Chapter 12

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sae Ryun, she’s not part of the deal.”

The guy stopped doing whatever he was doing when he heard Bang’s voice. I couldn’t breathe a sigh of relief just yet with his hands still on me. Soon, those left me too and I tumbled backwards into someone else. I quickly steadied myself when I realized it was Jong Up and looked ahead of me to see Jun Hong standing between Sae Ryun and I.

The man turned to Bang in irritation. “Then why did you bring her?”

I see Bang stepping forward to say something but I couldn’t hear over the loud music. All I could do was watch their lips move in silence.

“We brought her here to show that she is one of us and to tell you to spread the word.” Bang eyed Sae Ryun.

“And what is that?” Sae Ryun snapped.

“A warning. If anyone lays their hands on her, you will deal with me.”

“What about our deal?” He carefully said.

“You do what I tell you and I don’t reveal anything about your ‘activities’.” Bang straightened up. “Now get out. When I need you again, I’ll call for you.”

I saw Bang motioned the guys and his followers to leave and they did so after throwing a few unhappy looks, but I still have no idea what Bang told them. For all I know, he could be planning to sell me next time. Bang went to sit down and he looked up at me. “Take a seat.”

I couldn’t believe that I just had to go through all that and he has the nerve to just pretend like nothing happened.

It starts now, no more obedient Na Ri.

I was going to play along for a little more and listen to him but because I just had to go through that awful experience, I am going to do everything in my power to cause that oh-so-perfect face of Yong Guk to distort with aggravation. Call me immature but this is the only way I knew how to get back at him.

“No.”

“What did you say?” He glowered up at me from his seat and the boys sighed to themselves.

“Why don’t you try saying, ‘do you want to take a seat’?”

“Like hell I will.” He looked away from me. “Him Chan, when is the source coming?”

“He should be here in a few minutes.”

Bang nodded and I just stood there and continued to pull my dress down bit by bit.

“Stop messing with it.” Bang looked over at me again.

“I’m wearing the damn thing so let me do what I want with it.” I retorted. I knew little things like this would set him off so I purposely did it. The bottom of my right foot was starting to burn so I kept shifting in an attempt to make it comfortable.

“Would you just sit down.” Bang said through gritted teeth.

“I told you I didn’t want to, right?” I questioned back and saw how his jaw muscles tightened in an attempt to control his anger.

“I knew it was too good to be true.” Him Chan said from the side. “And here I thought you have finally given up arguing.”

Oh please Him Chan, what happened at the house doesn’t count.

“Then stop fidgeting and stand still.” Bang ordered me.

You’re just asking me to be more annoying when you order me around. I stared at him blankly. “I need to go to the bathroom.” I went to walk past them but Him Chan put his arm out to stop me. I paused. “As much as you guys want, I can’t hold it.”

“Go with her.” Bang directed at Him Chan. He put his arm down but of course, there was no way I was just going to go along with it.

I turned back to face him. “I want Jun Hong to go with me.”

Jun Hong wore a shocked expression and pointed at himself. 

I mentally smirked because I can see the irritation and annoyance written all over Bang’s face.

Him Chan stepped forward and grabbed my hand. “What - “ I couldn’t finish what I was saying because Him Chan hauled me through the crowd of dancing people so fast I didn't have time to even think. He pulled me all the way to the bathroom and to the side before I went in.

“Look, I know what you’re doing.” He simply stated.

I wasn’t surprised but it didn’t matter. I wasn’t going to stop. I was going to continue to do it until Bang was so sick of me that he would want me to leave. He doesn’t like people questioning him or going against what he wanted and I will do exactly that.

“I’m not going to stop.”

Him Chan warned me. “You can only push Yong Guk so far. He’s going to explode.”

“That’s what I’m hoping for.” I pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter