Chapter 29

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Long chapter ahead. Hope you guys like it! :) Chapter 29

 

 

The peaceful silence in her house was disrupted momentarily by a knock in the door. Her mother walked over to it, and after looking out the peep hole she decided to open it.

“Yes?” –She simply said to the young boy.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Park.” –He politely bowed keeping always in mind his manners.

“You came to see ____?” –She said with a slight smile.

It was obvious that the boy was still a little intimidated, and he was trying the most he could to gain their favor.

“Yes, and also to see how you and Mr. Park were doing.”

She chuckled softly. “We’re fine, thanks for asking.” –Glancing down to the books on his hands. -“Did you bring her homework?”

He nodded. “Yes, Sarah was busy, and since I was coming here anyways I thought I’d bring it at once.”

Her mother smiled. “That’s really sweet of you!”

Youngjae felt warm hearted once he heard her answer.

“But thankfully you won’t have to do that from next week on. She’s doing much better now, and she’ll be going back then. I’ll call her now to come down, if you want, go put the books on the study room and wait over in the living room.” –She instructed.

He nodded and she walked up the stairs giving her daughter the notice.

As for Youngjae he went to place the books where her mother had said and walked over to the living room to wait for her.

“Good afternoon Mr. Park.”

Her father looked up from his project and casually said his hello to the boy, whose sight got momentarily lost on the object he was working on.

“Want to sit down?” –He gestured to the seat next to him.

He nodded and thanked him and sat down. The young boy was still looking intently to the object and a small smile drew on his lips.

“You like what you see?” –Mr. Park noticed the boy’s interest.

He nodded eagerly. “I do! It really reminds me of my uncle’s work when I was little.” –He started.

“Really? What’s his name?”

“Yoo Seungbae, he lives in Busan, but he’d often visit us and he always showed me what he’d do and he’d let me help him out.” –Youngjae said leaning in to the table to look closely.

“Seungbae… I can’t believe you two are related... Small world…”

“You know him…?” –Youngjae asked with a beaming smile.

Her dad chuckled, made himself comfortable in the couch and with that a pleasant conversation begun and any old grudge there was, was easily forgotten.

 

--

 

Once your mother told you about the unexpected visit you quickly started to get dressed, it took you a while to get ready. Especially since you wanted to get rid of the last image of yourself Youngjae had seen when he last visited.

You finished getting ready and you walked down the stairs. It surprised you when just halfway down you heard some familiar chuckles coming from the living room. It took you a moment to fall into reality when you saw your father and Youngjae sitting next to each other in the sofa. That’s a good sight to see again…

“Hey!” –You spoke up.

The both of them looked up, and two big smiles spread on their faces.

“Did I interrupt something?” –You asked.

“Not at all, I was just having a nice conversation with Mr. Yoo here… I couldn’t believe he was Seungbae’s nephew, but he sure showed me wrong. He has a good eye for detail alright!”

It made you happy to see your father complimenting Youngjae, instead of being cold towards him. And seeing this gave you one more clear reason on why he seemed to be so close to him in the future.

“So you’re having fun I see.”

“Pretty much!” –Your father replied looking now to Youngjae who had a smile still plastered on his face.

“I’m glad!” –You added. –“Youngjae, mom told me you brought my homework.”

“Yes! I put it in your study room.” –He got up but then said to your father. –“I had a good time helping out sir. But may we continue this next time?”

Your father let out an amused chuckle. “Of course!” –He got up and shook Youngjae’s hand. –“You must come back soon; we got a lot to talk about.”

You looked at the both of them, and Youngjae had his cheeks slightly flustered. But by the look of it, he was feeling much more comfortable than when he met your parents the first time.

“I’ll make sure he comes back another time, dad. Okay?”

Youngjae glanced at you in surprise and then nodded before exchanging a couple of more words and thanks to your father and following you to the study room.

 

“I had never seen my dad let anyone touch any of his works before…”

“Really?” –Although he tried to keep it in, another smile drew on his lips.

You nodded and added. “You must’ve gotten on his soft spot.”

The young boy tried his best to seem casual about it and it brought you joy to see him so happy.

“How are things going so far?” –You changed subject.

“With what?”

“School… The meetings. Did you get the instructions from the drama group yet?”

He shook his head. “Not yet, we were told next week we’d all meet. So far we’ve gone through some basic instructions only.”

You nodded and sat on your desk glancing over at the books he had brought.

“And how’s Sarah’s treating you guys?”

Youngjae sat in one of the spare chairs. “Sarah?” –He to look up and to the side narrowing his eyes perhaps thinking on the right words. –“She’s been… Stressed? I suppose.”

“Stressed… I imagine, she has a lot of work on her shoulders.”

“She’s just a little too strict. She even scolded Sunhwa and Daehyun for arriving a minute late.”

You raised your eyebrow. It didn’t seem logical for her to scold them for something so… trivial; you couldn’t question her leadership skills either. Remembering the countless times you’ve gotten assigned for projects with her, she was always firm and serious of her work, and not even you who were close to her would be saved from a little scolding when deserved. It was even more obvious that she’d be like that over something she actually loved, which was composing, especially when it was for something so important.

“Sarah’s trying to state a point Youngjae.” –He tilted his head. –“She’s being that difficult so she can get the respect she needs. Don’t take it personally though, she’s really sweet.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter