With Gerald

You, Me and Forever.

 

Chapter 18 
 
Kim: With Gerald.
 
 
      ‘You and me, forever. It’s what I’m living for. That is suppose to happen and it will happen to us, okay?' Gerald desperately assuring me, as he gave me the most passionate kiss he has ever done. A single tear dropped from his eye when he did withdraw. Now can I just get lost in this world for a moment? I hate my self for keeping something from him, for doing something he don't deserve to receive from me. For drifting out of the line in what's suppose to be same-page relationship. I’m so selfish.
     ‘I’m sorry Gerald for not telling you. I’m so self-centered.’ I said as conscience overpowered my thoughts. He looked at me for a moment as if measuring the words he's about to drop. 'I quite don’t understand why you have to keep it from me, but.. anyway, Kimberly, please. Trust me. As long as it doesn’t take much of an effort for you, please let me know everything, what your thinking, feeling.. everything.' I know. I know. I know. I was so wrong. I'm guilty. And I know I deserve this. He grabbed both of my hands and squeezed them.
      'Kimberly, I don't want you hiding things from me  just because the truth will make me unhappy. We'll hurt each other that's normal, but that's why we have each other, to ease whatever  the pain it'll cost us, right?'  He was looking right through my eyes like he was waiting for my approval. To say 'deal' in a serious business. And he couldn't be wrong. 'I love you Gerald, I'm sorry. I won't do the same thing again. I promise.' He hugged me and said, 'I love you too babe..', while brushing his hand over my hair..' and of course, apology accepted.'
---------------------------------------------------------——
 
       ‘Kimmy, if you got a problem with that time, just tell your Uncle Gray. Okay?’ Tita Wendy once again reminded me what to do if something goes wrong While she's about to leave to catch her 7.30 flight to Singapore. 'Yes Tita, Thank you. My flight’s time is perfect to me!’ I smiled like I wasn't covering a lie. Because as of the moment, no time will be good enough, more so perfect. That time will never be good to me, I'm not looking forward for that time, and I wish hours and minutes will drag it's way far from that  day and that time. I don’t wanna go home yet. Going home is going far, far from Gerald. I know right from the  start that this exact moment will happen, but it just came soon that it was just yesterday that I came here and we met, and I fall in love and.. there, I'm bound to get hurt.
     ‘Kimberly honey, have you been crying? Your eyes are a 'lil too-chink?’ She looks at me quizically which caught me alittle awkward. ‘No Tita, this is just.. I had allergy last night, maybe the chocolates a friend of mine gave me..’ She looked quite convinced. ‘Ohhkaay, be careful okay? If you're a mess when you get back to your dad it would take awhile before you can come back here again, and I'm not gonna be happy with that. I didn't even got a chance to go out with you, you know do chit-chat. I'm really sorry Kimmy, I'm just really.. being handy with my shop.’ ‘No, Tita it's fine, you have these business blood running in your heads and I completely understand that, that's my Dad, and of course Grandma too. You, Uncle Gray.. your family has done so much for me, really. So thank you so much Tita.' ‘Your a daughter to me Kimberly. And besides you are so adorable. We love you..Anyway I'm going, I couldn't miss my flight.’ ‘Thank you tita, enjoy your Trip!’ Then we squeezed each other goodbye.
     As the door closed, and I am now left alone, the thought of going home consumes my head. I really can't help but think that there are three days left before my morning flight on thursday back home. Three days with Gerald feels like a second. We've been inseparable since then but I haven't had enough of him  yet. It feels so good being next with him. Being far from him? I feel worse. But I've got no choice. Whatever this is, I have to get through and over this. Everything will be okay in the end. I'll just have to make the best of what I can on the next 72 hours of my life. With my life. With Gerald.
 
 -------END of Chapter 18, Kim's POV.--------