Chapter 78

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 78

 

“Don’t say a word, I'm not here to hurt you.” –I recognized his voice; it was the same person I just started to suspect. –“Before you say anything, just hear me out… I’m going to release you, but just don’t say anything or someone might hear.”

He released me, but I couldn’t keep my mouth shut; I was locked in a room against my will. “What are you doing Gikwang?” –As soon as I said that he pressed his index finger on his lips.

“Shh… I’m here to help you.”

I scoffed; I had no inch of trust in this guy. “Help me?”

“There’s someone after you and he’s planning to ruin the play.”

At the mention of that, my expression changed instantly. So he did have to do something with them…

I stepped back in the little space remaining.

“What are you talking about?” –I couldn’t give myself away to him so easily, so I played along. –“Who’s after me?”

“Yoseob.” –He said softly as if he was afraid to be heard.

“Yoseob?”

As soon as I asked he put his hand again on my mouth to keep me shut.

“Shh…”

His face seemed actually frightened to be found out. He asked me to keep my voice down and I nodded so he could let me go.

“Why are you trying to help me? I thought he was your friend…” –This time I obeyed him and kept my voice down, as soon as that phrase left my lips the guy scoffed.

“Friend? More like employee. College isn’t easy, and internship doesn’t pay much. I needed to make a living and he brought easy money.”

“But this doesn’t make any sense…” –I refrained myself from mentioning his name just in case. –“Then why are you doing this if he’s paying you, can I even really trust you?”

He took a deep breath. “I may have helped him, but that’s all in the past. How can I keep helping someone who’s not in the right mind right now?” –I furrowed my eyebrows at his words and he kept talking. –“I can do as much as harmless pranks, but putting someone’s life in danger is something I can’t cope with, I’m not heartless.”

“Someone’s life in danger?” –That phrase made my heart uneasy.

“Do you know what would’ve happened if you hadn’t been pushed out of the way that day at the rehearsal? That was no accident.”

My heart was at my throat that moment, I knew my suspicions about Yoseob were right, but not to the point where he would actually want to harm me. Somehow, some things about my future were becoming clearer as Gikwang spoke. I did feel very uneasy that day I met Yoseob as an adult, and Youngjae was terrified that he'd hurt me when I was with him. Was Yoseob really that blinded when it came to revenge?

“B-but… I don’t understand… I don’t understand anything…” –My voice stuttered, I was becoming more afraid each moment, to the extent that just by standing in front of one of his allies made me feel in danger. –“W-why is he doing this?”

“He’s someone that’s gotten tired of being pushed around… And he’s just venting that anger.”

“Pushed around? That doesn’t explain anything.” –I spoke up a bit louder, then caught on to my tone so I hushed. –“What does that even have to do with me?”

“Youngjae.” –He said in a whisper.

Of course, in the future he wanted to get revenge on Youngjae for betraying him, many things in this time line have seemed to change, but of course that one detail remained the same.

“He hated that he betrayed him because of the one person he couldn’t get, and moreover when the traitor finally got together with that person… he lost it. Ever since you rejected him openly in front of everyone, he's go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter