Chapter 17

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 17

 

Youngjae dabbed on her forehead a wet cloth. She wasn’t awake yet, but she was cold and trembling.

“She’s going to be okay… It seems like her blood sugar levels were low. She’ll wake up after a while.” –The nurse said as she disposed of some of the used equipment and gloves.

The nurse eyed him who was still carefully watching over her. “I’ll request the catering to send in here dinner in advance, okay?”

Youngjae put the cloth in the table and looked over at the nurse. “Thank you. I’ll keep an eye on her in the meanwhile.”

“Don’t worry too much; she needs all the rest she can get… But she’ll wake up soon.”

The nurse smiled and left the room. Youngjae sighed and looked back at the girl who was lying on the bed, she looked peaceful, but it worried him that she kept trembling. What the nurse had said could only mean that she wasn’t eating well in a while, or perhaps even skipping meals. He thought about that same day at the morning when he helped her put her bag up on the bus, she seemed out of it. She sure wasn’t acting like before from some time until then.

Her hand moved a little, and that caught his attention. He was about to put his hand on hers but a voice startled him.

 

 “Youngjae…?”-A voice made him jump on his seat.

He cleared and felt his face burn.

“Sunhwa? What are you doing here?”

 “How’s ____-ah?” –She worriedly asked.

 “She still hasn’t woken up… But the nurse said she’ll wake up any time now. She has a low blood sugar levels… The nurse already treated her, but she’ll bring in dinner in a while.”

“She already let me know that last part just a little while ago, but dinner won’t be ready at least for an hour or so, but I brought this…” –Sunhwa held out a couple of sweet snacks to him.

Youngjae in disbelief eyed the food in her hand and also at her. She was putting an effort on leaving her pride aside this time.

“Are you going to take it or not?” –She said sternly seeing his dumbfounded face.

“T-Thanks…” –He finally took it from her.

Sunhwa eyed the girl in the bed apologetically and back at Youngjae.

“You don’t have to tell her I came by, just give it to her.” –She said before quickly backing out and leaving the room.

Youngjae was still taken a little by surprise by Sunhwa’s attitude, he looked at the snacks she brought and shaking his head he put them in the table beside the bed before turning back to the girl on the bed.

He looked at her hand that was still moving, and hesitating a little, he took a loose hold of hers. She had moved her face and was now sideways facing him. With his other hand he moved the hair that fell to her face to help a little with the sweating that was now lessening. He wiped it and smiled at her sleeping face.

“That’s quite a scare you gave me…” –He whispered as he caressed her forehead.

That view in front of him was a little too appealing. It had already been hard for him to be friends with the girl he loved; now he had this moment with her right in front of him. He pressed his lips into a thin line and felt his heartbeat grow when he got the idea. He thought it back and back again if it would be alright or not, but after all, she was sleeping at the moment and she could wake up anytime. He looked back quickly making sure there was no one there, and slowly he leaned forward and pressed his lips on her forehead.

She shifted a bit, but then just heaved a sigh and kept on sleeping. Youngjae smiled a little, and took once again a hold of her hand and gave it a squish taking it he kissed it softly.

“I hope you wake up soon…”

 

 

 

 

--

 

“I-I can’t believe this…”

You heard Sarah’s voice, her tone indicated sadness. There was faint music being heard from behind adding to the scene.

“What’s wrong…? W-what happened?” –You stuttered, but your heartbeats were strong almost as if you knew what was wrong already.

However, Sarah didn’t answer, so you approached her. When you got a better view you saw her guitar on her lap. You put your hand on your chest, and the other one in your lips holding a gasp.

Who would do suc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter