Chapter 2

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

Lost in your thoughts you let the wind let your hair flow as you walked in the empty sidewalk on the way to your school. There is something about it that makes you feel at ease, not minding the fact that your hair might, or will get messy. It just relieved your stress somehow so you really didn’t mind. You heaved a sigh when your destination was on sight.

It had already passed a week and you began to question if what you lived was real or not. Days passed by slowly and there was still no progress from any side. You could feel Youngjae drifting away slowly, as if he was now afraid to face you or say or do anything wrong, and being honest this brought your mood down. As for the rest, it was pretty much the same.

Or so you thought. Just as you stepped into the hallway something felt different, and it had to do with the murmurs and whispers you kept hearing since you arrived. It could only mean one thing, something big happened.

Feeling the adrenaline rush through your veins made you feel excited, what could cause everyone to be like this from one day to another?

Walking to your locker you met a desperate looking Sarah, which was strange since you’d usually arrive first.

You looked at your watch and approached her. “Woah! You’re here pretty early today!”

Judging by your smile she could tell you didn’t know anything yet.

“Let’s talk.” –She stated simply making you feel uneasy.

The tone she used and those two words in that short sentence instantly made you nervous. Before you could even ask, she dragged you to an empty hallway.

“Sarah what happened? Is everything alright?” –You finally asked.

She stopped and released you, as she turned around you saw how her face was filled with dismay and worry. She took a breath as if she was thinking of the best words to speak.

“Sarah, you’re worrying me, what happened?” –You put your hands on her shoulder to get her to speak.

“I- I just.” –She sighed. –“Sorry, is just that I’m worried of how you’re going to react.”

So it has to do with you. You creased your eyebrows and said confidently.

“Sarah, I know whatever it is I can handle it.”

She nodded regaining her courage to speak. “Alright, you’re eventually going to hear it from another person, but it would be better for you to hear it from me first.”

You could sense she was really struggling to say whatever it was, so you nodded indicating you were ready.

She hesitated but suddenly spat it out.

“Daehyun and Sunhwa are going out.” –She spoke up quickly.

You were left expressionless. Your mouth was left agape as you let that simple sentence sink in. How could you react? In your heart you were feeling happy knowing that that was supposed to happen, which was something positive since you had already begun to lose hope in whether was what you lived was real or not. And at the same time you acknowledged that you’re not supposed to know that.

Then it came to you, Sarah was only struggling to say it because she was truly concerned for you, just that past week the person you used to like had rejected your confession, and now he was dating the person you used to hate. All you want is for things to go as they should, but you need to let her know how you really feel about this Daehyun issue.

“I don’t know when did this happen, I-I just got the message this morning, and I only thought on how you would feel about it.”

She was feeling sorrier than what you were supposed to. Her worry was justified; he was after all the guy you were crushing on since middle school that rejected you just a week ago. So you couldn’t get frustrated when she got mad at him for treating you as if nothing happened, or for having so much concern about your feelings.

“Sarah, it’s okay! Things like this happen all the time!”

She tilted her head and you smiled reassuringly.

“You know, for all we could know, they could’ve liked each other for a while now. And honestly, I preferred for him to be honest with me and take down my rejection, than having him accepting my confession, when he really didn’t feel like it. That would’ve hurt more.”

“But, Sunhwa… Why her of all the people? You are so much better than her…!”

You internally chuckled, that’s exactly what you asked yourself when you knew they were together in the future.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter