Chapter 80

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 80

 

 

Few hours earlier

"...We need you to come now!" 

Youngjae very confused by the sudden call then asked: "What happened?"

From the tone of his classmate, and the noise he heard on the background, Youngjae could tell that it was nothing good.

"There's a huge mess in the backstage of the auditorium, the play was sabotaged and the acting department are asking for the help from all of the students."

At the sound of those words, Youngjae clenched on his phone and furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"Talent scouts are coming over today, and they can't cancel so suddenly. Everything's a mess, and they need all the help they can get. I know what happened already with you and the team leader... But can't you please just come over and help out?" -The boy on the phone tried to reason. -"We really need you."

Youngjae closed his fist trying to contain his anger, not because the boy brought up his ex-girlfriend, but because of the act of that person he had come to hate. He glanced at the bouquet of roses he had in a water vase and could only think about how his girl could be feeling.

"Youngjae?" -The student over the phone said when he didn't get an answer.

"I'll be there soon."

 

...

 

After hanging up and getting ready, Youngjae made his way to school. Even if he made the girl he loves suffer for her sake, the least he could do was help her on her big day. She wanted him to be there, and he felt that was the last thing he could do for her.

For today, he didn’t care what that person that was always on his back would say. It was not like he was actually speaking to her, plus that person had already done enough damage.

Not long after he arrived, he stole a glance at the girl that gave instructions to each group's team leader but also helped out in little tasks. Youngjae sighed as his gaze was on her, even on the day she’s been hurt she was still hardworking.

When he received the instructions from the person leading the group he was at, he felt his anger rising by the scene before him. He knew too well who caused this, and what bothered him the most was that the person had promised not to harm her after he broke up with her.

If he said anything, she could get it worse, and that was something he wouldn’t allow.

Still, he felt responsible for what was happening, so he tried his best to do his part of the job, while at the same time he avoided her whenever he saw her come close to him, just to make sure she wouldn't get more hurt.

 

...

 

The time was almost up, and they managed to finish most of the work, everything was set to begin the show. His heart felt a bit at ease when he saw the girl smiling and thanking everyone along with her teacher.

 

His small moment of peace was soon disrupted when he received a text from an unwanted person.

'You think I didn’t see you? Meet me at the East side of the school.'

Youngjae let out his breath annoyed. But nonetheless, he wanted to give Yoseob a piece of his mind.

He let Yoseob know he would meet him, and gave his ex-girl one last glance before leaving.

 

...

 

School seemed so empty to Youngjae, it was so different than usual. He felt nostalgic knowing school was practically over and it had to end up like this for him. After he finally got together with his girl, more than anything he wished he could be spending this very moment supporting her and cheering her on. One bad decision of judgement from his past brought him up to this point, and he felt like he was just paying for the consequences of his past actions.

 

A little while later, he arrived to where Yoseob said he would meet, but there was no one there.

Youngjae was about to call Yoseob, but before he could, two guys came from behind and forcefully dragged him away with their hands on his lips so he wouldn't scream. From the shock, he dropped his phone on the floor.

 

 

 

--

 

Soon after arriving to what seemed to be an unused basement of the school he was tied up to a chair tightly.

“Let me go!” –Youngjae struggled to get out; he was surrounded by Yoseob and three of the boys he knew too well.

“Why would you want to leave? Didn’t you want to talk to me a little too persistently the other day?” –Yoseob mocked the boy who glared at him.

“You promised me you would not harm her if I broke up, I should’ve known better than believe your words!”

The boy chuckled. “Do you think I didn’t see you with her? You said you would stay away from her, and if you did that, I would not hurt her.”

“I can’t control what she does Yoseob. You’re really selfish, you know well you didn't just ruin her, you ruined everyone else’s hard work.”

“So?” –He shrugged infuriating Youngjae.

“How could you be so heartless?”

Yoseob approached Youngjae menacingly. “Heartless?” –He scoffed. –“Everyone else pushes me around as if I was worthless, and I get called heartless? Don’t you think seducing someone you knew I used to like and betraying us was heartless of you?”

Youngjae was done with Yoseob’s attitude. “If you really cared for her, you wouldn’t have tried to hurt her just because she never saw you that way… Even more join someone to ruin her over unjustified reasons. Neither you or Doo Joon had any reason to hate her; I’m just sorry I didn’t realize that before.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter