Chapter 8

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 8

 

Youngjae walked towards the tables wondering which one she would like to sit. He was still a bit surprised by her offer, and her attitude towards him in general, he did not want to blow the chance that came upon him.

He finally found one of the tables that seemed the most comfortable and was the cleanest and he took a chair. The young man glanced at the girl who was no longer alone. At the same time his phone rang and he took it out of his pocket.

‘From: Daehyun

I saw that bro… Finally broke the ice? ;)’

Youngjae quickly searched around for his friend and began to type again.

‘To: Daehyun

Where are you? I don’t see you anywhere.’

A minute later he received another message.

‘From: Daehyun

Haha! I left the cafeteria not so long ago, but I saw you with ____-ah. I’m so proud of you. :’)’

Youngjae chuckled at his best friend’s silliness; he took another quick glimpse at the two girls who seemed to have a serious conversation and became uneasy towards Sarah’s expression. Is she mad?

He decided to shake off the concern, after all it wasn’t his business, and he continued to type.

‘To: Daehyun

She invited me to accompany her; we sort of came to good terms this morning. I’m only doing what you said and being her friend. Nothing else.’

Again he looked up and saw Sarah with her hands on the other girl’s shoulders and to what he saw he felt uncomfortable.  His worry got interrupted by the ring of his phone again.

‘From: Daehyun

Whatever you say Jae… ;) Either way you have to tell me the details later.’

He snickered by his best friend nosiness and looked up only to notice the girl he was waiting for already grabbing her food and Sarah saying something to her before leaving. He quickly typed back a response.

‘To: Daehyun

Alright alright… Now don’t interrupt again, she’s coming back.’

He jumped a bit on his seat when his phone rang again.

‘From: Daehyun

Don’t mess this one up. :P Just kidding. Fighting!’

Not long after he finished reading the message, shaking his head at his foolish friend, she arrived to the table.

--

“Hey! Sorry for the delay, I didn’t know they were going to take so long. I hope you don’t regret tagging along with me.” –You said as you placed the tray down.

He quickly responded shaking his head. “No, not at all! It’s alright!”

Sitting down on the chair in front of him you chuckled; he observed as you adjusted the tray in front of you and gave thanks for the food. He grinned at the view; it was surely like a dream having you there so close to him.

You quickly began your meal remembering there wasn’t much time left until the bell rang.

He remembered that he saw your best friend with you and asked. “Where’s Sarah? I thought she was going to join us.”

“She had to go do some things before class; I’ll meet again with her at lunch.” –You responded between bites.

“Oh… Um… Was she okay? She seemed a bit mad…”  -He asked cautiously.

You chuckled internally, so he was watching over you after all. “She’s fine, don’t worry about it.” –You reassured him, to which he nodded.

The table became pretty quiet and it became a bit awkward. Youngjae took a quick look at the whole room and then looked back at you who were almost done. He his lips and looked nervously to the side looking for something to start a conversation. The first time he’s had a chance like this after he developed feelings for you, and he felt like he was blowing it.

In the mean time you were sort of feeling the same, after all you had invited him to keep you company, weren’t you the one who was supposed to make him feel comfortable?

“So, what did you think of the audition?” –You spat something out hoping it was the right thing.

He was taken aback a bit at first but eventually responded. “It… It was really good. I- uh… Think you were great, you really… uh impressed everyone. Uh… including me.” –He put his head down after the last phrase.

You chuckled and put your utensil down and rested your chin on your hand.

“It’s alright; I won’t tell anyone I saw you there, if that’s what you’re worried about.” –You reassured him.

It seems like you hit the spot, since he quickly glanced up and slowly grinned.

“And thanks! It means a lot to receive such a compliment from one of the best students in the music department.” –You smiled sincerely.

“You deserve it! Even the faculty was impressed by your performance, or so I could see.” –He said a bit shyly.

“I just really want to do my best in this one… Ever since I signed up for this school I’ve dreamed of acting in this show. But I’ll just wait for the results. After all there are a lot of other talented students like me hoping to be chosen.”

You looked down to your plate and Youngjae grinned.

“I’m sure you’ll get a good role. You have a good word from everyone that was there… I even heard this morning that you helped a fellow student that was struggling in the audition.” –He said trying to boost a bit more your confidence.

But you quickly looked up questioningly at what he had said. “Excuse me?”

“Well, this morning I heard from some students who were at the audition that after you asked to speak to Sunhwa, she came out and sang as her audition. Everyone was really impressed by her talent, and they had said that you had to do with it since you were the last one who spoke to her before she came back.”

You were left with your mouth agape.

“Wow… News sure does spread fast around here.” –A small smile played on your lips. –“I know everyone has a talent… Some just needed a confidence boost. I’m just glad I could help her.”

“I think the same… That was really nice of you really.” –He grinned at you.

Youngjae was moved by your words since he knew about part of your past with her. How he wished he could tell you how amazing you were to his eyes, he was happy that he agreed to your request that morning, or else he would.

“Yesterday sure was a very eventful day, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter