Chapter 64

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 64

 

First Semester of 12th Grade

 

Senior Year. With fear and excitement I look forward to this last year of high school. Even before Yonnguk met Sarah in a way that I didn’t expect the flashbacks or better said visions I had every now and then had stopped. The events I thought I had a clear view of, have turned into unexpected surprises.

And who would’ve thought that in my first day I would come up with the first one.

“So what did you say?”

As soon as school started, Sarah told me about her encounter with Yongguk, up to the part where he confessed. Honestly, I was really excited about it. For certain, although she hasn’t put it to words, I know she likes him.

“I didn’t say anything.”

I looked at her in confusion, I was certain that she had feelings for him.

“I ignored what he said, apologized and excused myself and left.”

She looked embarrassed and she put her head inside her locker not daring to face me.

“Sarah, I thought you liked him…” –I pulled her out of the locker so she could look at me. ­–“Do you?”

For the first time Sarah really seemed to be in a debate of feelings. “I don’t know.”

“That doesn’t make sense; you’re always talking to him and about him. For sure I thought you liked him.”

She sighed deeply and put her head inside the locker, I know she wasn’t telling me everything. I pulled her again and asked her seriously.

“What’s the real problem Sarah?”

The girl stayed silent, her eyes couldn’t find mine. And after what seemed to be the longest time she said softly, almost in a whisper: “I’m scared.”

I stuttered momentarily until I could process what she said, I figured the corridor wasn’t the best place to have a private conversation, so I took her elsewhere.

 

“Why are you scared?” –We sat on a stair case and Sarah had her fingers tangled in her hair as her eyes were fixed on the floor.

“___-ah, it’s been a long time since I’ve felt like this. I-I know I like him, so when he said that he liked me I froze. I could only remember my past relationship, so I panicked.”

Her explanation made sense, and her worry was more than valid, still, I needed to help her. She doesn’t have to live in fear her whole life.

“What if he’s not the right person?” –She added, this time looking at me.

“And what if he is? Are you really going to waste this opportunity because of someone who wasn’t worth it in your past?” –I reasoned. –“I really like this boy for you Sarah, I’m certain that he wouldn’t do something that could hurt you.”

“You think? How are you so sure?” –Sarah’s expression seemed calmer now.

I looked away not finding the right words to respond to her question.

“It’s just a feeling. But one thing I’m sure of is of how you are when you’re with him, and you’re the happiest when you talk to him. Give him a chance…” –I put my hand on her shoulder and she gave me one last look before speaking.

“How I am going to even face him after I practically ran away from him? I’m so embarrassed!” –She let out a deep breath in despair. –“I need time. I can’t do this now.”

I sighed, of course convincing her would take time, but how much time exactly would she take?

 

--

 

At lunch time, you decided not to touch the Yongguk topic worried she’d close herself more and also because Zelo and Jongup were having lunch with you guys. After that long year of tutoring and hard work Junhong finally passed the audition and was now in the music program. Now he was telling you about his first day and how he was enjoying the practice rooms the school had.

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter