Chapter 58

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update! 

 

Chapter 58

 

That awaited moment finally came. You were beyond nervous as you fixed your clothes and hair, and makeup again.

“Darling you’re looking fine.” –Your mother came into the room, and your eyes were still fixed on the mirror. As a mother would, she started to give the final touches. –“And I know he’ll think that you look gorgeous too.”

“Mom,  I want this to be perfect. I want to remember this forever.” –You stated, and still kept playing around with the rim of your blouse, but were soon stopped by your mom.

“Darling.” –She said in a sweet tone, making you avert your eyes finally from the mirror. ­–“Perfect isn’t always what we make it to be, and I’m sure that wherever, whatever you’re doing today it’s going to be something remarkable, as long as you don’t forget to always have fun and enjoy the moment.”

In a way, you understood her words. Sometimes, trying to acquire perfection, we forget to enjoy moments that will never repeat. You nodded and hugged her, careful enough not to leave makeup on her clothes.

“Thank you. I really needed to hear that.”

You heard a knock on the door, interrupting the sweet mother daughter time.

“You’re welcome dear, I’ll go get the door, get your things ready…”

She left you alone, and you took another breath. Today will be a great day.

 

--

 

You walked down the stairs, and you heard the voices coming from the living room. Your heartbeat was already out of control, and you clasped your sweaty palms together. Stupid, is not like is the first time you’re going out with him…

But it was the first time in a long time since you’ve had some time alone with him, and not to mention, it was your first official date. It is a big deal.

When you made your entrance to the living room, Youngjae’s eyes caught onto your silhouette and forgetting suddenly he was speaking with your father he got up. He was wearing comfortable semi-formal clothing and his hair was parted to the side and he had a beautiful bouquet. You could tell he was as, or even more nervous than you were.

“H-hi ___-ah…” –He stuttered, and for some reason that was amusing to your father.

“Hi Youngjae. You look, nice…” –You said a bit nervously.

“T-thanks. You look… Pretty…” –Your father was now holding his laugh by pinning his lips together; thankfully your mom came to your rescue.

“Honey, come and leave the kids have their moment…” –She came and dragged your father aside.

“___-ah… These are for you. I hope you like them.”

Of course, he was a flower kind of guy, not that you minded.

“Thank you…” –You took them. –“I’ll get a vase for them.”

“Nonsense… Give them to me.”

Your mom took them from you and left to the kitchen. Youngjae was really tense, even more than usual.

“Do you think it’s going to rain?” –Your father’s voice spoke from the window.

And that was really terrifying to even think.

“Kids come over here to take a photo…” -Your mom said as soon as she came back.

Youngjae scratched the back of his head and gestured for you to walk ahead to where your mother was waiting with a camera. Now, Youngjae was even tenser. He stood like one foot away from you.

“Uh… Youngjae, get closer.” –Your mother instructed, and he did… taking a little step by little step. –“Don’t be scared, closer. And put your arm around her waist.”

“Like this.” –You instructed and placed his arm around your waist.

“Perfect… Smile.”

Finally… The photo was taken, just when it did. Darn.

It was already raining outside.

 

--

The date wasn’t technically canceled, your parents agreed to let Youngjae stay over to watch movies. Not exactly the kind of date I was hoping for. But you were trying to stay positive, still, you were a little bumped.

 

“___-ah…” –Youngjae snapped his finger in front of your face.

The current scene: You two in the sofa, sitting together wrapped in a warm blanket as an old movie you had around played.

But you had lost the last five minutes, or half hour of movie since you were simply cursing the time it had to rain on a day like today.

“I've lost you like five times already. Look at me.” –He placed his finger on your chin to make you look at him. –“You’re upset about our date, aren’t you?"

“Yeah, kind of.”

“You’re having a horrible time aren’t you?” –He suddenly felt really guilty, despite it wasn’t his fau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter