Chapter 49

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 49

 

 

“Mind if I have a word with ___-ah Youngjae?” –Sarah asked glaring at the intimidated boy.

He wanted to step up and speak out, but sometimes he found it so hard to do when she acted that way towards him. You only looked at your best friend with scheming eyes.

“I’ll see you later ___-ah. Lunch?” –He directed his eyes to you and tried to be casual about it.

You nodded and leaned up to kiss his cheek in order to annoy a bit your mood ruin of a best friend; he smiled and caressed your cheek with his thumb and gave your books back before walking away. “See you…”

After Youngjae had left from sight, the both of you turned to each other.

“Oh God, you two are so… cheesy...” –She was laughing and shaking her head. –“When did this happen?”

You scoffed and glared at her, she had only made that scene in order to mess with Youngjae, that’s for sure.

“Yesterday night, but someone couldn’t have possibly known if she didn’t pick up her phone.” –You shot back at her the same tone she sometimes spoke to you and walked past her.

“Hey! On my defense I was exhausted yesterday… The kids wanted me to play with them instead of having me sing to them. I think they all had a sugar rush or something…” –She was by then walking next to you and lifted her blazer and shirt sleeve showing her scratched arms. –“I even fell on the carpet when they ran to me and scratched myself, thankfully I was wearing socks or else it would’ve been another story with my knees.”

“You should be careful next time then.” –You said carelessly and walked quicker pretending to be annoyed by her making Sarah hurry after you.

“Are you mad at me because of Youngjae?” –She chuckled and put her hand on your shoulder. –“I can’t believe you’re mad at me because of that.”

You couldn’t hold your laugh because of her, she really enjoyed pestering him.

“You’re scaring him; you should’ve seen how stiff he became when he saw you. He was terrified.”

Sarah laughed even more. “That’s good, that means he respects me.”

“Sarah, please don’t go overboard with him. I want my boyfriend and best friend to get along with each other, not hate each other’s guts.”

“I’m just joking…” –She paused and added. –“That is unless he does something to you… Then I won’t be joking with him.”

“All I want is for you not to harm him…”

She scoffed and crossed her arms. “When have I ever harmed anyone in my life ___-ah?”

You narrowed your eyes at her. “Weren’t you the one who made Lee Seunghyun eat crayons in elementary school because he ruined your friend’s art project? I wouldn’t want to think about the things you could now do to Youngjae…”

Sarah gasped dramatically and stood in front of you.

“You weren’t even in my school by then ___-ah. How can you believe I would do something like that… I would never.”

“The boy can’t even look at you in the eye when he sees you in the hallway of school, I swore I even see him gag whenever you pass by him. People don’t do things like that for no reason.” –You reasoned, and Sarah had a half smile playing on her lips.

“He better respect me…” –She mumbled softly. –“But it’s not the same ___-ah I would never make Youngjae eat crayons. That’s childish and immature, I’m wiser now.”

Sarah spoke proudly about herself. “And I’m only looking out for you. I would not bear to see you get hurt by anyone. But don’t think about it too much, as long as he’s good to you I won’t do anything to him.”

“Sarah…”

“I’m only doing it for you!” –She turned you to the classroom and shoved you in finishing the conversation abruptly. –“Don’t daydream too much! Good bye!”

After she left you could hear Sarah’s chuckles as she walked away.

 

--

 

“Here you two are!” –Daehyun loudly spoke making every single soul in the cafeteria turn their attention to us. I was with Youngjae trying to have a peaceful lunch until the big mouthed boy came in between putting his arm on our shoulders. –“Don’t you two look cute together!”

I looked away flustered because of Daehyun, practically everyone on the room was now looking at us. Is not like we hadn’t received congratulations from some students throughout the morning, but there was no need for this attention.

“Daehyun, please we’re trying to eat.” –Youngjae defended shaking off his friend’s hand from his shoulder.

“Ohh… So the boy wants to be alone with his girl I see…” –Daehyun mocked him and Sunhwa joined in.

“Sunhwa look at them, they want to be alone now.” –He said wiggling his eyebrows.

I felt my cheeks become warmer, especially now that Sunhwa was looking down to us. All I wanted was a peaceful meal after all.

“Is not that… You’re just making a scene. Can’t you just lower your voice?” –Youngjae reasoned pinching the bridge of his nose.

The other boy had a smug smile on his lips ignoring Youngjae’s request. “Alright… I’ll go and leave you two alone now… But I’m just happy that you two are together now. We so have to celebrate this after school!”

Sunhwa suddenly joined in excitedly. “Yes! Let’s go to the café after school together! Let’s have a double date! It’ll be fun!”

I looked at Youngjae and he took a deep breath as he shook his head. “We can’t, we have tutoring today after school.”

“Then let’s just go this weekend! Does this Sunday sounds good?" –Sunhwa suddenly offered, I saw the eagerness in her eyes and I couldn’t say no.

Again I looked at Youngjae and this time I replied. “If Youngjae wants to… We could…”

Sunhwa had her hands clasped together with her eyes tenderly looked at us.

“It’s set!” –Daehyun wrapped his arm around Sunwha’s shoulder. –“Don’t make any other plans without us you two!”

“Let’s leave these two lovebirds have some alone time, and let’s go eat something Dae, I’m starved.” –Sunhwa said again making the two of us flustered.

“See you later!” –Daehyun waved and winked at his best friend and finally left us alone.

I started to chuckle and I looked at Youngjae who glanced at me apologetically.

“I’m sorry about him… He’s just… excited.”

“I can tell he really wanted us to be together though. I think that’s sweet.” –I put my hand on his and he took it and caressed it with his thumb.

“I wish Sarah was as excited about us as he is.” –He added sadly. –“I don’t think she’s very happy about it.”

“Don’t mind her Jae. She’s always bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter