Chapter 33

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Author’s POV*

“Bang Yong Guk, did you kill Chin Ho and Ji Ho?” The interrogator asked him again.

“No, I did not.” Yong Guk gave the same answer he has been giving for the past few hours.

“We’ve received a tip from a witness that they saw you killed both JI Ho and Chin Ho.” The interrogator said forcibly. He was so convinced that Yong Guk was the killer but he hasn’t fessed up yet. He didn’t know when Yong Guk would crack.

“I wasn’t responsible for their deaths.” Yong Guk said blankly. He knew who had done this. Kang Dae was the one that shot Chin Ho and it had to be him that killed Ji Ho. “I know Ji Ho died but I wasn’t the cause of it.”

The officer sighed. “Fine, what about your illegal activities? We know you’re somehow involved with the arrests of nine of the most wanted criminals.” Yong Guk didn’t even flinch when his biggest secret was found out.

“I admit to that, but I have nothing to do with Chin Ho’s and Ji Ho’s deaths.”

“What about the other five boys we found in your home?”

“They have no idea what I have been doing. They are only my bodyguards.” The officers said they had incriminating evidence on Yong Guk but they didn’t have anything on the boys. He can get them out of here scotch free.

“And the girl?”

“She was someone I kidnapped, she was the victim.” Yong Guk answered again without flinching or showing he was lying. Na Ri had been through too much and he needed to protect her. He can at least try to keep his promise to her this way.

“Before you ask me anymore questions, I want a lawyer.”

*Na Ri’s POV*

I was given a safe place to stay while Bang was in jail and it has been mayhem. Every single person on TV was talking about how the CEO of Bang Industries had been arrested for murder and lots of other law breaking acts.

There were clips of people protesting in front of the building where the trial was going to take place. There were people who were asking for Bang to be released since he had done nothing wrong and others who are telling them to put away the criminal. His company has been suffering from the bad press and everything seemed to be falling apart for him.

The trial has been covered nationwide. Everyone was talking about it. Since the trials and crimes were so complicated, it has been ongoing for the past week. I have kept up with it and each day, I felt my anger towards Bang lessen more and more. Each day, I saw how gaunt he looked and I couldn’t help but feel bad for him. I know I shouldn't but it so happened to turn out that way. 

The prosecutors wanted to pin the deaths of my brother and Oh Ji Ho on him but because there was no evidence except for an anonymous caller, they couldn’t persuade the people to believe that. 

My mind wandered back to what he said the night the police stormed into the mansion. I knew what he was doing as soon as he said those words. He was trying to protect me, to make sure I wasn’t going to be implicated in his crimes. He was such a fool, even after everything I have said to him, he still did that. He could be spending more time in prison just for adding another count of kidnapping to his list of ‘crimes’.

And he even said to trust him. I have done nothing but trust him the entire time I was with him. And each time, I felt like my trust was taken for granted. But, Bang has changed, I know that for sure.

Everything is just…frustrating.

I continued to watch TV when the people’s screaming got louder.

“He did what the police couldn’t do! I felt safer when he was the one catching the criminals!” A woman yelled in defense of Bang.

“He is a threat himself! What kind of country would we be if we allowed people to walk around taking matters in their own hands?!” A man yelled back and I recognized the similarities in our thoughts. That’s almost the same thing I first yelled at Bang for and I still don’t know why he did what he did. I only got so used to it because I got to know the real Bang, he wasn’t a monster nor was he evil. Where did I stand in this? Did I want to see Bang go to jail? Or did I want him to be free?

And I had this longing feeling and it didn’t take long for me to realize that I missed him and I missed the boys. I missed having people around. I missed having people there for me to care for.

My ringing phone broke me from my thoughts.

“Hello?”

“Ms. Kim Na Ri?”

“Yes?”

“I am calling on behalf of Prosecutor Han to ask you if you would come testify tomorrow.”

“Against Bang Yong Guk?”

“Yes ma’am.”

*Author’s POV*

It was the day of the trial and Yong Guk sat waiting. He should be nervous but he didn’t feel that way at all. Maybe it was about time his real self was shown to the world. He needed to make sure everyone knew why he did what he did. The system of Korea needs to change and he was the example as to why.

“Yong Guk, do you want anything to drink before you go in?” His lawyer asked him. He hired the most expensive and known lawyer he knew but he had a feeling that the best he could do was to get himself a reduced sentence. He was planning to plead guilty anyway.

“Can I get tea?” Ever since Na Ri made him tea, he became hooked on it. Replacing his usual coffee with the healthier drink. He didn’t know if it was because he had grown accustomed to the taste or he only liked it because Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter