Cafe

After all these Years

"I'll wait for you, even if it takes forever. Saranghae, Sooyoung-ah" Kyuhyun repeated not noticing that a tear already flowed down his right cheek. He quickly wiped it off and proceeded in continuing his morning rituals.

After freshening up, Kyuhyun went to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast. He grabbed a random cereal box from the cabinet and milk inside the fridge, poured it together and went straight to the living room. He sat himself comfortably in the middle of the couch and the t.v. He flipped through the channels and watched random shows while eating.

Several minutes later, his phone rang. He reached for it on top of the table in front of him and looked at the caller I.D. He saw that it's his bestfriend, Eunhyuk, who's calling him. He hesitated first if he should answer the call or not, not wanting anyone to disturb his alone time. But in the end, he decided to answer it in thought of something horrible might had happened to Eunhyuk.

"Yeobseyo" Kyuhyun stated gloomily.

"Hey buddy, what's up?" The man on the other line answered rather enthusiastically. Total opposite of Kyuhyun's mood.

"Why did you call Hyuk?" Kyuhyun asked not bothering to answer Eunhyuk's question first.

"Okay. I'll go straight to the point" Eunhyuk paused to see if Kyuhyun is eager to know what he was going to say but Kyuhyun only appeared uninterested. He didn't even utter a single word.

Eunhyuk sighed "I just want to inform you that all of us are going to our hangout later this afternoon."

"And.............. You want me to come too?" Kyuhyun guessed on the other line.

"Yup! You should definitely c----"

"NO" Kyuhyun stated, not letting Eunhyuk to finish his statement.

"Yah! But you have to go! Please Kyuhyun" Eunhyuk pleaded through the phone.

"And what?! Talk about what happened to us these past years?!" Kyuhyun asked harshly, pointing the fact that he doesn't want to go and definitely to avoid the talk about their previous experiences these past few years. In fact, he doesn't even want to remember any memories from his past because all he sees is "her". His living nightmare. But how can he forget it, if the person he truly loves was the one who made those memories in to his paradise and at the same time, his hell.

"Yah! Kyuhyun, are you still there?" Eunhyuk asked in curiousity because Kyuhyun's not talking on the other line for quite some time now. Hearing Eunhyuk's voice calling him, Kyuhyun snapped out of his trance. He cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Ehemm........... As I was saying, I will not go. And that's final." He was just about to end the call when Eunhyuk shouted.

"Kyuhyun!!! I have something else important to tell!" Kyuhyun paused for a while and heaved a sigh before putting back the phone on his ear.

"What is it then?" He questioned Eunhyuk calmly.

"Hahaha! You have to go to the restaurant if you want to know" Eunhyuk chuckled feeling that he already got Kyuhyun interested.

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me, I still won't go." Kyuhyun answered proudly knowing that Eunhyuk would just give up and tell him the real reason.

Eunhyuk took a deep breath and spoke "Okay, okay. I'll tell you. Hyoyeon and I are getting married and we want to discuss our plans with all of you"

Hearing that a friend of his is getting married, of course it's natural for Kyuhyun to feel happy and excited but he's also feeling something other than those. Kind of like jealousy. Yes, jealousy. He feels jealous because after all these years, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon are going to get married and start to build a family of their own, as for him, his love had ended many years ago. He didn't even get the chance to say those words to her. Those magic words that will definitely change his life forever together with her.

The words 'will you marry me?' But being able to say those words will just be a mere illusion for he knows that 'she' already left him long ago, abandoning him, forsaking him, and forgetting him.

He doesn't even know if he will ever get the chance to see her again, to hear her melodious voice passing through his ears, to feel her skin against his, to be able to talk to her, to make her his again. But Kyuhyun knows it. He knows that he will never be able to do those things anymore. He knows that it would just be a wishful thinking if he ever hoped that it could happen in reality.

So he chose to accept it. To embrace the fact that he will never make her his again, to forget her, to live a miserable life without her, to let her go. That's why he forced himself to hate her, to despise her, to detest her, to erase his one and only love from his heart, for that is the only way he could think of in order to move on.

"But he knows, deep inside his heart...........................he still loves her"

"Fine, I'll go. What time should I be there?"

"12:00 p.m sharp. Okay? You're dead if you come late!" Eunhyuk warned Kyuhyun but he only heard the sound *beep* meaning that he already hang up on him.

Kyuhyun took a glance at the wall clock. It read '10:57 a.m.' He slowly got up from the couch, turned the t.v off and went to the kitchen. He put the bowl in to the sink and made his way towards his room to look for a set of clothes to wear. He opened his closet and his eyes immediately landed on a red polo shirt with different fading shades on various parts matched with an acid wash colored jeans and laid it on his bed.

Kyuhyun smiled bitterly, remembering that this was the outfit he wore when he and Sooyoung had their first date on that restaurant. And here he is again, wearing the same clothes and going to the same cafe. Only the difference is that, he's not with her anymore. After reminiscing, Kyuhyun finally regained his conciousness and went inside the bathroom to take a shower.

After showering, he wore the clothes he had picked out a while ago and slipped in to his white converse. He took his keys on top of the kitchen counter and headed outside his apartment, but before closing and locking the door, he took one last look at the wall clock, it shows '11:27 a.m.'

"Still have plenty of time" Kyuhyun muttered to himself as he made his way down to the parking lot. He already calculated the driving distance from his apartment to the cafe. It will only take him 20 minutes to drive there.

Arriving at the cafe, Kyuhyun parked his car under the shade of a tall tree to prevent his car from heating up since it is kind of hot that day. He then went out of his car and stared at the cafe in front of him. He soughed, remembering that this was the place where he and his friends met Sooyoung together with her peers which later on, became their other halves.

Not only that, he also had his very first date with Sooyoung in this place. This cafe certainly holds a lot of memories, especially of 'them.' That's why Kyuhyun absolutely made sure not to go here anymore under any circumstances because all of their memories start flooding and occupying his mind once again. Those sweet yet bitter memories he still holds after all these years. He smiled dolorously at the thought and dragged his feet lifelessly towards the entrance as the memory of their first meeting came rushing back in to his head.