Chapter 22

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A gunshot went off and at the same time, Him Chan and I hit the ground. A cry of pain ripped from my throat as my hand went up to clutch my right upper arm. I needed to do whatever to ease the feeling. 

“Na RI!” I ignored Bang’s yelling for me and remembered my initial goal. Biting back the pain, I sat on my knees and grabbed Him Chan, forcing him to sit upright.

I tapped his cheeks a few times. “Him Chan, get it together.” I ordered. Moments prior, realizing that Him Chan’s episode wouldn't be ending soon, I was left with no other choice but to take matters into my own hand. I chose the only obvious option, I tackled him to the ground and hid us behind the couch. With us no longer in the open, I didn’t know where Ji Ho was and I needed Him Chan to come back down to earth.

No more shots for me.

After a few seconds, he finally blinked. “Huh?”

“Just focus back now. Do you know where you are?” I gripped his face so he would pay attention to me and the words I was saying.

“What the are you trying to do!” Another shot rang out when Bang rushed beside us. Bang grabbed my arm to look at it. “Did you get shot!”

“No, it’s just a cut.”

“Let me see - “

“I’m not going to die. But I will if you don’t stop Ji Ho!” I urged him to leave.

Reluctantly, Bang huffed and left.

“Him Chan, you!” I was so mad at him. About the whole situation. He could have died! I took a deep breath, it isn’t the time for this. I will have plenty of time later on to scream his ear off. “It doesn’t matter right now, what matter is - “ More gunshots rang out and I flinched.

“He’s getting to the door!” Daehyun yelled.  Right after, the sound of a slamming door followed and then the door it opened and shut for a second time, signaling that the boys ran after Ji Ho. When it was just silence, I looked over the couch to check the surroundings. Everyone had left and it was just Him Chan and I.

After a few minutes, the door opened again. “Na Ri!” I recognized Bang’s voice and stood up as he made his way back to me. “Get in the car.” He looked over at Him Chan, his features clearly demonstrating his annoyance. “I will deal with you later.”

***

“What the hell is going on with you?” Bang asked Him Chan angrily. Bang had wasted no time to scold Him Chan as soon as we stepped through the door of the home. “How many times has something like this happened?”

He is so ready to punch the living daylights out of Him Chan. Ji Ho had gotten away and now we were left with an angry Bang and an injured me. Him Chan faced forward and took the yelling. I somehow had a feeling that he was used to this by the way he was responding.

The rest of the boys left to their rooms knowing full well that Him Chan was going to get scolded but I couldn’t get myself to leave.

“What are you hiding from me?”

I saw Him Chan froze at the question. “Nothing. I just got scared.” Him Chan looked to the side. “It won’t happen again.”

I gaped at Him Chan. What kind of bull is that? Even after a dangerous incident like this, he was still going to keep it a secret? The fact of the matter was, he wasn’t scared and it was going to happen again. And next time, he may not be as lucky. And I - next time what if I actually eat a bullet?

“You - “

Unable to keep my silence, I cut in. “Bang, stop it. At least no one got hurt.”

“Look at your arm before you say that.” He retorted angrily. I looked down at my sleeve that was colored with red. It looked a lot worse than it actually was. “Go upstairs and wait for me in the health office.” He ordered me.

“Him Chan is going to help me.” I said while staring up at the mentioned man, who looked back down at me in surprise.

“Na Ri…” Bang growled.

“Bang, would you relax?”

“Relax? How can I relax? Ji Ho ing got away, you got injured, and you want me to relax?”

“It’s not a big deal. You found him once then you can find him again.”

Bang stood there staring at me with his hands on his hips. He looked to the side and his lips. I could tell my words did nothing to ease his rage but there’s no point to dwell on it any longer. It has been done and this was the outcome.

I grabbed Him Chan and pulled him with me to the office. “Hey!” Bang yelled after us but it didn’t slow our steps. Once into the office,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter