Chapter 3

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took careful steps towards the door and as I reached for it, it opened suddenly and I stumbled inside. My eyes that were fixed on the floor, flickered up towards the person standing next to me. He didn’t react, flinch - nothing at all. I straighten up and he nods for me to look straight ahead. In front of me stood a man in a suit, he was the complete opposite compared to the boys next to him. Including the one that led me in, they were all dressed in sweats. My eyes land on a boy that had to be around Chin Ho’s age and I stare a little longer than I should have. He was pale and from my experiences, I could tell he was in no shape to be here right now.

“Na Ri, you came...in your scrubs and everything.” The man broke into a gummy smile.

My brows furrowed upon seeing his face. Doesn’t he look kind of familiar?

At the sudden recognition, a gasp leaves my lips. “You! You’re that...that ‘Bang’ guy!” I point and shook my finger at him. What was going on?

“Is she slow or something?” One of the guys next to Bang asked him.

“Aren't you a smartass…” I was so ready to charge at him when something caught my eye. There lying on the floor was Chin Ho, all tied up. So, I directed my anger at him next. “Hey! Kim Chin Ho! Why do you keep doing this to me? Do you want me to leave you here!”

“Noona! Stop yelling at me and help me out!” Chin Ho yelled back.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. I’ll deal with him when we get home.

“Mr. Bang, I’m here to pick up that stupid brother of mine, so if you would please untie him.” I calmly said.

Bang laughed to add to my irritation. “You didn’t think it was that easy, did you?” A smirk was still on his face and I could see Chin Ho roll his eyes at me in the corner.

I have always had a short temper, but I had to hold back this time. “So, what is it you want?” I asked through gritted teeth. “Money? I’m sorry, I only have five cents in my pocket and currently a negative balance of ten dollars in my bank account.” I shrug my shoulders.

“Noona!” Chin Ho whispered loudly and shook his head at me, wordlessly telling me to shut up. 

Yet, I’m going to do what I want.

“You’re not gonna get anything from us, we have nothing you would want.” I was trying to get it over and done with. If they wanted ransom they should know now that they had picked broke people to harass.

Bang laughed again.

I really didn’t know I was that funny. That really is irritating. I just wanted to go home and kick the out of Chin Ho for getting us in such a bad situation. This has to top all the other times.

“I don’t think you understand your position right now.” Bang continued and nodded towards his boys. Two left his side and went towards Chin Ho and picked him up off the floor before dragging him over so that he could stand up next to Bang.

Having the boy beside him, Bang suddenly turns and punches Chin Ho in his stomach. Due to the impact, the young boy hunches over and coughs while the two individuals continue holding him up. 

“Hey! Don’t you dare touch him like that!” I took a step closer only for the boys behind Bang to do the same.

“Do you understand now? We have the upper hand so shut your mouth and listen.” Bang ordered, his face now emptied of a smile.

I bit the inside of my mouth. “I don’t think you understand. Should someone who is in the public eye do something this illegal?” I asked Bang and his eyes widened, surprised by my behavior. “You could risk a lot by getting involved in kidnapping, assault, and making threats. You could risk something like that company of yours.” I don't know what he was expecting but I was going to stand my ground.

“Let me teach her a lesson.” The smartass from earlier took a step forward but Bang placed his arm out to stop him. “Him Chan, just stay back.”

Bang focuses his attention back on me. “I can kill you both right now and no one would know.”

Chin Ho eyes widened at the threat. “Hyung! I won’t leave, so don’t hurt noona.” He pleaded.

My head snapped towards my brother, curious by his choice of words. “Leave?”

“Your brother was trying to leave this whole thing.” Bang waved his arms around him. “But… no one can just leave.” 

“My brother can’t be that helpful. He’s a bumbling idiot that couldn’t even finish high school. If anything, you’re doing yourself a favor by letting him go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter