Saturday Morning

TeenTop Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “So, how’s my son doing? As your boyfriend, of course,” Byunghun’s mom asked Chanhee, who was sitting next to her, as she sipped on the tea Chanhee made for her earlier. Turned out that, she was on her day off from her work. She overheard people were gossiping about her son when she was about to leave the office and decided to pay a visit.

                That day, Chanhee decided to open the café late because it would be rude if he didn’t accompany Byunghun’s mother and it wouldn’t have been good either if he was serving customers while Byunghun’s mother was sitting alone.

                “Umm, h-he’s good, I guess?” Chanhee let out a nervous chuckle, blushing. Talking to your boyfriend’s parent wasn’t something that easy, plus, Byunghun was Chanhee’s first boyfriend—he had no experience over this kind of thing.

                “Good? As in, good at bed? You guys haven’t done it, right?” She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Chanhee with her squinted eyes. Just when Chanhee was about to say no—because he thought Byunghun’s mom would be angry to him because she thought that Chanhee had deflowered his son—she yelled. “Yah, Lee Byunghun! Did you already do it?! Don’t you dare deflower this innocent boy!” She yelled towards the kitchen door.

                Byunghun, who was at the kitchen all this time because he didn’t want to be a part of the stupid conversation that he was sure his mother would bring, yelled back. “I didn’t! And he’s my boyfriend after all; it’s our choice!” Byunghun huffed after he had yelled back and continued scrubbing the plates he was cleaning.

                “Well, that’s good if you guys haven’t done it.” She stated and turned back to see a flushed Chanhee. “Anyways, how’s the café going? You guys are still young; I bet things are hard.” She threw a concerned look which Chanhee replied by a warm smile.

                “It’s tiring but it’s not that bad. The customers are friendly, most of them. Once there was this guy who said that my food wasn’t good and he asked for compensation but Byunghun was there and asked him to talk outside. After that, he went in and asked for forgiveness, I don’t know why; he never wants to tell me.” Chanhee said with a pout.

                She knew what happened judging from his son’s behavior. She just chuckled and ignored Chanhee’s question about what was so funny. “So, I heard you have 2 brothers, where are they?” She asked and took another sip from her cup of tea.

                “Ah, n-ne, they’re at school now. They’ll be home sooner because it’s Saturday; they just have some club activities.”

                “How about you? How can you manage the café and your school at the same time? I bet that’s hard, right?”

                “Ah, no, I don’t continue my study. I need to focus on the café so I can pay for my brothers’ needs.” Chanhee put a strained smile on his face as he looked down on his lap.

                That was when she knew that he wanted to be normal teenagers as well; studying, hanging out with friend or even with your boyfriend under a normal circumstances, not on work. “Why don’t you leave the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter