Chapter 27

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 27

 

"You look cute..." -He said smirking, which was obviously his humor speaking since you were in your sleeping clothes, and your hair couldn't possibly make up for it either.

You looked down your cheeks burning red. Youngjae really didn't think you looked as bad as you thought, but you didn't know that. Your mind was only worried about the embarassment of him coming over at this time and facing your protective parents, and also your impulsive decision of going out right before he would give up and leave, which didn't even give you a chance to think this through.

 

“How are you feeling?”

His concerned question made you forget for a little instant about your current state. So you cleared your throat so your voice wouldn’t sound strange, but either way it didn’t help out.

“I’m feeling better… M-my voice is still a little sore from all the coughing. B-but I hope I’ll be able to go to school one of these next days.” –You cleared your throat again and self consciously fixed your 'outfit'.

He giggled softly at your trying to sound normal and he showed you the flowers that he had on his hands. You placed your finger on your chest as you looked down at the flowers and at him.

“Yes these are for you…” –He answered your unspoken question.

You took them and kept them at a distance from your face for obvious reasons.

“I-I guess I should’ve given it a little more thought on bringing you flowers…” –He said rubbing his neck looking away embarrassed.

“It’s okay… I love them…” –You said despite the fact that you couldn’t really admire them or smell them from up close. –“I see you have a thing for roses…”

He let out a nervous chuckle. “I-I just thought they were beautiful… B-but if you don’t like them…” –He kept on stuttering and it made you feel terrible.

It was already bad enough that your parents had made him feel bad about coming over, you didn’t want him to feel rejected.

“No! No… Is not that… I love them… I really do… I-I will put them on water to preserve them…” –Now you were the one stuttering. –“Thanks…”

You cleared your throat and looked at the books he had on hand.

“Homework?” –You asked sadly and he simply nodded. –“Mind coming inside so you can put those down?”

He looked over at the door and cleared . “Will your parents mind? I-I mean… They seemed pretty angry earlier…”

“I’m sorry for my parents… They can be really…” –You began but he finished the sentence.

“Protective. It's okay...”

He smiled and you let out the rest of her breath out in relief. Youngjae was already aware on why your parents had tried to kick him out once he greeted himself. By the way you used to treat him, it wasn’t hard for him to figure it out. He was now only worried on how they would react if he came in.

“I’ll talk to them… Don’t worry much.” –You said as you begun to walk in and he followed.  –“My study room is right over there in the next room, go there and I’ll be right there with you after I put these away.”

He just nodded and followed instructions. When you came into the kitchen looking for a flowerpot, you found yourself face to face with two concerned and somehow angry parents.

“Explain yourself.” –Your father crossed his arms.

You let out a nervous chuckle and cleared your throat. It was truly intimidating having your parents glare at you that way. You sort of missed on how much they loved Youngjae years from then, but you knew that in between there was much work and time spent together involved.

“I-I guess I forgot to tell you…” –You begun. –“Youngjae and I made up…?”

Your mother tilted her head. “And why you didn’t tell us before? We intimidated the poor boy.”  She was a lot more compassionate than your father who instead of softening his glare was becoming more intense towards you.

“No, no. How can you be in good terms if not so long ago you hated his guts! You specifically told me to keep him away from you!” –He raised his voice.

You shushed him and let out a breath. “Please calm down…” –Though he was justified for acting liked that since you had told him to protect you from him, he needed to understand now that things could change. And they did. –“I-uh… misunderstood him a lot dad. I have gotten to spend time with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter