Chapter 85

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 85

 

2 Years Later

 

“Congratulations!”

I was very happy to hear the news, after almost 4 years of relationship Yongguk proposed to Sarah. The girl was over the moon as she excitedly explained how it happened.

“Thank you… I actually had my suspicions since Himchan doesn’t know how to keep a secret…”  -She said and giggled, perhaps remembering how he almost spilled it up. “But the way he did it really took me by surprise.”

Then she proceeded to explain how he took her to all the places that were special to them, it was like a walk down memory lane. After he took her to all those places, he ended up in the place she confessed her feelings for him. To Sarah that was very special, because he took every detail of their relationship and turned it into something unforgettable.

I couldn't stop smiling behind the phone as my best friend very happily told me how everything went down.

“My best friends are all getting married before me, I’m jealous.” –I said playfully. –“First Sunhwa and Daehyun, now you and Yongguk… Before I know it Jongup and Zelo will be married too.”

“Hey! Zelo’s my son, he’s not allowed to get married until he’s 50.” –She joked and made me laugh, and then she added. “And don’t worry, seeing how eager Youngjae is whenever we talk about you, I expect him to pop the question any time.” –She said chuckling.

“I doubt it; my dad says he won’t approve anything unless he at least gets a decent job, and for now he’s nowhere near to finish his studies.”

"He's a smart guy, he'll surely get a job in no time." -Sarah said honestly.

Her relationship with Youngjae after graduating changed completly for the best. They both matured, and they no longer bickered as they did when they were in school.

 

I hummed at her comment, then turned around in my chair and glanced at the monumental pile of homework on top of my desk and I sighed. Lately, since I started my studies I struggled to feel the same excitement I used to feel when I was younger, and it was taking a toll in my mood.

“I really wish I was there with you guys.” -Without thinking twice and forgetting the fact that it had nothing to do with our previous conversation I said those words. I really missed everyone, and even when I always talked to them and saw them in the breaks, my heart was still in my home.

 Despite being away and not even seeing my face Sarah sort of got where I was leaning to with what I said.

“Not what you expected over there is it?”

“It is what I expected; I just don’t feel as happy as I thought I would… Do you think I made a bad decision on coming here?” –I asked bluntly, I couldn’t help but to sometimes have second thoughts my choice. For sure, it wasn’t that I didn’t like acting, I loved it to bits, but I felt something missing.

“I don’t think so. More like your motivation changed somewhere along the way. When we grow, we mature and we change. So don’t feel bad about that.” –She said and it made me think, then she added. -"Remember when I said to you I didn’t feel happy performing anymore?”

“Yeah… I do… How can I forget that Summer.” –I said recalling that twisted time.  –“After that, you decided to volunteer at the children's hospital.”

“And I still performed, but I found it more satisfying , even more than if I ever had the chance to perform in front of thousands of people. I kept the promise I made my brother, and I loved seeing the happy faces of those little kids. Now I can’t imagine myself doing anything else.”

Surely, Sarah’s future was set and she was happy. I felt really glad to hear her say those words, she was convinced of what she wanted. But maybe for me, I still had an empty space to fill.

As much as I tried to recall adult Youngjae’s words, he didn’t say much about my life after graduating and before marrying him. Somehow, the idea of being an just an actress didn’t seem too appealing anymore.

Waking me up from my thoughts, Sarah added. “It’s nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter