Chapter 73

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 73

 

I was sitting in my staircase, glancing to my sides whenever I felt someone coming. It was beginning to feel unnecessary to keep waiting, when in the back of my mind I knew he wasn’t coming. Youngjae hadn’t texted me nor contacted me since the other day.

My mother sometimes came wondering about Youngjae who usually was there early; we never missed breakfast at school.

Since I didn’t know exactly what happened with him, I kept myself from saying details so she wouldn’t worry. Simply I excused him by saying that maybe he ran into traffic or something. The only reason I decided to stay was because the other part of me was hoping he was really late and didn’t want him to come and not find me, if that made any sense.

After waiting, I decided to make my way or else I would be late for school.

 

I hurried to the cafeteria to get some breakfast, I settled for something I could eat while walking since I wanted to find him before classes started.

“Noona!!” –I was startled when Junhong ran towards me and gave me a big hug.

“Zelo, don’t! You’ll hurt her!” –Jongup said concerned.

“Oh sorry…” –Zelo let me go and glanced apologetically at me. –“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine Zelo.” –I ruffled his hair and then walked next to them.

“Sorry we couldn’t make it to the hospital the other day.” –Jongup said and he really seemed sorry.

“Sorry…” –Zelo added.

“Don’t worry guys; I know how busy you guys are. Besides, it wasn’t anything serious. Just the fact that you guys called to check up on me meant a lot.” –I walked in between of the two boys and patted their backs. The two boys seemed to be very happy that I didn't resent them; as we walked they put their arms around my shoulders with huge smiles on their lips.

“Oh! Daehyun!” –I exclaimed as soon as I spotted him. –“Guys, I’ll see you later alright?”

They both nodded and bid their goodbyes before heading their own way.

“Hey! How are you feeling today?” –He asked with a sweet smile.

“I’m doing better, by the way… Have you talked to Youngjae?”

The boy shook his head. “Not since yesterday. Why are you asking?”

“I haven’t talked to him since yesterday morning by text, and his phone is off all the time. So I can’t reach him.” –After I said that, Daehyun put a thoughtful expression.

“Well, if it eases your worry a bit, he’s really stressed with finals I think. I just leave him his space. But if I see him later I can tell him you were asking for him.” –Daehyun responded and the bell rang. –“See you later at lunch!”

“See you…”

I breathed in and out trying to let Daehyun’s words process. Maybe considering these were the finals for our last year of high school really worries him and he’s avoiding distractions. Yes, as dumb as that excuse is… I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and tried not to worry too much for the rest of my classes.

 

But again, my worries came back at lunch time when Daehyun said to me:

“I did try to talk to him ___. He’s acting strange; before I could ask him anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter