Chapter 25

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: The story starts out as a flashback from the previous chapter. I hope it doesn't cause any confusion. :D

 

“Let’s go home.” Yong Guk nodded for the boys to follow after him. They had to go meet some people today but none of their informants were able to find the whereabouts of Oh Ji Ho.

The group head out to the car waiting outside in silence.

It wasn’t quite obvious but the boys noticed that Him Chan and Yong Guk have been avoiding each other all day. Not one had said a word to the other. The other boys knew better than to interfere so the only option was to keep their lips sealed.

Once opening the door to the home, they were met with complete stillness. “Na Ri!” Yong Guk called out. He had a troubling feeling and called out again. “Na Ri!” Just like the first time, no one answered the call. Yong Guk felt himself get nervous. The ringing of his phone interrupted his spinning thoughts and he pulled it out. It was a number he didn’t recognized and it urged him to answer.

“Hello?”

“Yong Guk.”

Yong Guk knew that voice. It has been long but he would never forget the face that automatically flashed through his mind. The last time his name was mentioned, it was a passing rumor. But, it was different hearing him directly.

“Kang Dae.” He growled into the phone. The boys snapped their head up and looked at the oldest in surprised. Did Yong Guk just utter the name that they thought they heard? Yet, it was no mistake and they knew so.

“I met someone interesting today.” Kang Dae’s voice came over calm, unaffected by Yong Guk’s rising anger. He couldn’t have sounded so nonchalant about it. Like it was normal for him to call Yong Guk out of the blue.

“Kang Dae, what do you want?” Yong Guk couldn’t control the anger that started to take root within him. He was feeling nervous from the fact that Na Ri was nowhere to be seen and angry about the fact that Kang Dae easily found his number and they are now talking, after so many years.

“You know, it was easy to draw her out. And might I add, Na Ri is a really pretty girl and very kind, no wonder why you still keep her around.”

That was it.

That was the last straw.

“Don’t you touch her.” Yong Guk knew not to let his emotions control him but he so easily succumbed to it when Na Ri’s name was mentioned.

“Yong Guk, you have no say. I am only living up to my promise.” His tone turned scornful. “Did you already forget my promise to you? I need to make you feel how I felt all these years when Min Kyung was taken from me.”

“Her death was no one’s fault.” Yong Guk answered angrily.

“Bull! I will take everyone from you and you should be sure to know that I will successfully carry it out.”

“Leave Na Ri out of this.” Yong Guk demanded. He knew full well that Kang Dae will stop at nothing to do what he promised. After all, he had already fulfilled one of his promises two years ago, when his sister was taken from him.

“Don’t worry, I haven’t done anything yet. I just introduced myself today.”  Yong Guk heard Kang Dae chuckling on the other end. “Well, it was nice talking to you.”

“You listen to me, Kang Dae –“ Yong Guk stopped when he heard the other end click. He threw the phone aside and cursed loudly.

“What did he say?” Him Chan broke the silence. “What about Na Ri?”

Yong Guk ignored him. He needed to get his thoughts together. Kang Dae didn’t have Na Ri but where did they meet?

But, did it matter? He had told her not to leave the house and she still did. He wasn’t going to let this incident slide easily. Now that Kang Dae knew how to find Na Ri, he couldn’t let her continue to do what she wanted. Not if he wanted her to be safe. His thoughts were interrupted by the opening of the front door. Na Ri walked in with a confused face but she also knew she was in trouble by the way she held her hands in front of her and avoided Yong Guk’s eyes. He was relieved to see her but the anger definitely overshadowed his care.

He couldn’t stop the words that were coming out of his mouth. He couldn’t stop the anger that kept building, even when he noticed how hard she wanted to explain it to him. He didn’t want to hear it, he knew he would hesitate if he listened to what she needed to say and he didn’t want to soften up, he needed to be the cold Bang Yong Guk.

He didn’t even know what he did until he pulled out the key to the bedroom and locked the door. He ignored her pleas for him to unlock it and walked into his study. Didn’t she understand that this was his way of protecting her? To keep her safe?

***

I can’t believe this is happening. I can’t believe Bang actually locked me in this bedroom. And I can’t believe how angry I was standing here. Did he think I left the house for my own amusement and enjoyment? Why does he ignore the circumstances and rely only on his own way of thinking? Halmeoni has just stabilized and I haven’t gotten over that yet and now I have to deal with his tantrum that led me to being locked in the room. I am not a child so why is he punishing me like one?

I have only gotten past his controlling personality and actually thought him to be an actual person but after this stunt,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter