Stop Acting

The Difference Between Then and Now

 

 

 

“Aish!” she mumbled to herself as she entered the hotel. “I must have been crazy! Why did I nod? Aish! I’m screwed!”

 

“Uh, how can I help you, Madam?” the clerk asked nervously.

 

“Ah,” Gui Gui took out her ID, “check-in for Wu Ying Jie, please.”

 

The clerk took her ID and entered in her information. “Ah, your room is actually reserved for tomorrow . . .”

 

“Ah, is that so? Is there a way I can check-in early? Or maybe, change the reservation?” she asked worriedly.

 

“We can change your reservation, but it would have to be in a different room. Instead of a smoke-free deluxe king, we can give you just regular deluxe king. You can change rooms tomorrow after 2 pm at the front desk.”

 

“Ah, really? I hate the smell of cigarettes though. Is there any other room? It really doesn’t have to be a deluxe.” She shifted her feet, feeling exhausted.

 

“Uhm,” the clerk checked carefully. “We have a smoke-free standard open, is that alright?”

 

“Yes, please, that’s fine.” She waited patiently as the clerk check her in. She looked around and noticed a face sitting on a sofa, reading a magazine. Girl’s Generation’s Jessica was there facing her. She quickly turned away from the familiar face. She felt wrong for some reason. Maybe it was what the reporters were asking as they called her name. It wouldn’t be possible for the articles to have come out that fast, could it? But there weren’t only reporters, there were also fans there who probably have took to social networking site to spread the news before the reporters.

 

“Miss Wu,” the clerk called. She handed Gui Gui her belongings before leaving to get a room card. “You’re in room 1420. If you need anything, please let us know and tell us who you are so we could give you the right service. We apologize for not being able to give you your room and we hope you enjoy your stay with us.”

 

“Thank you,” Gui Gui replied sweetly. “So tomorrow I just need to go back to the front desk to change the keys and that’s it?”

 

“Yes, Madam,” the clerk replied. “I will be sure to leave a note for the worker tomorrow.”

 

“Thank you again,” she smiled before heading to the elevator as quickly as her feet may carry. Before the elevator door closes someone stepped in. Jessica stepped in with her phone raised to her ear. Gui Gui put her sunglasses back on as quickly as she could and pretended to be interested in the elevator music that was playing. Jessica gave her a weird look before pressing the button for the 12th floor.

 

“Oh, Oppa,” Jessica said to the person she was calling. “I’m on my way up right now, can you come out?” Gui Gui strained her ear to listen to the guy Jessica was talking to, but it was no use. The volume was turned down too low. “Aniya. I didn’t bring anything else with me. But we promised! YOU promised we were going to talk about this together. No, I’m not even—ugh. No one knows, it’s okay! You don’t think I heard what happened this morning? Why don’t we all just meet together? That would settle things right?” Jessica caught Gui Gui looking at her. “Oppa, just come out.” She hung up the phone and face Gui Gui fully.

 

“Do I know you?” Jessica asked, tilting her head to the side. “You look really familiar.”

 

“Uhh,” Gui Gui hesitated, “oh, no engrish.”

 

“Are you Korean?” Jessica asked in Korean.

 

Gui Gui tried her best to look lost and confused. It was just acting, she does that every day for a living.  “So you’re not,” Jessica mumbled. “Arasseoyo,” she turned back toward the front.

 

The elevator door opened on the twelfth floor. Jessica strutted out with a smirk on her face. “Oppa,” she called. Gui Gui moved towards the middle of the elevator and saw Taec leaning on the wall opposite of them with his hands in his jeans pocket. He wore the same clothes from when he picked her up and dropped her off. To say Gui Gui was confused was an understatement. She was sure he didn’t come in with her, so how did he get there. How did he get pass her at the front desk and snuck up stairs so fast. Surely she didn’t that long at the front desk.

 

Taec looked past Jessica and straight at her. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open. She quickly masked her expression and thanked the gods she had her sunglasses on. That way he wouldn’t be able to see how her eyes teared up when he gave Jessica a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The elevator door slowly began to close. Not being able to hold herself up, she slid down against the wall and sat on the floor quietly. She drew her legs close to her and she put her head down silently. Her phone began to vibrate uncontrollable in her jeans pocket. She ignored her phone and continued to silently cry without letting any tears fall.

 

She had believed that maybe Taec was finally attacked to her. He did ask if he could come see her sometimes. Bai chi (idiot), she thought to herself, just because he asked doesn’t mean he was interested in you. He can just be playing again. Except this time there are no cameras. Don’t let him get to you Gui Gui, you’re strong. She got up just in time for the door to open to the fourteenth floor. By the time she reached her room, her phone had stopped ringing and she had about 5 miscalls from her manager, 7 from Taec, and 3 from Aaron. She opened her text and saw some messages from Taec and Aaron. She opened Aaron’s first.

 

From: Aaron Gege

Hey! I called but you didn’t pick up. I guess you are busy. >__<

You’re in Korea right? Let’s meet up tonight!

 

She quickly replied:

            To: Aaron Gege

            Alright! Give me an hour and a half to get ready and let’s go hang out!

            Hmm, wanna go to the park?? I’ll bring my camera!

            Pick me up at Park Hyatt in Gangnam in an hour and a half, Gege!

She hurriedly jumped in the shower and changed her clothes (http://x.ysi.bz/446/0002001446.jpg) in less than 30 minutes. After putting on light make-up, she waited for Aaron to text her to say he was there. While she waited she opened some texts from Taec:

            From: +82-010-0425-1217 (15:26)

            It’s Taecyeon. Can we talk?

            From: +82-010-0425-1217 (15:29)

            Please, Gui Gui? Can we please talk?

            I feel like I need to explain myself.

            Gui Gui?

            From: +82-010-0425-1217 (15:38)

            We really need to talk. Please, answer the phone.

            Answer my text please.

            From: +82-010-0425-1217 (15:42)

            Fine. You’re tired. I’ll let you rest.

            Please come out and talk to me when you wake up,

            I’ll wait in the lobby.

            From: +82-010-0425-1217 (15:45)

            Gui Gui?

 

She ignored all of his texts and headed towards the lobby on the first floor, hoping Aaron would already be there. She snapped pictures of the hotel as she walked. She finally arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the sight of Taec pacing around in front of the elevator. She held her head high and walked right passed him without giving him a second glance.

 

“Gui Gui!” two voices called at the same time but in different tones. One was Taecyeon’s wanting voice; the other was Aaron’s relieved voice. Gui Gui walked straight into Aaron’s open arms.

 

“Gege!” Gui Gui exclaimed. “Ni hao ma?”

 

“Hao, hao,” Aaron replied, taking his eyes away from Taecyeon. “Let’s go,” he said, offering his arm for her to take. She linked her arm through his and the two walked out together. “Who was that?” Aaron asked once they were outside.

 

“Ex husband,” she replied lightly.

 

“Zhen de ma?” Aaron laughed. “I guess he found his way back, huh?”

 

“That’s not how it is! And you know it!” she smacked his muscular arm with her free hand. “He’s taken, Gege.”

 

“Didn’t seem like it when he was calling your name,” he teased.

 

“I’m serious it’s not like that,” she defended. “We got ourselves in a sticky situation this morning with the reporters at the airport.”

 

“I heard. Your manager called me on the way over and told me to make sure you don’t do anything stupid.” He sighed sorrowfully. “What am I going to do with you, Gui Gui? It’s been three and a half years.”

 

“I’m fine!” she walked ahead of him and reached her arms up towards the sky with a bright smile. “I promise with all my heart he won’t get to me. If something happens, I promise that you’ll be the first to know.”

 

Aaron scoffed knowing her sincerity. He snapped a picture of her smiling brightly for her to keep as a reminder of what she said. They hopped in the subway in began their sight-seeing around Gangnam-gu. They shopped around and ate dinner together around the area before Aaron had to go to a party he was invited to.

 

At around 10:30, Aaron walked Gui Gui back to her hotel. Without going up to the room, he said bye.

 

“Will you really be okay?” he asked her. “He’s staying at this hotel too, isn’t he?”

 

“I’ll be fine! Don’t worry about me,” Gui Gui smiled. “Thank you for taking me out today.”

 

“It’s alright. I’m leaving for Taiwan in a week, text me when you have some free time, okay?”  Aaron shifted on his feet. He didn’t feel comfortable leaving Gui Gui there knowing that her “ex husband” might do something stupid. It wasn’t Gui Gui he was worried about. It was Taec. The two didn’t know each other, so Aaron wasn’t sure how much credits he should give to the guy. “And, Gui Gui,” Aaron said again, “call me if something happens?”

 

“Of course, I will!” she assured. “Now go to your party before you’re late.”

 

“Fine. Bye bye,” he gave her one more hug. “Good night.”

 

“Good night,” she watched as his back disappeared through the door and into the taxi waiting for him.

 

Gui Gui then made her way to the elevator with shopping bags in her arms. She was fortunate enough to have the whole elevator to herself. She liked hanging out with Aaron. He was a nice guy. But she didn’t want to lead him on. There was a time when they started hanging out after WGM that Aaron confronted her about using him to get back at Taec. She had assured him then that she didn’t mean to use him, and if she had, she didn’t do it on purpose. They didn’t talk or hang out for a long while. But in the end, they decided that it was alright to hang out. Sometimes Gui Gui would feel like Aaron likes her more than he admits, but she usually dismissed the feeling, because it seemed selfish of her.

 

She made her way out of the elevator and to her room. Walking down the long hallway on her own, she felt someone following her. She dismissed the feeling with paranoia being the reason. She did get paranoid really easily. But then once she was at the door, she felt someone behind her again. She peeked from the corner of her eyes and she caught brown leather jacket on a tall figure. She prayed to all the gods known to men that the person wouldn’t try anything. Her heart beat uncontrollably as she tried inserting the room card in its place with shaking hands.  

 

She heard the person behind her sighed before he pushed her to the side, taking the room key in his hand. Gui Gui kept her eyes on the floor, afraid of what she might see. She was greeted by the smell of strong alcohol radiating from the thief’s body.

 

“Am I that scary?” Taec’s sweet voice asked as he pushed the door open.

 

Gui Gui looked up to see Taec’s smiling face mere inches away from her own. “I needed to talk to you,” he explained.

 

Gui Gui walked past him to her room with her shopping bags. “Then talk,” she said and gestured for him to enter. She hoped she was doing the right thing.

 

“Okay,” he said as he closed the door behind him. Gui Gui had not moved away from the foyer area. “Why are you so mad at me?” he finally asked the question that has been burning his head. “What did I do that was so wrong? Did you really take that marriage we had seriously? Why do you keep acting in front of me? I’m Taec, Gui Gui. I’m Oppa. You don’t have to act in front of me. Why are things so different now?”

 

“I’m not mad at you,” she lied easily.

 

“Lies,” he said without taking his eyes off of her.

 

She sighed. “I’m not mad at you. You didn’t do anything wrong. All you did was follow your heart. There’s nothing wrong with that. I did take our marriage seriously and, at first, I thought you did to. And I’m acting in front of you right now, because I have pride. And I have self-worth. I am not going to put down to you anymore like I did. You’re not ‘Oppa’ anymore, you’re Ok Taecyeon the romanticist. Ok Taecyeon boyfriend of Ice Princess, Jessica Jung. I don’t have the right to show how I feel in front of you. And you don’t have the right to mess with my feelings anymore. Not this time around.”

 

They stood facing each other without looking into each other’s eyes. Except for Taec, he continued to search her eyes for any signs of lies. He could always tell whether she was lying or not by looking into her eyes. But since it had been so long since he last looked in her eyes and her acting skills got better, it was harder to tell her sincerity. He knew from the beginning that she took the marriage seriously, but he just didn’t feel the same. That’s why he always left as soon as filming was over. That’s why he pretended not to know that she broke down and cried when he left on the last day. He didn’t think she would really like him as much as she has admitted to.

 

After looking into her teary eyes for a full five minutes, he cupped her face in his hands and dived in for a kiss. He ignored her muffled protests and her attempts at pushing him away. He kissed her biting at her lower lips every now and then until he could sense that she was relaxed. He s his tongue in after she granted him entrance once. He pulled away soon after. The alcohol in his system was making him act crazy. His hormone was raging.

 

Gui Gui stood there with her eyes still closed hoping it wasn’t a dream. He watched her reaction for a quick second before he blurted out an apology.

 

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I shouldn’t have done that. I’m so sorry. I don’t know why I did that.” He looked around and saw the door. Before Gui Gui would open her eyes he dashed out the door to his own room. Gui Gui opened her eyes when she heard the door slamming, the tingling feeling his lips made on her lingers. She sank down on the floor, feeling her lips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi! Hae here~  I would like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU (Xie Xie, gamsahapnida, arigatou) for all of the positive comments I have recied. I was really  really surprise to find that many positive comments when I got back in the next day and started writing as soon as possible. :) I hope you guys don't mind the wait and thank you thank you again! ^^ I will try to update more frequently, but I can't promise much, because I do have summer classes and AP summer work that I have to get done before school start in two weeks. -__- But I WILL TRY for you guys! Please continues to be patient with me and THANK YOU again.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Oh and if anyone of you guys know how to put pictures, can you please please tell me how via message?? I'm new to this and am having trouble figuring it out. :) THANK YOU again~!