Chapter 14

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uh, noona, what are you doing up?”

I turned my attention from the stove to Chin Ho who just walked into the kitchen. I smiled at the sight of him in his uniform. This was the only best thing that came out of this deal, Chin Ho still going to school and staying out of trouble. If mom and dad could see him now, they would be so proud. 

“I’m preparing your lunch.”

“But, you never do that.” He took a seat at the island in the middle of the kitchen.

“Exactly, now that my job doesn’t keep me busy, I just thought I should at least make you lunch for school.” He doesn’t say another word and watches me put everything into a food container for him. “So, who takes you?”

“School happens to be closer from here so I walk.”

I nod.

“What’s wrong with your wrist and are you…limping?”

I gave him a look. “Don’t worry about it.” I hate to admit it, but both are my fault. The only thing that I can make Bang responsible for is the mental damage I took from last night. “Here.” I handed the container to him so he can put it into his book bag.

“Noona, what time did you get home last night? Did you even sleep? Those bags…” He pointed underneath his eyes and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“This is what happens when you work under that demanding guy.” I breathe out while Chin Ho checks the time and jumps up from his seat. “I’m gonna be late. See you later, noona.”

I nod. “Hopefully.” I pray they wouldn’t make me go on another ‘business’ trip with them again. “Oh, wait!” I called out to him.

He turned back and I motioned for him to come closer. Once he was in front of me, I leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. He jerked backwards and placed his hand on the spot my lips had been. “What was that for?”

“I can’t kiss you?” He gave me a disgusted look and walked away. “Ungrateful brat.” I clicked my tongue. I took a seat at the island and looked at my wrist. “Ugh, it won’t leave scars, right?”

“That’s what you’re worried about?”

My head snaps up to the doorway at the sound of someone’s voice and I immediately narrowed my eyes. “What are you doing up, Him Chan?”

He walks over to the fridge and takes a cup of water. He doesn’t give me a response until after he took a gulp.

“I should be asking you that. You’re not thinking of escaping, are you?”

I gave a short laugh. “If escaping was my plan then it would have been super easy last night when you left me and disappeared.” At that mention, his face tensed up and I just figured he was like that since it reminded him of how much he got scolded by Bang. I turned serious after remembering what I read last night. “Hey, what exactly happened?”

“Mind your own business.” He placed the cup into the sink. He went to walk away when I had to speak out again.

“Does that happen often?” Even though I don’t like Him Chan, my nursing feelings kicked in and I had to be sure or I wouldn’t be able to stop thinking about it. So I convinced myself I was only doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter