Chapter 42

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long update~ :)
Does this count as a double update? I mean it's been only a couple of days since the last update. 

*I tried* /).(\

I apologize in advance for any mistake. Feel free to point them out, if any, so I can fix them. ^^

 

Chapter 42

 

Sarah walked inside the house, and Zelo was with his head down picking up some leftover trash from the floor. She had sent all the party goers away when she thought was the right moment, not without a warning that is. She sighed and bent over to pick one of the plastic cups that lied before him, making him look up.

 

He did not utter a word, instead kept picking up the remaining garbage from the couch.

“Zelo… You don’t know how much I worry about you.” –She wasn’t expecting him to reply, so she kept speaking. –“You are here away from your family because you’re working to fulfill your dream, right?”

Zelo stopped with his task and turned to her, more than anything else he was expecting her to yell at him and scold him harshly.

“You’re lucky to have a friend like Jongup who did everything to convince his parents to keep you here… Don’t you think that he needs to be respected at least?”

He pressed his lips into a thin line and plumped himself in the couch in defeat.

“You have no idea how hard it is to fit into a place where no one knows you.”

Since he had already spoken up, she sat next to him and decided to listen now to what he had to say.

“I only agreed to this because they said it would help me blend into them. They’ve been my only friends in school. I didn’t know they would do this to me.”

She shook her head and put her hand on his shoulder.

“Do you think a true friend would tell you to do something that will obviously put you in trouble?”

“There must be some kind of misunderstanding noona. I’ve been with them for a while and I never thought they’d be like this… Now they won’t even give me the time of day.” –He put his head down, and Sarah pressed her lips together tightly. She knew how hard it was for boys or girls his age to fit in a new school. Of course many take advantage of this to do whatever they want, such as it was the case.

“Zelo. Many people will come and go in your life. But a true friend will always stay by your side; a real friend will be the one that will accept you no matter what. And they won’t put obstacles for you to pass just so you could be their friends…”

She carefully pulled out a little piece of confetti he had on his hair, and put it back to place as she spoke. He knew her words were true, but he was feeling embarrassed and concerned of how things in school the next day would turn out.

“Does anyone come to mind?”

Sarah saw the way his expression changed through his eyes, and his attention drifted to a photo of him and Jongup, the poor object had suffered the consequences of the ‘small get together’.

“I messed up didn’t I…?” –He sounded regretful.

Sarah’s lips tugged upwards and she picked up the photo frame.

“___-ah and I have been friends for a long time Zelo… But that doesn’t mean that we’ve had it easy between us. We’ve drifted apart, we’ve fought… We’ve stopped talking to each other.” –Zelo looked at Sarah with fascination; he wouldn’t have guessed that from seeing how close the two of you are. –“But the thing is, that we learned how to solve things, we’ve learned to talk it out and forgive each other… It may be hard to admit you were wrong…”

She paused and put the photo up which was dirty and caught his attention.

“But if you value your friendship… You would do anything in your hands possible to clean up the mess.” –With her sleeve she cleaned up the front side of the photo, revealing a clearer image. She held the frame to the younger one, and it didn’t take long for him to know what she meant, and what he had to do.

 

Someone knocked the door, and Sarah having an idea of whom it could be got up to answer, and left a thoughtful Zelo behind.

Sarah opened the door and revealed both you and Youngjae.

“How’s everything?” –You asked quickly.

She ignored the presence of your acquaintance, and had her eyes set on you.

“Don’t worry, I took care of everything.”

“We saw a bunch of kids on our way… Did they leave just now?”

Sarah smiled and nodded. –“I made them clean up most of the mess they made before leaving, I’m sure none of them will dare step into this house for the rest of their lives.”

You chuckled because of her confidence in her words, and she opened the door wider.

“I talked to Zelo already… But do you want to talk to him?”

You nodded and Sarah let you in. Once Zelo spotted the pair at the door, his eyes widened momentarily and he put his head down. He knew one moment or another you'd know about what happened, but he didn't expect for you to come by so soon.

“I’ll be outside noona…” –He got up from the sofa and walked towards the kitchen.

“What happened to him?” –You asked Sarah who just shrugged.

Youngjae narrowed his eyes once he saw what the younger boy had done, and once you said you’d go after him. He took a grasp on your wrist making you stumble.

“I think he wants to be alone ___-ah.”

You looked down to his hand and with the other released it and held his jacket out for him.

“I just want to see if he’s okay.”

You assured him and walked past them. Youngjae bitted his bottom lip and held the jacket in his hands as he watched you go against his will, and Sarah just watched the jealous soul next to her. She didn’t utter a word; she just walked over and took on the task she had left behind.

 

--

You followed behind the younger fellow who left without a word. You could only see his back facing you. He was sitting in the small stairs that lead to the backyard. His had his head down, his eyes straight to his lap. Although he heard your steps he chose to keep quiet, and you respected that.

Slowly you went and sat next to him and kept your eyes looking forward, avoiding eye contact, although with he was making it easier.

Zelo let out a deep sigh and bit his lip before speaking.

“I’m sorry for the trouble noona.”

You set your eyes to him and asked. “Are you okay?”

He looked at you in confusion due to your question.

“Yeah. I’m fine…”

“Good. I’m glad.” –You smiled and he still had his eyes filled with confusion set on you.

“A-aren’t you mad?”

You shook your head. “Mad? No. But I am disappointed. I really expected better from you Zelo.”

He put his head down and muttered another apology.

“But I still forgive you.” –He looked at you and tilted his head. –“Because I know this isn’t really like you.”

Now Zelo’s expression turned into question. And you had many reasons to assure that.

“The Zelo I met when school started at that café… The rebel, careless and troublesome boy you show to be, that isn’t you, now is it?”

He bit the inside of his bottom lip and took a deep breath.

“Zelo, do you think I’m taking time from my schedule to tutor you for my sake?” –You shook your head and tried to meet his eyes. –“Of course not! I’m doing it because I believe in you, and I believe you can accomplish your dream. And I want to help you pass that little obstacle that’s keeping you away. But I can’t do everything for you. I do my part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter