Chapter 17

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I clasped my hands tightly together, trying to keep myself patient. My eyes remained focused on the door and with my mind busy waiting for Bang. it was easy to ignore Him Chan, who was staring daggers at me through the rearview mirror. I jumped slightly after seeing the warehouse's door open and Bang came walking out. He had always looked so stern and serious and with me already used to seeing him like that, it was strange to detect a hint of worry on his face. I don’t know why but I expected to feel relief when I saw him because I felt like my questions would be answered but now I only felt unsure about everything.

Bang gets into the passenger side and no one says or asks a single question. I knew what they were doing, they didn’t want to risk and bring up anything that they weren’t supposed to because it was obvious that I shouldn’t know anything.

***

The moment we entered the house, it was the same atmosphere like it was in the car. Everyone dispersed and went their own way in silence.

“Noona.”

I found Chin Ho standing up from the couch. “Oh, Chin Ho. You’re already home.” I gave a soft smile.

“Yeah, is everything okay?”

Even Chin Ho caught onto the strange air. “No.” I tried to convince him. “Everyone must be tired.”

“Then, noona, some friends invited me out. Can I go?” I stared at Chin Ho, a little surprised that he even asked. He used to do everything he wanted. Surely, it was noticeable how much Chin Ho has changed. When it took quite a bit of time for me to answer, he was quick to add. “Yong Guk hyung told me to make sure to ask you.”

“He did?” So Bang was keeping his promise in controlling Chin Ho.

Chin Ho nodded.

I smiled. “Have fun.” Chin Ho leaned down and showed me his cheek. “What?”

“Noona, I’m allowing you this time.”

I chuckled knowing what he meant, I quickly gave him a peck. “Be safe.” Chin Ho waved and closed the front door behind him.

I looked around and noticed it was just me in the living room. There wasn’t a reason to stay so I headed up the stairs to my designated room. I opened the door and swiftly dodged the shards on the ground but when I looked down, it was no longer there.

But, I'll save the wonder for another time.

I sigh and let myself fall back into my bed. “What am I going to do?” Bang was usually tight-lipped which meant, getting answers from him is almost impossible.

***

My mind was processing possible solutions when knocks on my bedroom door broke my train of thought.

“Na Ri? Yong Guk hyung wanted to see you an hour ago.” Daehyun peeked his head in.

“What!” I jolted up in a sitting position. “An hour ago?” I could have seen Bang an hour ago?

“I forgot. My mistake.” He sheepishly shrugged his shoulders.

“Is he mad?” I couldn’t risk Bang being in a bad mood. How was I supposed to get answers from him if he was?

“Don’t worry, you have done worse.” He joked and I glared at him.

While walking past him, I couldn't help but miss our intial meeting. “Give back the old Daehyun.” 

He clicked his tongue and provided no other response. I went ahead and moved down the hallway and looked for Bang's usual office. 

I softly knocked on the door and when no one answered, I opened the door slightly. “Bang?” Again, no answer. I slipped inside and silently closed the door when I saw Bang fast asleep with his head on his desk. I creeped closer and saw papers sprawled everywhere, covering every inch of his desk. They were papers that he needed to sign and packets he needed to read. At times, I forgot that he had a company he had to run.

I turned my interest from the papers to Bang. Now that Bang wasn’t awake and I could see his face clearly, he looked defenseless and surprisingly, gentle in his sleeping form. I could also see how pale he was compared to when I first met him and the black bags underneath his eyes further confirmed that he hasn’t gotten enough sleep. I felt kind of bad but my attention was brought back when small whimpers left his lips. He was having another nightmare and before I could even think, my sympathy took over and I reached out to run my fingers through his hair to calm him down. The whimpers stopped and I slowly retracted my hand. But before I could completely bring it back down to my side, my wrist was snatched.

“What are you doing?” Bang slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me.  

I flinched, I didn’t think I was going to get caught. “I wasn’t going to kill you if that’s what you’re thinking.”

He scoffed. “You wouldn’t be able to even if you tried.” Bang lets go of my hand and straightens up in his chair. “I needed to see you a while ago.”

I left his side and walked around the desk to take a seat across from him. “Daehyun forgot to tell me.”

He sighed loudly and rubbed his face to get rid of his tiredness. I watched him silently as he leaned to the side to pick up something. He lifts his arms and drops a few heavy books on his desk. “You needed these, rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter