Cake

Went To Find My Sister A Boyfriend, Ended Up Marrying Him Instead

 

Han Sung Hee POV

 

"Thank you so much for helping me out so much Mrs. Choi After our parents passed away, Unnie used to do a lot of the housework because I was still in my last year of high school" I said with a smile as I placed the cake into the oven. "I used to always burn the food I'd make, so Unnie would cook and try to clean between university and working," I said with a smile, "But her cleaning skills weren't very good. She would try to clean but usually I'd take over because she wasn't that good" I said with a laugh.
"You really love your Unnie don’t you?" Mrs. Choi asked smiling at me.
"Of course!" I said, piling the utensils into the sink, "After Umma and Appa passed away, Unnie decided that we'd take care of each other. She was really brave to take it all on, because at the time I was a mess. I couldn't really take the loss very well, but she stayed strong through the whole time for me" I said smiling as I looked down.
"Your sister did really well with looking after you Sung Hee" She said with a smile as she assisted me with the cleaning, "You've grown up to be an exceptional young woman. Your sister and mother have done very well in taking care of you" She said smiling at me.
"Thank you" I said as I started washing the bowls in the sink.

"By the way, Sung Hee, do you remember what we talked about the first time I met you?" Mrs. Choi asked me as she wiped down the table.
"It's been a while" I said with a little laugh.
"Yes it has" She said laughing along with me, "I meant about the marriage proposal"
"Oh that. I've been meaning to talk to you about that too." I said picking up a bowl.
"Good" She said happily, "I would really like for you to marry Minho" She said smiling at me.
"What?" I asked, the bowling slipping from my hand into the sink.
"I think that you would be the perfect person for Minho. I really want to have you as my daughter-in-law" She said smiling as she sat down in on one of the bar stools.
"Mrs. Choi. I can't marry Minho. I didn't want to talk to you about me marrying him. I want to talk to you about him marrying my Unnie" I said scrubbing at the wooden spoon.
"Sung Hee, that's very sweet, but I want you to marry him. You're the only person who I want to have Minho to marry. I know that you can handle him and that you will take care of him." She said with her hands on the table.
"Mrs. Choi, I really can't marry him. It's very sweet of you to say things like that, but I came here for Minho to marry my Unnie. If it isn't Unnie, then I don't want anything to with him" I said as I started rinsing the bowls.
"But Sung Hee, you are a perfect daughter-in-law to me. Couldn't you just give it a chance at least?" She asked looking at me.
"I can't. Not only am I not right for him, but I want Minho to be my brother-in-law. I want him to make my Unnie happy and I cannot think of him in anyway other than that" I said looking at Mrs. Choi. She looked down at her hand sadly. I continued to wash the other utensils in silence when she looked up again at me.
"How about this, what if you pretended to be married to him? Just for a year." She said with hope and smile.
"I can't do that. I could never do that to Unnie. I'm really sorry Mrs. Choi, but I could never marry Minho, let alone pretend to marry him" I said placing the utensils to dry, "If there is anyone to marry Minho that I know, it will be Unnie"
"Sung Hee. I know that your sister is a good person, but please at least think about this?" She said almost pleading.
"Mrs. Choi. I've made up my mind. I'm really sorry, but I can do that" I said shaking my head.
"Okay" She said nodding her head sadly, "Anyway, I should get going now" She said with a little smile, "Remember to take the cake out when the timer goes off. I'll come by another time to teach you some more recipes" She said standing up and grabbing her bag.
"Thank you for coming over again" I said, drying my hands and coming around the table, "You've taught me so much"
"It's okay Sung Hee" she said smiling and hugging me
"Take care Mrs. Choi" I said as she left.
"You too Sung Hee" she said as she waved before getting into the elevator.

I went over to the couch and sat down, thinking about her words. I couldn't believe what she had just asked me to do ~Marry Minho?! That's not even a sane thought. Why would I come all this way to marry him? My whole objective of coming to Korea is finding Minho yes, but to have him marry Unnie. Not me! Just the thought alone makes me feeling weird~ I cringed at the thought as I heard the bell for the timer go off. I pulled the cake out of the oven and placed it on the bench top. It wasn't burnt and smelt amazingly good.
"I should call Unnie!" I said as I went looking for my phone.

I dialed Unnie's number and wait for her to answer. As it rang, I turned the cake over and out onto a cooling wire rack. As I put the cake tin into the sink she picked up the phone.
"Hello?" She answered the phone.
"Unnie! Guess what I did today?" I said excitedly as I filled the piping bag with icing that I'd prepared earlier under the instruction of Minho's mother.
"You didn't burn down the kitchen did you?" She asked in a joking tone.
"No! I did the opposite" I said proudly.
"You froze up the kitchen?" She asked.
"I baked a cake!" I ignored Unnie's comment.
"And no one is dead, right?" She asked with a laugh.
"Of course not. Mrs. Choi helped me bake it today. Here I'll change this to a video call and show you" I said as I pressed the button. "See! It looks pretty good right?"
"Hey it actually does look pretty good!" She said with a smile, "Are you going to ice it?"
"Yeah, I'm just about to" I said as I held the piping bag to the cake.
"Well, be careful" She said as she watched me ice the cake.

"Hey Unnie" I said as I iced the cake, "Minho's mother asked me something"
"What?" She asked.
"She asked me to...." I mumbled
"I didn't hear you" She said.
"She asked me to.... Minho" I mumbled again as I turned the cake around, still not looking up at the phone.
"Will you stop mumbling, look up at me and tell me what she said?" She said loudly. I sighed and looked up at the camera.
"She asked me to marry Minho" I said quickly.
"Oh" She said. She looked at me surprised. "So what did you say?"
"I said no! There is no way I'd marry him! I'm doing this for you. Not me" I said shaking my head.
"What did she say to that?" She asked.
"She kind of begged me to marry him" I said.
"Begged you?!? Can she even do that?" She asked looking shocked.
"I don't know" I said shaking my head, "Anyway, I made it clear that I have no intentions on marrying him"
"Did she get that message?" Unnie asked.
"I think she did" I shrugged my shoulders, "I hope she did"
"Okay. How's the icing going anyway?" Unnie asked looking down at the cake.
"It's not working!" I looked down at the cake. The icing was sliding off the top of the cake. "Why won't it stay still?"
"Did you leave the cake to cool?" She asked. ~I forgot to leave it to cool!!!~
"Maybe. How long should you leave it for?" I asked.
"You should at least leave it for 10 minutes. You didn't let it cool did you?" She asked with a smile.
"Maybe" I said feeling stupid. Unnie started laughing.
"Have you got any icing left?" She asked.
"Yeah I do" I said nodding my head.
"Then let the cake cool down for another 10 minutes and try icing it again" She said with a smile.
"Okay. We'll do it your way" I rolled my eyes mockingly.
"Sung Hee, I have to go so I'll talk to you another time" Unnie said.
"Okay. Bye" I hung up the phone and looked at the puddle of melted icing on the table. "Now I have to clean that mess up.

----

I sighed as I lied back on the couch. I looked around me and SuJu were totally hooked onto my words.
"That's it?!?!?" Eunhyuk yelled out, "That explains nothing!"
"Yeah I know" I said with a smirk, "You guys were just so hooked in. It was kind of funny" I said with a laugh.
"Come on. Finish it off" All the others whined.
"Okay okay" I said with a sigh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY EVERYONE~ YAMASAU HERE~~~

SOOOOO... SURPRISE!!!! HERE IS A CHAPTER and it shows you how much of a bad cook i actually am but yes thats our chapter!

PLEASE ENJOY!!

 

Hi guys!
Ta-Da! A chapter! I've been working hard on this so I hope you guys enjoy it!
Please comment because we really want to hear what you have to say :)
-Ihsara!