Chapter 15

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 15

 

Sarah and Youngjae were enjoying the snacks Yeon Ae’s mother had prepared and having a nice chat as they ate.

“Thanks Mrs. Min! This is delicious!” –Youngjae spoke as he munched on the food.

She chuckled and walked to the refrigerator. “Is nothing! But if you’re still hungry I got some cupcakes right here.” –She took the small tray filled with cupcakes and put them on the table.

“Cupcakes!” –Sarah beamed. –“I’m going to see if ____-ah wants one. May I bring it up to her Mrs. Min?”

She nodded and Sarah took one knowing how much you loved the little cakes. Sarah walked up the rugged stairs and made her way near the room, until she heard Yeon Ae’s voice.

“…confessed to him yet?”

That’s all she caught from the question. She was about to step back, but then she heard you answer.

“No. Not yet.”

She knew very well that was your serious tone and she felt concerned. Who could she be talking about? After all you had said you had already confessed to Daehyun a while ago.

“I was really hoping to see you two get together soon. I saw the way you looked at each other earlier when we were singing.”

Sarah’s eyes widened. She had had her suspicions, but it couldn’t be true. Her friend couldn’t like him and not have told her, especially when she hated him not so long ago. However, her doubts were soon cleared when you replied.

“Yeon Ae.” –She noticed when your tone suddenly hushed a little so she leaned closer to the door without being exposed. –“Is not the time still. Just a little bit longer, I’m not sure when, but just a little bit more.”

She pressed her lips into a thin line, and she steadied her breathing trying not to be heard.

“____. Don’t wait too long; it may not be the right thing to wait so much.”

Sarah rested her body sideways on the wall; her mood had dropped right to the floor.

“I-I’m… Not going to wait too long. I’m just waiting for the right time. I know already he’s the one… But I don’t want to mess this up. You may not understand me now, but I assure you Yeon Ae, I won’t hurt him.”

She sighed silently shutting her eyes still holding on to the cupcake she had brought. I really don’t understand… This can’t be. No way… She thought. But her thoughts were trailed off when someone placed their hand on her shoulder making her jump a little.

“Are you okay Sarah?” –Youngjae asked her.

Differently than other times, Sarah didn’t glare at him nor ignore him. She nodded and entered the room.

“____-ah.”

The two girls that were sitting on the bed looked towards the door to where Sarah was coming.

 

She held out the cupcake to you. She wasn’t smiling nor frowning. Sarah’s expression was simply dry and cold.

“Is getting late, we should leave.” –Sarah said coldly.

You took the cupcake from her and she turned to pick up her back pack and walked out the room where Youngjae was standing with the same confused expression as the two of you.

--

 

“We’re going to miss you so much Yeon Ae.” –You said as you hugged her tight in the front door.

“I’m going to miss you too ____. Thanks for helping me. Things would be so different if it wasn’t for you.”

You let go and saw her tearful eyes. “I already told you, it was nothing. You already have my number, so if you ever need advice or anything else, don’t hesitate to call.”

She nodded and soon it came Youngjae’s turn to say goodbye. He seemed really sad at the moment. Youngjae stood in front of Yeon Ae and he began.

“Yeon Ae, don’t forget everything _____-ah and I taught you in this time.” –He confidently said making Yeon Ae smile. –“Also you must take good care of yourself and Mrs. Min.” –He turned to Mrs. Min who seemed to have taken a liking to Youngjae. –“And don’t forget to study hard Yeon Ae, and if you feel pressured or you just miss us, don’t forget to give us a call.”

“Of course… Oppa.” –She took Youngjae by surprise when she embraced him. –“And thanks for being my first friend here.”

You did your best to hold back your tears at the touching moment. It was the same for him though. Sarah was standing right next to Yeon Ae and Youngjae who had let go. Yeon Ae looked over at her and grinned a little. You were a little concerned because of how Sarah was acting before, but it seemed like whatever was bothering her before was forgotten momentarily. She approached Yeon Ae and ruffled her hair and gave her a slight smile.

“It was nice having you with us Yeon Ae. But you are still coming over for the finals right?” –Sarah asked.

Yeon Ae nodded. “Yeah, I will. I’m leaving the week after the finals.”

Sarah approached Yeon Ae even more and gave her a tight hug. “Even if you’re leaving after this week, we wish you the best where ever you are Yeon Ae. We won’t forget you…”

 

 

--

 

The three of you after that heartfelt visit, walked together towards the bus stop. You were next to Sarah who was wearing her sunglasses. Her mood had changed drastically after her goodbye with Yeon Ae and it was worrying you.

“Sarah, why are you wearing that? Is already getting dark.” –You amusedly asked.

Instead of getting a response she just shrugged and hurried her steps walking ahead of you. Taken aback by her action you stopped and starred worriedly at her back. Sighing you walked slowly behind her, Youngjae taking this chance to walk next to you.

“Everything okay with her?” –He asked waking you from your ‘trance.’

“Yeah… She must be a bit sad about Yeon Ae.” –You said taking a guess on why she was acting like that.

“I know I am too. But I know she’ll be fine wherever she goes.”

You nodded agreeing. “I know that too.”

A small silence overcame you, along with the soft breeze and his company, it was comforting. But that changed when he started another conversation.

“So…” –He began.

His tone seemed playful so you were wondering what he was going to come with. Some things never changed at all.

“So… What?” –You said looking up at him.

“How come you didn’t sing with us earlier?” –He asked.

You hummed and shook your head. “I can’t sing for a living Youngjae. I leave that to you guys.”

He looked down at you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter