Chapter 48

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All I can say before I begin... Prepare yourselves for another futile attempt of fluff...

/).(\

 

Chapter 48

After our ‘odd’ confession, Youngjae took the next step in making it official. With trembling knees that was, but he came out of the room and asked my father for his permission and goodwill, as old fashioned as that was, I found it very sweet. Of course, the good impression the boy had left on my father didn’t exclude him from getting his warnings, but after the hardest part my parents both approved our relationship.

The next day, it was a gorgeous morning for a walk to school, especially since it was my first day as ‘Youngjae’s girlfriend’. I would never have thought it’d feel like a dream. Really! It passed a long time, but in all honesty, it was worth the wait. I guess memories can’t ever compare to living the real thing. And this was just it!

The flashbacks I saw while I lived my unimaginable experience were only a small glimpse of what my life was. But the feeling beneath those images, are really something I wouldn’t change. Now he’s here right beside me, and I wouldn’t want it to be any other way.

--

 

Youngjae walked right beside her, and glanced at her from time to time. He was now feeling even more nervous than the times before when they were together, and he couldn’t explain why. Why he couldn’t make a move now was beyond him. They were engaging on small talk, and his current intentions went unnoticed to her.

Sometimes Youngjae would move his hand closer to hers, but would only catch the wind as he didn’t have the courage to hold hers. She had already confessed her mutual feelings to him, but he felt so nervous to just make a small move to get her closer to his side. Is not like it was the first time he had held her hand before, but of course at that time they were just friends and it was just an ecstatic moment.

In a second, the sequence of events changed when accidentally his hand caressed hers. Both their hearts beat crazily, but only small giggles escaped her lips as she neared her hand to his. He took it as a permission to take the next step, and he finally laced his fingers with hers.

The feeling was perfect as they tightened their grip and walked closer than they were before. Suddenly they were both quiet, but the silence was very comfortable and their smiles couldn’t be erased even if they tried.

Taking the unsuspecting Youngjae by surprise, she leaned her head on his soft shoulder and her other hand lied on his arm encircling it.

“Am I comfortable to lean to?” –He joked, but he wanted her to stay as long as she wanted.

She first hummed in response and snuggled closer to him, taking the warmth that contrasted with the cold weather that fell upon them. “Yes. You’re very squishy; I can see myself taking naps on your arm often.”

Youngjae, feeling self conscious looked away hiding his red cheeks, and pretended to be offended by her statement.

“I am not squishy…”

“Yes you are. Your arms are really soft…” –She chuckled to Youngjae’s reaction. The boy couldn’t even look at her, he felt very flustered. –“I like it.”

Although he was feeling a bit unconfident about himself for her playful comment, Youngjae’s heart softened afterwards allowing her to lay her head comfortably in his arm as they made their way to school.

 

--

 

They walked past the fountain, also known as Youngjae’s ideal place for the confession, but due to the past day’s events that didn’t happen as he wanted. Seeing that they were still right on time, Youngjae got an idea and grasped on the opportunity. He changed their direction as he walked her towards the structure.

“Where are we going?” –She asked curiously, sometimes he became impossible to read. There were times he was just so full of surprises.

Youngjae only smiled and kept walking until they reached the spot right before the fountain. The water falling was causing a small breeze that made bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter