Chapter 30

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guess who I find when I wake up.

“Bang, wake up.” I nudged him. His alarm was blaring beside him and he hasn’t budged. “Bang, you have to get up for work.” I groggily said, still shaking his arm. He whined and pulled me into one of his usual hugs. I groan and reach over his body to shut the alarm off. “Bang, you have been skipping out on work more often recently.”

“Say my name correctly.” He mumbled into my neck with his eyes still closed.

“Yong Guk, wake up.” I shook his shoulders but he doesn’t loosen his grip around me. “I can’t get paid if you don’t get paid.” I joked and he lifted his head to look down at me. I don’t know how to explain our relationship and Bang hasn’t really, really confirmed it for me.

“Fine, but tonight you’re going somewhere with me.” He said while getting up from bed.

“Where?” I sat up and watched him maneuver into the bathroom.

“A company event.” He smiled. “Everything you need for tonight is right there.” He pointed over to the corner and I saw bags lined up, ready for me to dig through them.

***

There was something definitely going on with Bang, he has been hanging out with me more and spending as much time as he can with me. Like he knew he wouldn’t be seeing me much. Which was impossible…we live together.

Bang helped me step out of the car while Him Chan drove the car away to park it. I was adorned in a long white dress with a sweetheart neckline. My hair was in a low bun and I had on these heels that tempted me to fall every time I took a step. I held onto Bang as he put on a smile to please the reporters.

It seems that the boys never left Bang’s side either. Apparently, they were known as his bodyguards. And I’ll give them credit, that’s a great cover for what they do behind the scenes.

“Hi Yong Guk!” An older man made his way over after we stepped foot into the hall where the event was being held.

“Nice to see you, Mr. Yoon.” Bang answered back politely. Mr. Yoon laughed and patted Bang’s back. “Great and I see you have a lovely lady with you.”

I looked up at the man and Bang took the initiative to introduce me. “This Na Ri, my girlfriend.” It was the first time ever that Bang cleared up our relationship. He smiled down at me and I blinked back from my thoughts.

“Oh! Nice to meet you.” I reached my hand out to shake Mr. Yoon’s hand.

“So Bachelor Mr. Bang is no more.” He chuckled and shook my hand. Our conversation was interrupted when his attention was called to be elsewhere. We walked towards our table and I looked over at Bang. “You didn’t even discuss this with me.”

He chuckled and leaned in to give me a peck on the lips. “It was already implied.” I gaped at him and he turned to face the stage. The event started and it was filled with boring talks about the expansion of Bang’s company and blah blah blah. All I was focused on was the person sitting next to me. How far have we come?

***

The two next weeks or so, everything was quiet and our normal routine was coming back. My body has regained back its strength and all the injuries have been healed.  But I still haven’t totally been oblivious to how Bang was acting. He tried to be normal around me but I knew he was stressed out. I would give him his tea and we would talk but he never touched on what was bothering him so I decided to leave it alone.

Besides that, Bang sleeping in the same bed as me has also become routine. And the teasing that followed it also had become normal daily life.

This morning Bang had woken up before I did and had already left. My attention was taken away when the door to my bedroom opened…ignoring the fact that there were NO knocks.

“Well well well, how did I know it was you.” I watched as Daehyun walked in and made himself comfortable on my bed. He narrowed his eyes at me. “When are you going to stop being lazy and get up from bed?”

“I’m not leaving.” I flopped back down and wrapped the blanket around myself.

He pulled at it. “Come on get up.” He whined and I refused to budge. He stopped and looked down at my unmoving figure. “You won’t leave even if I tell you that Halmeoni had woken up two weeks ago and you still haven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter