It's Time

After all these Years

"Umm... remind me why are we here again?" Sooyoung asked but the two just shrugged their shoulders and ignored her question. Hyoyeon then made a stop in front of the place.

"Get out" Jessica said coldly which made Sooyoung gulp. She doesn't know why her friends are acting this way. A while ago, they are comforting her but now, they are like pushing her away.

"Yah, I don't know what happened to your heads but I really want to know why I'm here. You're supposed to drop me off on one of my hotels, not in this caf---" Sooyoung's voice trailed off when she saw where she is right now. "This is the caf---"

"The cafe where we usually hangout 7 years ago" Hyoyeon cut off Sooyoung before she can even finish her sentence.

"Urmm...... yeah" Sooyoung replied, averting her eyes from Hyoyeon and onto something else. She suddenly felt uneasy because everything that happened in this cafe starts to flash before her eyes making her vision blur because of the tears that were starting to form. But she has to act strong. No more crying. No more breaking down. Just act strong.

"Hurry up and go inside. We'll take care of your things" Jessica pushed Sooyoung out of the car. Sooyoung stumbled on her way out but immediately kept her balance to prevent herself from tripping.

"Okay okay. I'll just wait for you two here then" Sooyoung said.

"Sorry Sooyoung. But we still have to pick up our boyfriends" Hyoyeon smiled apologetically.

"Yeah, Hyuk called me a while ago telling that Hae's car broke down. So you better get inside now and reserve us some seats. We'll be there later"Jessica said as the car started to move slowly.

"But---------" Again, Sooyoung didn't get the chance to finish her sentence when Jessica interrupted her.

"No buts Sooyoungie. Just go and enter the cafe before I myself dragged you inside without mercy" Jessica threatened. Sooyoung ruffled her hair in frustration and stomped her way towards the entrance door. Mumbling few words over and over again.

"Stupid Jessica Jung. Stupid Kim Hyoyeon" But before she enters, she quickly turned around and was about to say something when Jessica's voice bombarded the whole parking lot.

"Inside now! As in N.O.W! NOW!" Sooyoung cringe in pain when Jessica's voice echoed inside her head, making her ears ring.

Sooyoung wasted no time and hastily went inside. Not even saying goodbye to her friends. She then sighed in relief as soon as she enters. Cold air brushed against her skin, making her shiver in delight because the temperature outside was scorching hot. And not to mention, Jessica's mood. Sure, Jessica is called the ice princess because of her cold personality but when she's angry.......... It's like living hell.

Sooyoung quickly went around the corner, lips forming a small smile but as soon as she made a turn, her smile dropped. There, a guy was sitting on their usual place. She huffed in disappointment and decided to just sit at the table behind the guy. While walking, Sooyoung heard a familiar voice. A very familiar voice. She stopped on her tracks and whipped her head from side to side, trying her best to locate where the voice was coming from.

"Could it be" Her voice came out breathless. Heart thumping rapidly, teeth chattering, hands sweating, legs shaking at the thought that this guy could be the one she has been longing for to see for 7 years now.

She made a stop and stood behind the guy. She needed confirmation. She scanned the guy's back since he was facing the other way. Sooyoung moved closer and took a peek to see his face. She moved slowly and quietly, not wanting to scare and surprise the guy.

Sooyoung gasped when she finally realize who the person is sitting in front of her, 'Kyuhyun'. She swiftly moved her hands and covered to prevent herself from making any type of noise. Tears started to build at the corner of her eyes. She wanted to turn him around so badly so she could see his face, hug him tight and kiss him but she stopped herself. I mean, who wouldn't be surprise if the person you had been trying to forget suddenly came back after 7 long years, hug you and kiss you out of nowhere.

Minutes passed but Sooyoung still remained unmoved from her position. Just standing behind Kyuhyun, watching him play. Sooyoung accidentally chuckled when she heard Kyuhyun cursed when he lose in the game. She saw how Kyuhyun wanted to turn so badly. So in the end, she decided to just tap his shoulder.

Upon feeling the tap, Kyuhyun quickly stood up and turned around, only to meet the latter's dark brown orbs boring into his own. His jaw dropped and his eyes widened in shock when he saw the person standing in front of him was no other than her, 'Sooyoung'. The girl whom he had poured all his heart, life, and soul in loving and yet she still broke his heart. She left him in extreme pain. Hurt. Scarred. Wounded. Helpless.

Time seemed to stop flowing as Kyuhyun observed Sooyoung. He eyed her from top to bottom. He may look like a ert right now but he isn't thinking of any dirty thoughts. He just finds something strange and odd about Sooyoung. Without a second thought, he grabbed Sooyoung's right arm and examined it carefully. Sooyoung was surprised and tried to pull her arm back but Kyuhyun ignored her and tightened his grip.

Kyuhyun can't deny the fact that he really missed the warmth and softness of Sooyoung's skin against his but what definitely caught his attention is that her skin seemed paler, colder and definitely thinner. That's when it hit him. Sooyoung had lose weight.

 ‘But why? Why would a shikshin like her lose weight?’ Kyuhyun asked himself. 

‘Does this have to do something with our break-up?’ He then looked at Sooyoung. Half of hate and anger is what all he feels while the other half still remained mystery to him.

‘No way. She's the one who left me. Why would she be bothered about it’ Kyuhyun mocked himself and released Sooyoung's arm. After that, silence engulfed them. Kyuhyun tried breaking the awkward atmosphere and pulled out one chair.

"Sooyoung, sit down. We have a lot of things to catch up" Kyuhyun patted the chair in which Sooyoung gladly obliged and sat on it.

"Thanks Kyu" Hearing her say that name made Kyuhyun snap. He scoffed

"Still have the guts to call me that" Kyuhyun tried to act normal in front of her, like nothing happened but hearing her say that one particular word made everything fall apart. It just reminds him of everything. Especially the day when she left him since that was the last time he ever heard that name come out of , only to say goodbye and vanish from his life.

"I-I...... g-guess I got used to it" Sooyoung hung her head low and fiddled with her fingers.

"Well you better start working on not getting used to it from now on" Kyuhyun said coldly. "I don't use that name anymore"

To hear Kyuhyun say those words were like a painful slap across her face. She's the one who gave that name to him but Kyuhyun had just said to her to never use that name ever again. She blinked away the tears that were starting to form in her eyes. She has to act strong. She had to.

Again, silence surrounded them. This time, Sooyoung was the one who broke the ice.

"We should order some foods now. I think Hyoyeon and the others are yet to arrive here" Kyuhyun nodded and called the waiter.

Minutes passed and the waiter came back together with their meals. Kyuhyun watched as Sooyoung began to devour her foods like there's no tomorrow. Feeling that a pair of eyes is staring at her, Sooyoung looked up.

"Ccyyeahh ccyyeahh. I knnoww I'm a ccshikshwin" Sooyoung's words came out slurred because of the foods inside . Kyuhyun laughed softly

"I know and that ‘was’ one of the main reasons why I fell for you." Sooyoung stopped chewing. She felt happy because of what Kyuhyun had said but at the same time it saddened her because of the word ‘was’.Meaning it's all in the past now. Ironic is it? How one word can change the overall meaning of a sentence?

‘Does he not love me anymore? Am I too late?’ This question repeated over and over again inside Sooyoung's head. Kyuhyun noticed that Sooyoung had stopped eating. He lift his head up and noticed that there's a smudge on the corner of her lips. He took out his handkerchief, leaned forward and wiped Sooyoung's mouth.

Upon realizing that a foreign object is touching her lips, Sooyoung abruptly backed away.

"O-oh.... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to surprise you. There's just a smudge on your lips" Kyuhyun said sheepishly.

Sooyoung blushed. This was the Kyuhyun he knew. Caring and not cold like a while ago. Feeling tense-free and comfortable, Sooyoung mustered up her courage and ask a question.

"So.....Kyu....Hyun. I mean Kyuhyun" Sooyoung trailed off, still not getting used in calling him Kyuhyun. 

"Are you with someone right now?"This question caught Kyuhyun off guard. He looked at Sooyoung. Her eyes were filled with hope or so he thought. Kyuhyun cleared his throat before speaking.

"No" Sooyoug's eyes sparked, glad that Kyuhyun isn't seeing someone and that she still have a chance, but the next few words totally left her devastated. Kyuhyun had turned in to a cold-hearted person again. Like he has a second persona.

"I'm not seeing anybody because I learned how to close my heart from everybody ever since a certain someone left me" Kyuhyun said in his monotonous voice. Sooyoung knows well that she's the certain someone Kyuhyun's pertaining to. She shut her eyes tight, not wanting her tears to show.

"I-I see. But I think you should consider in hearing the other side as well and not just jump into random conclusions" Kyuhyun knows too that Sooyoung wants to explain herself. On why she just vanished and never contacted him. But he is not yet ready to hear her explanations.

"I don't think so. And if so, she should have explained herself already. Not now. Not tomorrow. But 7 years ago"

Sooyoung felt her heart clenched and her breath hitched. Every word that came out of Kyuhyun's mouth passed through her ears and into her lungs. Choking her. Restraining her to breathe. Suffocating her. Shaking those painful feelings away. She shot another question to him.

"So, how have you been doing?"

"Me?" Kyuhyun smirked "Of course you wouldn't know. You didn't even bother contacting me for 7 long years. Me who is your boyfriend, no scratch that, your ex-boyfriend. So how on earth would you know?!" Kyuhyun spat out.

The tears that Sooyoung had been holding in suddenly burst and gush out from her eyes. Leaving a pained and melancholy Sooyoung behind. She felt so crestfallen. Their break up was not even official but he called himself her ex-boyfriend which pained Sooyoung more. She felt extremely guilty. So guilty that she had changed him and turned the once cheerful, caring and devilishly playful Kyuhyun into a pained, broken and cold-hearted person. 

"If only you knew what happened Kyuhyun. We wouldn't be like this, would we?" She muttered as she continued to sob.