Chapter 36

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Chapter 36

 

 

The wind was the only thing you could feel blowing in your hair. It was quite a windy day, and although you usually didn’t mind the it messing your hair, perhaps it was because of your mood, but you were feeling conscious about it. So you decided to move your hair aside so it wouldn’t get that messy.

As you reached the premises you glanced at the fountain near the entrance and let out a sigh. Even when you believed things would be easier because you had an idea of how things would be like, the uncertainty still lingered in the back of your mind. You shook your head trying to get rid of the thought and walked ahead.

Once you approached your locker, all negative thoughts faded away. Taped to the door there was a rose with a ribbon bow. Before picking it up you looked to both your sides, and seeing there was no one paying any attention to what you were doing you took it and analyzed it closely. It was a beautiful red rose with a white ribbon decorated with small silver glittered hearts. Your heart felt like bursting out from how fast it was beating. Even when the person didn’t leave a note or anything, you knew who left it. You smiled as you smelled it, feeling relieved that maybe he wasn’t angry like you thought so.

Yet, it was just like déjà vu. Again this reminded you so much of when you met Zelo the first time. One moment Youngjae seemed angry with you because of him, and then when the other was out of sight he acted as if nothing happened.

Did he know how these little gestures really made you feel?

You left your thoughts aside and opened your locker to pick up the books and try to forget about it for a while so you could concentrate in your school work.

 

--

 

After the first classes ended, thankfully it was time for lunch break, the time you could finally get away from the stress and hard work, and ironically organize your mind for every task you had left for the afternoon. With your stomach grumbling you quickly walked to the locker to alleviate from the weight of the school books. Not thinking twice you opened the locker, and right before smashing it you remembered the small gift you had received.

Again the same feeling came over you. With a big smile unconsciously spreading in your lips you took the flower out and placed the books in the respective place and put it back into safety. Suddenly, you jumped out of scare when someone pocked your sides. No one else would dare do something like that but Sarah. Your squeal and hop was so amusing to her, that she laughed loudly, even more so when you glared at her.

“Jumpy much?” –She joked and tried to contain her laughter.

“You caught me off guard! What else was I supposed to do?” –You protested, but then just chuckled, Sarah’s laugh became contagious. Plus, there was nothing wrong in laughing about oneself every now and then.

“I had the chance, and I had to grasp it…” –She said dramatically. –“So how are you feeling today?”

She then added sweetly, and remembering of last night’s phone call you turned to her.

“I’m feeling great today!” –You beamed. There was no need to get into detail, Youngjae was obviously not angry at you, or so you were sure of, and Zelo’s little action was just a bygone.

“Great! Then let’s go have lunch together! I am free this afternoon so I am all yours…” –She leaned in the neighbor locker, and when her sight caught onto the flower she leaned up quickly. –“Woah! Who gave you that?”

She took the flower that you had neatly placed from your locker and started to touch the ribbon. You were going to reply, but she beat you to it with her own conclusion and cocked her eyebrow.

“Don’t tell me it was Youngjae… No wonder you seem so happy today!”

Knowing where this was going, you shrugged at her and took the flower to put it back where it was. Then she gave it more thought and added.

“D-Don’t tell me you…” –She opened her eyes widely. –“Got together and didn’t tell me!!”

You put your hand over her lips to avoid her getting any louder and causing any rumors.

“Shh… We are not together…” –You shushed her again before releasing her.

You closed your locker and cleared your throat to continue with your thought.

“I haven’t even told him anything yet… And he hasn’t said anything about it either…” –Sarah glared at you sarcastically and pointed at the locker. –“Except for that… If it’s his… But trust me Sarah, if something did happen… You’d be the first to know.”

She faked a despaired sigh and said. “Fine… I believe you…” –She then pointed her index finger close to your face. –“But he still needs to completely win me over. I am not as easy as your parents.”

You grabbed her finger to move it out of your viewing area. “Don’t try to make yourself so harsh on him Sarah… you like him.” –You said knowing that .

“Who said such a thing!?” –You walked past her with a face of satisfaction and she kept adding. –“I want to make sure he passes my tests before he’s ready for someone that’s too important to me. I can’t let him have you so quickly… He needs to prove himself more.”

You rolled your eyes at your friend’s silliness, although she was in part serious about it. Same old protective Sarah.

 

--

After the classes and meeting you waited patiently on the fountain. You had agreed to meet Youngjae there to walk back home to tutor Zelo who was going to meet you both there. And you were the first to arrive.

Moving your legs t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter