tao's birthday was over XD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TAOOO YAYYYY!!!

Thank you to everyone that subscribed and commented!!

All your comments made me sooo happy, I fell loved hahaha 

Please subscribe, comment and continue to support this story~ <3 

Thank you

 

exotichime