Chapter 43

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy Long update~! :)

Chapter 43

 

Daehyun and Sunhwa were walking hand in hand towards the cafeteria, that was until they spotted a rather depressed Youngjae with his body practically shoved in the locker.

"What's wrong with him now? He's been depressed much lately." -Sunhwa commented with a concerned tone.

Daehyun knew what could be the reason for his buddy's slump, but he decided to have the talk in private.

"I'm going to talk to him now. I'll catch up with you in the cafeteria, aight?" -Daehyun turned to her and she nodded.

"Don't take too long okay?"        

Daehyun kissed her forehead and ushered her to her destination with a big smile. He then shook his head as he glanced again at his friend who resembled an ostrich from his point of view.

He walked towards him and patted on his back.

"Get your head out of there man. People are staring." -Daehyun crossed his arms and his eyes never left his friend.

"Let them stare, for all I care." -Youngjae said his voice muffled for the position he was.

Daehyun took a deep breath and took a hold of Youngjae's blazer and pulled him out.

"What happened now?"

Youngjae shook Daehyun's hand off him and turned his head towards the locker.

"It has to do with her again, right?"-Daehyun interpreted Youngjae's silence rather well.

He was expecting the worse judging from Youngjae's expression.

"The middle school boy again?"

Youngjae shook his head and huffed.

"Then what happened that you're like this?"

The boy glanced at Daehyun. "She only sees me as a friend. That's the only thing she's only seen me as. I knew I shouldn’t have expected anything else."

Daehyun became confused with that, it contradicted what he had heard earlier from the girl’s lips itself. Although he had only accidentally heard the last part he was sure that he heard his friend’s name being mentioned.

"Did you get to confess? Did she tell you she only wants to be friends?" –He asked just for the sake of confirming before saying anything wrong.

"No."

"Then how do you know?" -Daehyun creased his eyebrows.

Youngjae after sighing proceeded to tell him what had happened. Daehyun rolled his eyes at the oblivious boy.

"I think I give you more credit for being smart than you deserve sometimes."

Youngjae turned rather offended because of his friend's harsh words.

"What the heck are you saying?"

"Dude. How do you expect a girl you haven't even confessed to properly to say you're dating, when you haven't even told her how you feel about her now or even asked her out on a date?" -Daehyun paused to make the other male think about it. -"Of course she's going to say you're only friends. Get it together. You are not dating!"

Youngjae was about to speak but Daehyun cut him off.

"You're over reacting for nothing. Just because she said you're just friends, doesn't mean there's no chance she might feel the same way you feel about her."

Youngjae felt his hopes get back up slowly due to his advice. Although Daehyun was sometimes harsh he was really thankful to have such a supportive and straightforward friend like him.

"So what should I do?" -Youngjae knew exactly what to do, but he wanted to confirm he would take the right step.

"Ask her out. Confess. Spill your heart to her... Stop wondering and just go to her!" -Daehyun put his arm around his friend's shoulder. -"I'm going to give you my word Jae. I know her and from what I've seen... I think you’re stepping back for nothing. Go get her!"

Although he knew more than he should, he chose to keep what he knew from Youngjae, and let him find out for himself. His friend had to really step out, let the fear go and build up the confidence he used to have when he was younger.

 

--

 

It was almost your turn to order in the cafeteria and you waited patiently for your turn. Before it was time for you to order, you carefully eyed the foods before you. Although you had lost your appetite because of the issue that held your mind, you learned from past experience not to let your mind take charge in that matter.

Just as you had distracted yourself with the food, you felt someone peek by you. It startled you a bit when you turned to a smiling Sunhwa.

"What looks yummy?" -She beamed.

You smiled at her and turned again to the foods. "I haven't chosen yet."

"Me neither, but everything looks so good."

She was trying to small talk, you were aware of that so you followed her little mimic.

"Do you happen to know if Sarah's around?"

She looked up thoughtfully before replying. "I think Mrs. Choi wanted to talk to her after class."

You hummed in response and suddenly she clung into your arm which surprised you.

"Let's order together, shall we? I'll pay!" She offered.

You shook your head which made her pout slightly. "Is alright, you don't have to do that Sunhwa. I can pay for my own. But thanks…"

She stumped her foot and her tone turned to a stern yet friendly one. "I want to! Come on!"

She dragged you to the ordering place and made you take your order and she took hers. Then after repeatedly declining her offer, as the insistent girl she usually is, she paid for both your orders. Not the tenth times you tried to avoid her paying could stop her. Just like the clingy Sunhwa you had met then...

The glimpse of the Sunhwa who showed her concern and care of you kept appearing before you. Even when you were already eating, she even put a small portion of her food on your plate.

"You're working really hard lately. You need your nutrition, eat it all!"

You had already given up in declining, and just bowed accepting her kindness. The conversation with her was quite animated, and her personality was slowly growing on you. It wasn't really as annoying as you found it the first time. To be honest, I don't think it bothers me at all. I think I can get used to this.

 

--

 

“Look who we have here…” –Daehyun walked over with Youngjae who stiffened out of the nerves at the sight of one of the girls in the table as they approached it. -“We didn’t interrupt anything, now did we?”

He surreptitiously glanced at Sunhwa who immediately caught a hint of his unspoken plan.

“Not at all… Join us!” –Sunhwa gestured at the seats in front of them, and Daehyun quickly sat in front of Sunhwa leaving no choice to Youngjae but to sit in front of the other girl who was as nervous or perhaps even more nervous than him.

Sunhwa eyed the awkward couple, or as she better thought of, the ‘stiff couple’ next to them, and then looked back at Daehyun who was eagerly trying to get her attention right before she set her eyes in her food. She nodded at his subtle instruction and hurried to eat.

As for the other girl and Youngjae, they had their attention in their food as they slowly ate, or rather poked it, not really noticing the other two. In the little time that passed, Daehyun and Sunh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter