He's Mine!

Let Me Keep You

Subscribe | Upvote | Comment


 

 

He’s Mine!

Days of ignorance had been sweet. Days of bliss had been incredible.

And just like that, those days were overtaken by the enforcers of cruel reality and cruel realization.

It was as if a magician had snapped his snazzy fingers and poof! He had craftily disappeared with your money, leaving you astounded and fuming for being tricked. But to Jongin, he felt as if the magician had randomly called him up onstage to be a volunteer, and he was left stumbling over his own two feet to perform a cheap magic trick to please an eager and attentive audience.

Things could go downhill if he couldn’t find a trick up his sleeve. It was a matter of life or death that he had to entertain the audience so he could get them to like him, but, much to his misfortune, he came up empty-handed. A rabbit hadn’t popped out of the top hat.

Just like right now, for instance. Jongin had no idea what to do—no plans, no practice, no magic. There were ways to greet the person who turned out to be the father of someone you really, really cared about...and Jongin had failed to do so. The gears clanking around in his brain were rendered useless at the most inopportune moment of his life. Words had been robbed from him, not a single decent greeting on the tip of his tongue. Like a deer caught in headlights, he uttered nothing unprompted, gawking shamelessly at the lovely, handsome man who claimed to be his little one’s father.

This young man is Kyungsoo’s father?! the dancer thought with heavy skepticism. He doesn’t look like a day over twenty-two—at most!

“Fa-father?” Jongin repeated dumbfoundedly, accidentally articulating his jumbled up thoughts. “But your surnames are different...”

Joonmyun lazily tilted his head to the side and eyed the dark-haired human with cold calculation. “That is none of your concern, mortal,” he stated tartly, wearing a sneer that dented the smooth planes of his flawless face. “And if you know what is good for you, you’ll stand down and leave so I can speak to my son alone.”

When Joonmyun had spoken, a short, light-footed body had sidled up closer to hide behind the tan-skinned male. Tiny, bare fists—the gloves having been stripped off—gripped at the fabric of the taller male’s coat, a forehead pressed against the lower region of a lean backside, seeking comfort in the other’s proximity and scent. Kyungsoo’s diminutive presence calmed Jongin’s frayed nerves a little. He discreetly shifted his arm and reached back without looking. He found his little one’s fear-shrunken shoulder and squeezed it—not as a reassurance, but as a reminder.

Kyungsoo gave him courage and strength and resolve. No, Kyungsoo was his courage and strength and resolve. The hazy clouds in Jongin’s mind cleared, and he straightened out his sloppily fallen composure.

Jongin’s response was steely as it was instinctive and heedless. “No.”

“What was that?” Joonmyun snapped, jaw tightening as he bit back an indignant roar.

Kyungsoo’s father, with his suffocating presence and deadly expression, had Jongin cowering on the inside, but the dancer refused to back down. The second that man had revealed his affiliation with Kyungsoo, Jongin’s defensiveness over his little one had skyrocketed above the stars.

Rising from the graveyard where it was buried to be forgotten during times of happiness, a ghostly word resurfaced into existence. Though soundless, it pounded against Jongin’s ears, loudly and repeatedly, filling him with sinking dread.

Alone. Alone. Alone.

If Kyungsoo was wrenched out of his arms...he’d be alone again. He’d be stuck in a hollow tunnel smothered in darkness, running hopelessly in a single direction that stretched out for eternity. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. No freedom. No happiness. Jongin would be left with nothing. He would be nothing.

No. He began to tremble on the inside. Kyungsoo promised, he thought fiercely. I promised. We are not going to leave each other.

Why was he arguing with Kyungsoo’s father anyways? They could’ve approached this matter differently with less hostile fronts, but something told Jongin to fight for Kyungsoo...

“I-I’m sorry, sir, but I can’t do that,” Jongin clarified himself, his deep voice wavering at first, but then it became stronger. “I won’t let him go, and he doesn’t want to leave me either.”

His pinched-up face still buried against Jongin’s backside, Kyungsoo uttered a soft, muffled sound in agreement.

“I’m afraid that wasn’t an option,” Joonmyun said darkly.

The next part was a blur for Jongin. Joonmyun, with his round eyes narrowed and ribbon lips pulled back into a snarl, stepped forward threateningly, but then there was a flash of movement, and suddenly Kyungsoo was standing protectively in front of Jongin, his scrawny arms spread out wide as if to say, If you want to get to him, you have to go through me.

“Don’t you dare!” the doe-eyed boy screamed at his father, his sweet, treble voice pitching violently. “Stay away, Daddy!”

Joonmyun stopped short, affronted and flabbergasted. His small son, who was normally so bubbly and so obedient, had raised his voice at him—and in defiance no doubt! His jaw hung slack in bewilderment. “Kyungsoo...” he gasped, as if someone he trusted with his life had betrayed him. “What is the matter with you?! Here I am, ready and anxious to bring you home—back to your distraught mother and your frightened brother—but you decide to cling to some MORTAL?”

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin winced at the booming volume of Joonmyun’s outburst which echoed loudly in the empty park. Jongin frowned, mystified as to why Kyungsoo’s father incessantly used the word mortal with apparent disdain. Why did he keep saying that?

“Minseok and I had to search this entire city for you,” Joonmyun ranted on, beginning to pace back and forth madly. “Risking the safety of our existences to our enemies who could be anywhere! How could you be so careless and so foolish, Kyungsoo? You know it isn’t safe out here! And your thirst!” he shouted, jabbing a finger at his edgy son who flinched guiltily. “Those deaths Minseok informed me of! He and I agreed it could’ve been only you, Kyungsoo! You know you’re not supposed to do that! I thought I’d taught you better discipline than that!”

“STOP IT!” Kyungsoo shrieked.

Jongin jumped at the shriek while Joonmyun stopped short in his pacing. The raven-haired child’s small, fragile chest heaved in and out laboriously as he tried to gain re-control of his temper and rationality. “You don’t understand, Daddy. It was for him.”

Without looking back, Kyungsoo reached out and gently seized his human’s wrist in his tiny grasp. At the interaction, Joonmyun frowned in heavy disapproval and shot a venomous look at the tan-skinned male—a look that meant a thousand of flying knives tipped with poison.

“I-I didn’t want to lose control and drink him, Daddy,” Kyungsoo tried to reason with desperate urgency. “There’s something about him that I... I can’t... He’s too...”

As his son faltered in his explanation—which was just a disorganized ramble of words—the superior one was struck with confusion. The situation was going nowhere if Kyungsoo was unable to verbally express his feelings.

Meanwhile, Jongin was also confused—completely lost as to what the hell was going on—and did Joonmyun just accuse his son of killing people?! And what did Kyungsoo mean about drinking him? He shuddered. It sounded disgusting.

Joonmyun let out a harsh sigh and rubbed his vein-throbbing forehead. “Kyungsoo, earlier, you told the boy that you loved him. That’s why you won’t leave him, correct?”

“Yes.”

“But that can’t be. It is impossible.”

“Why? Why is it impossible?”

The father stared at his son incredulously. “Kyungsoo, you don’t even know what love is! That concept is foreign to you! To make matters worse, you’re still a youngling! You can’t possibly understand the true meaning of love—”

“No! No! I do! I do!!” objected Kyungsoo, shaking his head hastily. “I understand it, Daddy! I realized what Baekhyunnie meant by love and want and protectiveness!” he insisted.

“That is absurd,” Joonmyun inserted sharply. “You and I will continue this discussion at home, my son. And you”—he pointed at Jongin who flinched because of the dangerous, stony glare directed his way—“will be thoroughly disposed of.”

“Don’t move!” Kyungsoo warned, ready to retaliate, balanced on the balls of his feet like a bird about to take flight. “You’re not going to lay a hand on him.”

“Why do you persist in being so stubborn?!” Joonmyun yelled at his son, leaning forward agitatedly.

“Because I don’t want to go back!” Kyungsoo wailed, on the verge of tears. “You want to know why I didn’t want to come home? It’s because I hate being locked up in that castle! I HATE that castle!” he shrieked. “I’m always alone and bored and stuck watching the world change while I can’t!”

The thin string that was Joonmyun’s patience snapped in two, and he bellowed out a rabid roar. “For the last time, Kyungsoo! We can’t change who we are! We’re VAMPIRES!” He whipped out a hand and curled his taut fingers into a claw.

There was a warm surge within Jongin’s veins, a rush that made him feel woozy and nauseous as if he was taking a dive on a rollercoaster. Every ounce of blood within his veins and muscles and bones suddenly converged to the center of his chest—his heart specifically. Just then, something cold and stony, yet intangible, grabbed at that organ and squeezed hard. He choked violently and clutched at his throbbing chest, brought down to his knees at the constricting pain. His eyes were clenched shut as he panted desperately for air, trying to withhold the screams curdling in his throat. What was happening to him?!

“Daddy! Daddy! Stop it! Stop hurting him!”

His shrill outcry ignored, Kyungsoo, impulsive and frantic, out his arm. A wedge lashed out from the ground at the superior one. Joonmyun’s concentration was broken, and he jumped back. Another wedge sprouted upward, aimed at his side, and he veered sideways to dodge it. His form vanished, only to reappear on the jungle gym, safe from the manipulated ground. Standing on top of the interwoven bars, Joonmyun seethed openly, his eyes flashing a furious red.

Doubled over while the strangling pain mercifully subsided, Jongin was too lightheaded and too shell-shocked to process what just happened. Kyungsoo made the earth move?! What the hell was wrong with Kyungsoo’s dad?

An insistent, cold tug on his hands begged for his scattered attention. Jongin weakly raised his chin, his breathing shallow and pupils dilated. Kyungsoo patted his cheek fervently, trying to get him to listen. The pale child cupped his human’s color-drained face, staring straight into those unfocused yet exquisite eyes.

“Jonginnie? Jongin?” Kyungsoo whined desperately, speaking fast. “We don’t have much time. I have to Change you—I have to Change you right now!” His panicked voice became soothing. “Don’t worry. It’ll be okay. I’ll protect you. Just don’t lose yourself.”

Jongin batted his eyelashes dizzily when Kyungsoo pressed his lips against his in a sign of encouragement. He felt intoxicated by the fleeting taste of the owl-eyed boy—an impossible sweetness that reminded him of berries and alcohol. Jongin groaned hoarsely, bringing up a numb hand to cover one of Kyungsoo’s that was braced against his jaw. He spoke in a brittle exhale. “Kyungsoo...what...?” He stared, disoriented at the angelic face of his little one, and belatedly realized that Kyungsoo was crying. A bloody-red droplet escaped from the corner of the child’s eye and streaked downward to stain the white canvas of his skin.

The smooth iciness of Kyungsoo’s cheek brushed past his ashen one as the little boy leaned in to bare his teeth and extend his fangs. He sank his glistening white fangs into the lush, tender flesh of his savior’s delectable neck.

Jongin jerked violently at the unexpected stabbing. His muscles tightened and a scream built up in his throat. He wasn’t sure if he actually released that scream when an outraged roar thundered above everything else.

“NO! KYUNGSOO!”

The little vampire shut his eyes, ignoring the exclamation. He bit harder into his human’s neck, spilling blood into his gaping mouth.

Jongin’s blood was exactly how he imagined it. Absolutely irresistible. He had not fed on blood so delicious, so rare, so pure like Jongin’s since his birth. It drove him onto the verge of uncontrollable bloodlust.

He choked on the warm liquid that stained his lips red. His inner monster, starving and revengeful, howled in triumph as it was freed from its cage. It feasted feverishly on the generous bounty of ambrosia that was poured into its parched mouth, ravenous that it could drink without restraint.

More. More! MORE!

Kyungsoo drank and drank and drank until the point of abandonment. He gripped at the coat of his prey tightly. His pink tongue darted out to lap up the dribbling blood, relishing its hot, heavenly flavor.

But then he heard a weak, strangled groan. A whispered plea reached his ear.

“Kyung...soo...”

Oh no. The wailing humanity in his heart unleashed a horrendous sob. NO! STOP IT!

Kyungsoo’s senses heightened, and he was yanked back to the surface of reality. He in a greedy breath of air and threw his head back, roughly extracting his fangs from the punctured neck of his beloved.

Without any support to hold him up, Jongin sagged over listlessly, his forehead hitting the solid ground. His eyes were tiredly lidded over, half-conscious from being drained. His chest fell and rose laboriously. A downward trail of dripping red liquid smeared the column of his wounded, exposed throat.

Kyungsoo didn’t realize that he was panting until he heard the harshness of his breaths grate his eardrums. He sputtered out a stream of apologies and promises between his sobbing and sniffling.

“Hold on, Jonginnie. It’s going to be okay. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” he wept, draping himself over the fallen form of his savior. He tentatively at the deep, needle-like punctures—resisting the temptation of draining the body into an empty husk—and hoped that the venom from his tongue would heal the holes faster. The skin around the puckered holes hissed at the touch of venom, bits of steam rising in protest.

Kyungsoo was going insane. Enough venom had been injected into Jongin, right? He didn’t drink too much blood, did he? He foggily recalled feeding on Jongin for only about a couple of intoxicated minutes.

Worried about his haphazardness, the doe-eyed vampire hastily pressed one palm against his savior’s chest, then placed another under his jaw, searching frantically for a pulse. He exclaimed in joyous relief when he felt a strong, crazy beat thrum underneath his trembling hands.

Boot soles scuffing on the ground indicated that Joonmyun was approaching his son and his supposed human. Kyungsoo whipped his head around to muster a defiant, albeit frightened glare at his father.

“Don’t come any closer!” Kyungsoo shouted, cradling Jongin’s upper body against his tiny, fragile chest. He held out a hand in warning, ready to summon his powers in order to defend himself and what was precious to him.

"Kyungsoo, release him, now," Joonmyun ordered sternly, hand held out. The superior one's face was pulled back in a restrained snarl.

"Noooo!" cried Kyungsoo, clutching the half-conscious male closer to his small chest. "No! He's mine! I want to keep him!"

Jongin stirred in his bout of excruciating pain. Fire. There was so much fire. It burned his blood like oil, extinguishing everything as if to incinerate his skin and bones into ash; it flared in boundless waves, spreading relentlessly. He registered that the source of the fire came from the throbbing punctures embedded in his neck. It hurt there the most. So goddamn much. His twitching hands fluttered up to the young, rigid vampire that cradled him in his puny lap. He clawed feebly at the boy’s clothes.

"Kyung...soo," he rasped, his throat also beginning to burn, dry from the lack of saliva. "I can't breathe..." He wheezed painfully and panted hungrily for air, clutching at the little vampire's shirt front. "Help me..." He let out a strangled scream, hoarse and breathless. His once-limp body began to convulse and writhe.

Kyungsoo Jongin's ashen cheek with a cold hand. For the latter, it felt relieving against his hot-clammy skin. The owl-eyed boy rubbed his nose in his human's dark, lush locks. "Don't worry, Jonginnie. The pain will ebb away. Just hold on. For me."

Joonmyun’s softly-structured face hardened as he scowled at their exchange. "Kyungsoo," he snapped in a sharp tone. "Leave him! He doesn't deserve to be one of us! Nor will he survive the pain! The Change will surely kill him by midnight."

"He will too survive!" Kyungsoo childishly tossed back. He glanced down at Jongin's slack face, who had finally succumbed to the torturous Change, but his heart was still beating, increasing in tempo and volume.

The rapid thudding piqued Joonmyun's interest. The superior one raised an arched brow.

“Calm yourself,” Joonmyun admonished stonily, but his expression was cool and posture unhostile. “What’s done is done. I cannot change that.” He growled slightly. “In order to stop me from killing him, you’ve chosen to damn him.” It was more a question of confirmation than a scolding statement.

“Yes,” was Kyungsoo’s unhesitant answer.

“Tell me, Kyungsoo, what did his blood taste like to you?”

Kyungsoo was taken aback at the question. “He...he tasted like...”

Seeing how his son couldn’t dredge up the right word, Joonmyun prompted his child neutrally, “Does his blood call out to you?”

Kyungsoo gnawed on his lower lip, contemplating for a second. “...Yes.”

“Deep down inside yourself, would you only feed on his blood and no one else’s?” Joonmyun continued.

Kyungsoo nodded carefully, but then he realized that it was true. He would. No one else could ever overly satisfy him than Jongin, and he would allow no one to have Jongin other than himself. “Yes.”

The superior one lolled his head back in resignation, closing his eyes as he harshly exhaled a disgruntled breath through his gritted teeth. That posture made him look defeated and tired.

“Why?” he grumbled, cracking his eyes open to balefully glare at the night sky. “Why did it have to be a human for my child?”

Straightening up, Joonmyun leveled a displeased frown at his son who watched him with a guarded stare, those round, pretty eyes gleaming brightly in the moonlight.

Kyungsoo reminded Joonmyun so much of himself—with a pinch of his mother, too, of course.

“Kyungsoo, that human”—Joonmyun had to forcibly cough that word out—“you cling so dearly to is your...mate.”

A shocking, silent moment passed before Kyungsoo stammered out, “M-mate? Jonginnie is my mate?” He dropped his stunned gaze down at the agonized human quietly groaning in his comatose state. He was staring—no, admiring—Jongin with a new, sudden light in his eyes.

A mate.

"...Perhaps he is, my child,” Joonmyun drawled, the area around his nose pinched together, indicating that he wanted to sourly object. “I will allow him a chance to fight for his life. I won't hurt him," he inserted quickly, catching Kyungsoo's suspicious glare. "If he lives, he lives. If not...then there will be no need to raise a hand to end his life when there is no life to take."

The sincere, methodical pledge seeped through Kyungsoo's stubborn defenses, and he regarded his father speculatively. "Really? You promise?"

Joonmyun nodded, a hand over his slow-beating heart. "I promise, my child. I am, after all, curious. His heartbeat is stronger and wilder than I've ever heard before. It outmatches Minseok's and even Minho's, whose heartbeat, by far, was a percussion of drums." He raised his chin, noting the star-spangled sky, and hummed. "Kyungsoo, I think it'd be best we moved to a safer, secluded location. Your human's screams may alert the human police or other predators lurking amongst the shadows."

"Okay!" beamed the little vampire. He blinked and glanced down at the listless human male who was half-draped over him, still gripping at his lapels even when unconscious. "Daddy...can you pick him up? I'm still too small and weak."

"Don't I know it?" murmured the older vampire, which elicited an annoyed "hey!" from his son.

Joonmyun, though slightly reluctant, came over to hoist the passed out human up into his arms, not staggering at all by the dead weight. His son tugged on his sleeve, and they both deserted the park together.

 

 

...

 

 

Jongin wondered if he had died and descended into hell.

At first, he had always thought it was just a standard conception that hell was described as a fiery pit, a dark inferno, an unimaginable place that broiled in monstrous temperatures hotter than the sun’s core. Now he was sure that it was probably true.

Intense, ruthless fire coursed through his agonized veins like a wildfire. It scorched his bones, melted his muscles, and suffocated his lungs until he couldn’t feel the weight and shape of his own body. It was as if he was entirely consumed by flames, becoming the fuel that fed a torch.

How could there be fire inside of him? Why wasn’t he dead yet?

In the back of his mind, Jongin was sure that he wasn’t dead yet—he couldn’t be dead yet. Something erratic and fist-sized pulsated distressfully in his chest; it was like a wild beast ramming its shoulders into the prison bars that was his ribcage.

His heart.

It was loud—so loud. He could hear its rapid, thudding beat echo in his dysfunctional ears. Jongin wondered if the crazy pumping of his heart meant that he was still fighting to stay alive—that he wasn’t giving up.

It gave him hope.

Hope that he wasn’t dying.

Because death meant being separated from Kyungsoo.

A jolt sparked in the hazy limbo of his mind. Jongin howled in rage and frustration. Painpainpain, he groaned. So. Much. God. Damn. PAIN!

Then a string of light penetrated through his burning darkness, calling out to him.

“Jonginnie?” a beautiful voice whined fearfully. “Jonginnie?!

Jongin began to thrash, struggling with the white-hot chains shackled around his feeble form. That voice... He wanted to sob uncontrollably. That voice belonged to the one person he couldn’t bear be parted from. He would rather let the whole world be destroyed so that he could selfishly hold his whole world and never let go.

“Kyung...soo...”

And blazing blackness greeted him once again.

...It wasn’t long until hell froze over.

 

 

...

 

 

When Jongin’s body went limp, Kyungsoo reacted with alarm.

“Jongin!” Porcelain hands flew to the tan-skinned male’s feverish face, fretfully cupping those heated cheeks and smoothing out the contorted lines that dented a polished forehead. Kyungsoo was forced to let go when Jongin fitfully tossed and turned in his bed, the blankets further tangling themselves around the male’s sprawled out limbs. Kyungsoo climbed onto his human’s recumbent form, straddling a narrow waist with his skinny legs and bracing his palms on restless shoulders that wouldn’t settle. Salty, sticky sweat had soaked through Jongin’s clothes, the fabrics plastered against his hot skin. Being careful with his inner strength, Kyungsoo pushed Jongin back into the mattress, the tan male reflexively squirming and grunting as he was held still.

“Calm down, calm down,” the little vampire crooned at his delirious beloved. “It’ll pass. The pain will pass.”

Although he sounded convincingly reassuring, Kyungsoo was slightly uneducated to the whole Changing process. Sure, he had the learn about its pros and cons, but actually having been the one to Change someone, then having to watch them suffer through the procedure was something that he had wished been explained more explicitly with un-sugarcoated details.

His nimble fingers trailed up to caress the healing puncture marks that his fangs had left behind. The pinked skin around the twin holes was slowing repairing itself.

Watching Jongin be tormented by the severe effects of venom...seeing him vulnerable and powerless...sickly with an abnormally high fever...shaking and sweating...his tan skin all flushed and taut...hearing his screams as he incoherently begged to be saved...

It killed Kyungsoo on the inside—because he was the cause of it.

The petite vampire suffered in shared empathy with his beloved. It hurt too much and it showed—his chest was constricted, his heart heavy, and eyes tight. He felt a dozen of torturous feelings at once: that he’d been stabbed with a hundred of throwing knives; that he had fallen off the tallest building in the world and his body had burst apart like a broken egg; that gravity had decided to reel in the sky until it flattened him into a pancake.

And that misery continued on for hours.

Soon, the screaming and thrashing ceased into quiet, still movements. Kyungsoo slid off Jongin’s prone form and worriedly examined the dancer’s fevered, unanimated face.

The young vampire didn’t glance up when a shadow appeared by the bedroom door and leaned against the frame.

“The venom has eaten away most of his humanity—of what makes him human,” Joonmyun murmured, arms crossed against his chest and eyes lidded over in boredom. “His blood has been transformed, extra fat has been burned away, and any food in his stomach dissolved. His bones and muscles have hardened, and his skin is tighter and stronger.” The older vampire met his son’s apprehensive gaze from across the room. “But congratulations, he is still alive. It is midnight. All that’s left for the venom to do is alter the boy’s body cells and heal whatever wounds that were afflicted on him.”

“Then what?” Kyungsoo whispered. But he already knew the answer, and he dreaded it.

Joonmyun lolled his head back so it gently hit the doorframe. He sighed softly.

“Then...the thirst begins.”

The room became unbearably quiet as a heart pumped its last heartbeats.

Tha-thump.

 

 

...

 

 

Jongin didn’t know when or how he woke up, but all he registered was the overwhelming dryness of his mouth and throat.

It was impossible to explain how ing thirsty he was. Maybe he accidentally swallowed a desert—sand and all—when he visited hell. That, or hell had drained all the liquids out of him.

“Ugh,” he coughed, and grabbed at his neck. His groan was a low, disturbed sound, his esophagus incredibly scratchy and irritated.

“Jongin?”

Dull senses suddenly prickling with sharp awareness, Jongin realized a small presence was hovering on his left. He flopped over on his side as thin fingers tentatively touched the area under his left eye. His long lashes fluttered rapidly as he tried to focus on the blurry figure staring down at him.

“Can you hear me? Jongin?” The sweet, urgent voice became tensely worried. “Jonginnie?”

A growl ripped through Jongin’s flaming throat, and the boy that’d been saying his name squeaked when he was suddenly grabbed and yanked forward.

Jongin sank his fangs in.

Kyungsoo let out a strangled shriek when the skin near the lower region of his neck was brutally attacked by a pair of relentless incisors. He had underestimated Jongin’s sudden surge of monstrous strength as he tried to free himself by pushing against the latter’s muscular chest. It was futile. Kyungsoo was trapped in Jongin’s crushing embrace, one arm cinched around his petite torso, and a hand holding his head in place. The small vampire began to cry and whimper as he was being drained, the sounds of slurping and swallowing loud against his ears as every other noise was drowned out. The stabbing ached and throbbed—Kyungsoo’s first experience of true pain.

But it was pleasurable too.

Through the bite marks, the youngling was injected with the stimulating side effect of venom. The tension and resistance he had in him slowly melted away. White fists unclenched and an erect spine reclined, overcome by the easing sedative of a sensual tingling sensation that filled the child with the primal urge to indulge himself in the intoxication. Somehow, it made him feel all warm and weak inside, sinking below and penetrating underneath the layer that made him inhuman. The thumping muscle next to his lung pumped big, slow beats, as if gasping and catching its breath. His toes curled, and his lashes fluttered.

Kyungsoo leaned his small, feeble body against his imprisoner, resting his drooped head on a broad shoulder as his strength gradually grew less and less. But he was barely aware of that—subdued by the sweet bliss that thrummed through his very bones.

Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, whispered an urgent voice through the foggy drunkenness. It grabbed at him, trying to pry him away from the heavy shackles of the darkness. Control him. Do not fall prey to him. You are his master. He is your servant.

“Ngh.” Kyungsoo winced and gritted his teeth, his bearings returning to him like a tidal wave. The intrusion in his neck hurt, and so did the sunken fangs of the newborn with sloppy feeding manners.

Stop.

The newborn hissed disdainfully.

Kyungsoo squirmed madly in the arms that caged him and demanded more authoritatively, “I said stop it! Now!

With a jerk, the fangs were freed from his flesh. Kyungsoo panted in relief and would’ve collapsed onto the bed covers if it hadn’t been for the fact that he was being held captive in a possessive embrace. His skinny legs were still straddled around Jongin’s waist, and he kept himself upright by clinging onto the taller male’s blood-stained shirt. Bracing himself, he stared straight into his beloved’s eyes.

Lustful, bloody red eyes.

He’s thirsty, Kyungsoo thought tiredly, a frown upturning his heart-shaped lips. A newborn that’s driven with bloodlust.

Cautiously, the curious youngling reached up to touch one of the purple crescents under Jongin’s glinting eyes with his fingertips. The newborn was panting, mouth agape, showing his two rows of pearly-white teeth. His fangs, slightly curved and razor-sharp, protruded out the most, nearly biting into his thick lower lip. His toned chest heaved in and out, in and out, wanting to succumb to the insane, compulsive action to attack his only supply of blood, but he was held at bay—compelled by his master’s will.

Jongin whined at Kyungsoo, wordlessly begging for more blood. Only a fraction of his raging thirst had been quenched.

Kyungsoo shook his head and cupped the other’s face, his strong cheekbones with gentle swipes of his thumbs. “No more, Jongin. Not from me. You need to control yourself,” he instructed softly. “For now, try to sleep.”

Jongin’s brows creased together, and he growled slightly, the sound vibrating deep in his chest. Kyungsoo made a cute, disgruntled face and pushed his upper body against Jongin’s so that the latter fell back against the bed, Kyungsoo lying on top of him. To placate the unsatisfied newborn, the small vampire kissed away the pronounced grimace on his beloved’s lips and nuzzled their noses together.

“Go to sleep,” he cooed sweetly. “I promise you can drink more tomorrow.”

As if Kyungsoo’s words were laced with hypnotizing magic, Jongin’s eyelids grew heavy, and he willingly fell asleep, his dark hair splayed out on the pillow and his breathing easing into a light tempo. Kyungsoo smiled affectionately and used his sleeve to wipe away the drying blood on his mate’s chin and collar.

Hm. Mate. He liked the sound of that. It was perfect.

Kyungsoo swayed unsteadily, lightheaded and suddenly hungry. As carefully and as gently as he could, he extracted himself from the possessive grip Jongin had around his wrist and hip. He slipped out of bed and soundlessly tiptoed out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him. He had to replenish himself of loss blood. He needed to feed.

Hopefully his dad wouldn’t mind donating a few pints.

 

 


Oh, gosh. I am so incredibly sorry for not updating earlier, but this chapter needed lots of revising, and it still does. I'll do it tomorrow, so excuse me for any mistakes and such.

Added 2/1/14: I can finally admit what inspired me to write this fic. It was the scene a little after when Kyungsoo extracted his fangs from Jongin's neck. It's the part where Kyungsoo is cradling an unconsious and drained Jongin in his lap while Joonmyun comes forth, ordering his son to let the human go. But Kyungsoo refuses, and screams the whole "No! He's mine! I want to keep him!" Yeah, that was the first vivid scene that plagued my mind until I wrote it out. Now that it's posted, I feel very accomplished of myself. It's like the heaviness weighing down my body has been lifted.

OHMYAFASLJSDAGGLHSFDLAJHDASGDKAJDHALGDJASGOD! I HAVE 406 subbies! I love you so goddamn much! <3 *throws a bunch of hearts at you* Please comment LOTS and upvote LOTS because I really miss those and it'll motivate me to update faster (even though I have three other fics to deal with /jumps off cliff/)

Anyways, ahem, did anyone like the way the plot came out to be? *looks at you innocently* >:D Mwuhahaha!

Extra: Happy Lunar New Year! Did anyone get their red cards? Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney!

Sorry if I don't have a lot to say. I'm really tired and sleepy right now. I might add some stuff tomorrow. Until then, ta-ta! I WUV U!

Here's my lovely Kaisoo!

Cr: to real owners