THANK YOU

You, Me and Forever.

You, Me and Forever.

Chapter 4

KIM: ‘THANK YOU.’

    I wanna slap my face out of embarassment with this gorgeous guy I'm talking with. I thought he was really one of those Amboys who would take advantage of every situation just to touch you and lay you in sheets in no minute. ert. But the way he looks at me, his smiles, those big brown eyes.. I'm melting. Naming him as a ert feels ike a crime after all. He's so fun to be with. I could spend this entire time talking with him. He keeps a formal distance between as as we talk. I never heard him swear yet. He seem so decent and funny.

   I've lost my attention with time. It must be 1:OO am now. I need to look for Vielka and Vin and Mellisa. ‘I'm troubled! Vielka left 6 missed calls already, I wish they hadn't left me yet.’ Oh no please. I can't be a trouble to Gerald this time. I have to get home without him. Or else I'll embarass myself more. ‘Maybe they're just somewhere here.’ He looked around and found no one of my cousins. ‘Anyway I have my car I can send you home.’ He looked concern and genuine. But no, he's still a guy. I'm troubled if I get in a car with a guy I barely just know for an hour or two in a club in 1:00 in the morning.
  'Excuse me ma'am?’ A server approached me. ‘You're looking for Mr. Vin and Miss Vielka? They already left an hour ago.’ Oh no. How could my cousins left me here alone. Alone with this drop dead gorgeous guy. ‘Wow they already left, is Uncle Gray with them?’ I sarted to get worried. ‘Yes ma'am, Mr. Grayson has left with them.'

  I wanna cry. Uncle Gray and my cousins are my only family here. Why did they left me. I feel abandoned. But they’re not to be blame. It’s nothing but my own fault. I felt a soft touch in my arms. ‘You must be tired already, C'mon get your stuffs I'll send you home. You can't get home by yourself with that look. I won't let you.’ I went to the Comfort Room to wear a blouse that’ll hide my suit top. I've got no choice and Gerald seem to be true with his words.I'm going with him. I wish it wouldn’t be much of a bother. If I just did pay attention on the time and my phone. Not with Gerald’s long lashes and how he sips his drink, I would have been home now, safe. But I won't deny my heart flutters when I think about us alone in a ride home. I could feel his hand behind my back while we were walking to where his car was parked. I feel a little sense of security. His car is a black Volvo. It suits him. He opened the door for me. And I feel like I went with a date. Date with my Prince charming who I thought was an ugly frog at first. I smiled at my self as he goes to drivers seat next to me. His car smells like him, a cool mint, so refreshing. The ride home was almost silent. He must be tired and I won't deny I feel tired too. I told him the directions, and it took us only 15 mins to reach my apartment. I wish the time would stretch.
   'Which floor are you?' He smiles as he open the door for me. As the door bang and get closed. I think of how I'm gonna miss the cool mint scent of the inside of his car. And I wonder if I will ever feel it again. Feel him and his scent again. 'It's fine, you ahm. I already owe you much Gerald. Thank you.. I..' Now what words to say to him that would perfectly tell how much thankful I am with what he did, the things he did since he told me his name? 'Which floor? C'mon it's getting cold.’ ‘3rd floor, look. I'm perfectly safe..' I insist as he drags me towards inside the building. ‘I want to make sure the very first girl who thought I was a ert and the girl who just made my 21st birthday the best gets home safe.' She flash a smile to me. I can't help but smile too.
    As we're getting closer to my door I feel a little pang of akwardness inside myself. It's eerily silent now I could only hear our foot steps and the beat of my heart that has gone fast. I don't know what to say, I owe him grand. Is thank you enough? I wanted to sound genuine to this guy who have done nothing but keep me comfortable and safe. ‘Gerald thank you so much! I'm perfectly safe.’ I don’t remember when was the last time I got nervous of saying Thank you. ‘I really did have fun with you.. Sorry earlier for the..’ He looked at me intently. He leaned closer. He was so close I could feel his mint breathe. He kissed me. I lost my senses, exept the innocent feeling of those soft and sweet lips that touched  mine, and the thumping of my heart against my chest. I forgot who I was with that 5-second kiss.

  • END of Chapter FOUR, KIM’s POV –